Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Going to have to join you guys :(

I was 9wks yesterday and found out i've had a MMC. Unfortunately it was not an official scan as i got one of the Dr's that i work with to do it (i'm a midwife) to put my mind at ease. I've felt there's been something wrong the whole time and just thought i was being paranoid and so asked to have a secret scan at work just so i could know there was a HB and then i'd stop wittling.

Unfortunately all my fears were confirmed-the baby was very small, there was no HB and the yolk sac was enlarged indicating a failing PG. I've had no bleeding but am now a bit in limbo. No one at work knows i'm PG and it wasn't an official scan so i feel a bit stuck.

My plan is to see the GP on Mon and get referred for another scan at a different hospital because i don't think i can go through it all in my place of work with people i work with. Then hopefully a plan can be made. I know my 3 options will be 1) wait until i spontaneously MC 2) Take tablet to induce a MC or 3) Have an ERPC. Can anyone give their opinions on these from personal experience?

I'm so devestated, you make so many plans in your head don't you? You know, like how PG you'll be on holiday or at such and such's wedding/christening/party etc, what it will be like when you start telling everybody (we had only told one person), the fact we'd have a baby this xmas. All those hopes/dreams are just taken away from you.
Sorry to sound so depressing, i just feel awful today-i still feel PG but i'm not going to get my baby. And it's bloody Mother's Day.....
xXx

Replies

• Im so sorry for your loss, you must be feeling awful, this is a very difficult time, and i know its a cliche but things do get better slowly, make sure to log on here and you will get lots of support from girls who know how your feeling.

The ectopic and mc support forum is also very good.

I know it is devestating to make plans, and think about the future and to have them taken away. :cry:

Please look after yourselfs, i hope you get all the help you need for your gp.

(((Hugs))) Gem x

• I'm so sorry to hear your news. It's so hard to realise what you are so wishing for is gone.

It's a good step to come on here, everyone is great.

I went for my 12 week scan on 29th Jan, and was found to have had a mmc at 9 weeks. It's horrible to realise you have still been having pg symptoms but your bean has gone.

I opted for the ERPC, the thought of passing the baby made me cry so much, I couldn't speak and my OH had to answer for me. I was so lucky to get it the same day. It was the right decision for me. It felt like it was over quicker, so I might move on quicker.

I have a picture of my bean, and I have bought a little teddy in rememberance of him/her. Also I have a cyber forget-me-mot on the mc website awareness. We have started ttc again, I waited for my first af.

I hope your GP is sympathetic and that you get some info from the girls on here of the other options. Take care. Hugs. xx
  • Hi. I'm a (non practising) midwife too-go onto miscarriage/Ectopic support and check out my post. Not going over it all again here-people will get sick of reading it! (((hugs)))