Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Not looking forward to next week :cry:

Hi ladies,
Just come on to ofload some things going on in my head! Hope u dont mind.
Not looking forward to weds at all as thats when my dating scan should have been :cry: and to really rub salt in the wound, the close friend of mine whose due around the same time I would have been is also having her dating scan. I really don't know how to react as at the moment I dont even want to speak to her as i'm feeling so jealous and upset that she is ok and i'm not. (I know that sounds really awful doesn't it?!) I want to be happy for her but I just can't seem to be able to. Does anyone else feel like this?? I have had such a rubbish day too! Been crying lots and I hate being emotional but at the moment I just haven't got the strength to get on with the day to day things, I hope this feeling subsides soon as it's really getting me down! :cry: Hubby is being amazing though and I don't think I would have got through the past week if it wasn't for him! He bought me a little china heart trinket box today with a little heart necklace inside and said it's something to have that represents our baby which I thought was really sweet! How's everyone else coping? I just want to wake up with all this having been a bad dream :cry:
Charlotte xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• I just wanted to let you know that most people here feel exactly the same as you, I think it is only natural to experience these kind of feelings, you are not wishing anything on those around you who are pregnant, but just thinking why cant I have what they have!!

I have a few friends who are expecting as although I am happy for them, my happiness is always tinged with sadness for me and hubby, I am always thinking, why them and not me........ it does sound awful, but it isn't, its just natural.

I just wouldn't get too hung up on how you are feeling, just feel what ever you want, dont hold back, you have to remember your hormones are all over the place too, which doesn't help. I found that some days I was fine and others I cried all day, but I promise you things do get better with time...... it never goes away, but it does get easier.

Hope you feel better soon x
  • Hi hun,

I had a bad week last week too. OH was working away and SIL gave birth and all his family have done is talk about it and post it on fb. I flipped last Monday and OH had to tell them to back off because I was finding it hard. Why people can't think before they act I'll never know! Now they think I'm some kind of spiteful bitch grrr!!

Everyone finds it difficult hun and it doesn't help that others are so insensitive, you're supposed to just paint a smile on and move on but its so much harder, especially when your reminded every day in one way or another.

Its ok to be sad and down. I started to worry about my own mental stability last week, but this week I feel abit better. There's no set of rules to guide us through this, just feel how you are feeling. Your friend should understand, especially given yours would have been the same day! If she doesn't just give yourself some space from her. You deserve compassion as much as she deserves everyones excitement. If only people could recognise that!

Hope you feel better soon
    Xx