Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Evidence that I have moved on..... But not forgotten!

Just wanted to tell my story, both me and my very good friend from work fell pg within a week of each other, she was so supportive of me following my mc and watching her grow was quite painful and a constant reminder of what I had lost. Last night I went to see her and her new baby daughter, she was beautiful, I loved holding her and had some lovely cuddles, I was amazed I didn't feel at all jealous or bitter, just so happy for her. It didn't even get me obsessed about ttc again, which I thought it would, I had a little moment when dh held her as I felt like I had let him down loosing our baby, but that passed. It just made me feel more positive that some day we will have our family, we are still ttc but enjoying a relaxed approach, I amazed myself I thought it would be a really difficult night, but it wasn't we had a lovely evening, still want my own bubba more than anything but am glad I have come to terms with everything and have moved on...... Clearly I will never forget that little bean more so as my edd approaches but I am looking forward to the future.

Just needed to share this ximage

Replies

• Well done hun, you got through something that is incredibly difficult and shoud feel very proud of yourself, loving the positive attitude too image
    xx
  • Well done you. Im sure your time will come and it will be worth the wait. Take Care xxxxx
  • Ah good for you sweets, I cannot imagine how hard that would have been! You will have your own family soon, lots of luck for your relaxed approach honey
    xxx
  • Hi hun,

It's great to hear that you're feeling more positive! I got that same feeling though when i saw OH hold his nephew for the first time. I felt terrible that he should have been looking forward to the birth of his baby!

But it will happen, you're right, and it will be so special when it does!

xx
  • Thanks guys for the replies, I really do feel different, it is like I have swallowed a relax pill!!!!! Before I knew it would be the end of the world if I didn't fall pg again straight away, now I just feel it will happen and doesn't really matter when! Probably because I am not tracking everything......

It is such a nice feeling to be living my life again, feel like I put everything else aside for the last six months and though about nothing else other than ttc, to a real obsessive point. Think dh is glad to have the normal me back to!!!!!!

Lady so sorry to hear about your bleeding, hope everything is fine, got everything crossed for you x