Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Missed Misacrriage UPDATE!

Hi again everyone!

I just want to thank you all for your kind words and advice this weekend! I had my d & c yesterday, and although it wasn't pleasant, everything went well. I am so relieved that its over and done with, after spending the last 3 days in a state of shock and worrying myself silly about what was going to happen to me, I can finally grieve for my little been and start to move on!

Anyway, I have more questions!!! I was told that I would bleed for a while after the d & c, but the bleeding has stopped already- Is this normal?? I'm obviously not complaining but just wondering if I should expect any more in the next week or so! Also, hubby and I would like to start ttc again straight away ( the doctor said to wait 3 months ). Not sure whether to take the docs advice or go with my feelings? Are there any risks to trying again straight away? I turn 35 in June so don't want to be leaving things too long!! xxx

Replies

• Hi Joesgirl, I read your post the other day but didnt reply as would be echoing the other girls and read it a day later.

Im really sorry to hear about your loss hun, I had erpc in early jan after finding out about mmc at our 12wk scan, I was booked in at epu for another scan a wk later but started to bleed very heavy & have contractions before then, so I was admitted passed bean then had scan & erpc. I only bleed the day I had erpc vry light when I came home it had stopped but I had bleed vry heavy for a week or so before & was in hosp for 4 days!!!

We was told different things about when to try again, I eventually spoke to my friends nurse at her fertility clinic & they said after 1 af is fine due to dating purposes, obviously as soon as you'll feel ready I dont think there is any medical reason why you cant start straight away & apparantly your much more fertile after erpc.

Hun the grief does ease with time have lots of cuddles & talk about how you feel. And I wish you lots of luck for when you try again xxxx
  • im same as that am 37 now.had erpc in dec didnt bleed hardly but still waited more because i was tired and emotional but got chem preg then but you will get there fact is you can get pregnant and that s already a huge step to getting there.ive just gone on a good multivit and folic acid and just try and be as happy as you can. you sound fine and hope you get good news very soon.xxxxx
  • Hi, so sorry for your loss. But so glad the erpc went ok. You may well bleed a bit more, but sounds like for you it could be in fits and starts.

I had a mmc in Jan, and we started ttc again after one af. I fell pg again during the 2nd month of retrying.

Waiting one af is advised for dating, but give yourself as much time as you need. xx

http://bd.lilypie.com/RSdkp1/.png

• I had an erpc in Feb after MMC at nearly 10 weeks and like you I had almost stopped bleeding by the end of that day. I had browny spotting on and off for a week until it went completely. My next period came 35 days after the erpc.

They didn't tell us to wait at all but said if I waited until I had one normal period it would help dating if I fell pregnant straight away.

My tummy felt sore for a few weeks and my hips hurt, I am presuming its where they put you in stirrups, so don't feel you have to rush back into it because you won't feel yourself for a little while physically as well as emotionally. I thought I was fine the day after then nearly collapsed in Morrisions so just give yourself time to recover.

3 months sounds like a long time but I have heard lots of people have been told the same thing so I don't really know what to say except your body won't get pregnant again until its ready so if you feel ready to start trying again soon then I would just check with your GP or something before just in case but I can't see how the advice can be so different from one hospital to the next!!
  • hi, I have the leaflet I was given after my ERPC last week, it says wait one AF before TTC, but I think if your boday and mind is ready then go for it. It's not uncommon to have an anovualtory cycle first anyway as things settle down.
    I thought my bleeding had stopped the day after, but it came back and I've still got bright red bleeding (7 days after), although it's only small amount and no clots, and they said I could bleed for 1-2 weeks so not worrying (although annoying as I want to you-know-what with my OH as he's been great!) One thing that's important if u don't know is to use sanitary towels and not tampons to reduce risk of infection and to go back to EPU if you pass clots or bleeding gets heavier.

Otherwise, I am thinking of you, and wish you all the best xx
  • Hi,
    I found out on May 1st that i had a missed miscarriage too so fully sympathise. I have heard differing opinions on how long to wait before ttc again. Just to repeat what the others have said, i was told to try again when ready.Apparently they would just like a period for dating purposes. I also read this in a lealet given by the hospital. I have found the last two and a half weeks unbearable but the thought that I can get pregnant after 8 years of trying is keeping me going. I am sending big hugs and here if you need a chat,

trin x x
  • Hey Joesgirl,

First i am so sorry for your loss and can understand your need to start ttc again. All i was told after my d and c was to wait for one af just to ensure that everything was, i guess, working ok! Though the doctor never said you have to wait, at least i don't think she did! I think it is up to you if you feel ready to ttc again then you must go with your feelings!
    I found that i bled sporadically after my d and c with some heavy bleeds and passed some clots but then also just spotting it took a while for it to finish completely!
    Hope that you are getting some rest and that you get a bfp soon!
    Love Rena x x