Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can you relate???

Is it just me, or did any of you ladies have relationship issues after your MC? I know its only been a week, but hubby and I are having a terrible time. I am so needy, I admit this. Not good when there are other kids about. As I am writing this I am thinking how silly I am being, but its causing major problems. DH and I went out for an hour tonight and I cracked because he txt 13yr old son to see if he wanted sweeties brought home. DH and I were talking about if we could handle trying again after MC at the time. Just now im upstairs alone, and DH is playing FIFA with his son downstairs. Im sorry this is not related to TTC, im just struggling just now and feeling very alone xx

Replies

• Options
    Ah pet - most people (including women - unless they've been through it) have no clue what you are going through - that coupled with the hormone changes too can create all kinds of feelings. Men simply do not understand as they never really relate to a pg early on as they cannot see it or feel it - it is hard for them to imagine. I have had so many ridiculous comments from people who have no clue and don't think before they open their mouths. I'm sure your dh just doesn't realise how hard this has affected you.

Maybe talk to dh about how you feel this evening and tell him you know you don't make sense to him but you just need him to be there for you right now and listen and try to understand no matter what. Hopefully he'll understand that much.

Good luck hun. Remember we're here for you. xx
  • Options
    i agree with bob, although your DH has lost too they just don't and won't understand the'r body hasn't been through it, and the emotional changes dealing with the pg in the first place too. Yuo've been through a lot you're bound to be up and down, give yourself some time and don't be too hard on yourself. xx
  • Options
    I felt exactly the same after my MC - I felt really clingly to DH. We decided to get away for a week so that it was "just us." It was hard when we got back because he had to go back to work and I had another week off. We then have the added problem that we both work different shifts so can be hard.

Keep the lines of communication open and remember you are only human
    xx
  • Options
    I can relate, I went through the clingy feeling aswell. Luckily my hubby was off work so could indulge me but he's back to work tomorrow. I think its normal to feel that way and like bob has said just try to explain to your hubby what you need, even if it may seem irrational.