Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Is anyone dreading Christmas or is it just me :(

Hello

I haven't really been on here for a while although have been keeping up with you ladies froma distance. I had a MMC at the end of May at 8 weeks and would have been due over the Christmas holidays. Despite our best efforts I am still not pg (it took a year the first time) and I am really worried about Christmas. To make it worse my SIL was due a few weeks before me and has salied through her pg so will have her new baby on Christmas day.

Even seeing decorations in a shop or thinking too much about what we might do over Christmas fills me with panic. and starts me crying I can't really avoid my OHs family but also cannot face the thought of it all either. It's not all down to SIL of course but it makes things seem worse. Unfortunately OH parents not well either so he will want to see them at xmas so only option is going or staying on my own....

Was anyone else due around xmas and feeling like me or am I just over-reacting?? :cry:

xx

Replies

• Sorry for duplication - laptop playing up! :roll:
  • Hey hun, like you I also am dreading xmas. I had my 2nd mc in April & would have been due the end of November, so would have had my baby for xmas. I thought I was dealing pretty well with it all but it seems not as well as I thought image

Am currently ttc again so fingers crossed that come December we will both have BFP's as well as all the other ladies that are ttc.

Take care of yourself babe, sending you lots of luck & babydust xxx
  • hey, i would've been due in feb but i too am dreading xmas cus it would've been so exciting with our impending arrival but now it's not going to be image now ttc for the 2nd time. x
  • Sounds like Christmas could be tough - I'm not looking forward to it either, I was due in April so had been imagining having a bump at Christmas and getting fussed over but instead my SIL is 4 weeks behind where we would have been. It's tough when there's someone so close to you who's baby is due so close to what you would have been, instead of being able to enjoy the time together it becomes a reminder of where you could have been (god that was a bit of a ramble!)

Definately don't think you're overreacting but hopefully it won't be as bad as we expect, xx
  • I know what you mean. I have no problems seeing my friends babies and my nephew but there is a friend of my sil who is due in same week in may I was. I can't bare to hear anything about her at all. I feel terrible about it as she's a nice girl and it's great her pregnancy isn't a disaster like mine but it's just too raw. I was expecting a nice bump by Xmas too.

Only thing keeping me going is that we can start ttc again in January x x
  • I really feel for you all. Debbie C I am sure if you talked to your OH about how you feel then you could go somewhere really nice where it is unlikely there will be too many kids (posh hotel etc.) and have a lovely Xmas just the 2 of you! His family really should sympathise with you and understand. You could catch up with them on Boxing Day??
    You and your OH could spend Xmas Day just as a couple and hopefully necxt Xmas will be very different for you

wish you all good luck in TTC....