Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2nd miscarriage

i had my first m/c on 7th July at 11 weeks pregnant then on Thursday 23rd October i had my 2nd - i was 5 weeks. can anyone tell me what i can do to have a successful pregnancy - i dont drink or smoke i could probably exercise more than i do some im starting back at the gym today - gonna make sure i go at least 3 times per week. is there anyone out there that has had any experience like mine?

do you think this is just bad luck or that something is wrong? xx

Replies

• Hi dlp01

I have had a very similar experience to you. On 16th July I lost my first baby at 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and then I had another mc on 18th October at nearly 5 weeks pregnant.

I have been to the EPU both times and this last time they said that they still don't have any concerns and think that it is 'just really bad luck'. I sure hope so as it is so worrying - one is bad enough, but to have another one with the next pregnancy really makes you scared.

It is apparently really common to have even 2 mc's in a row - hence why they don't start doing investigations unless you have 3 in a row with the same partner.

I also spoke to the MC association who verified that it is common to have 2 and that only 1% of women will go on to have 3 in a row - so fingers crossed it will be 3rd time lucky for us both.

It sounds like you are doing everything right - no smoking, no drinking etc. We have completely cut out caffine too and eat organic food and I take pregnacare and my husband takes zinc and selenium - but we were doing all of these both times we had a mc so sometimes these things happen regardless of doing everything you possibly can to make sure it goes well.

I know it is not easy to do but try not to worry about anything being wrong yet. I really hope you will have a sticky BFP soon.

If you ever want to chat I am always here to listen :\)

Take care, NN xx
  • thank you for replying NattyNik - i hope that the next pregnancy will go to term and give us the child that we so long for. sometimes life just seems so unfair - its not that i begrudge anyone its just when you look about and you see people having kids that they dont want and cant look after like the couple that were in the news last week where the dad broke the babies back - if life were fair people like this would not be able to have children let alone harm them in the ways that they do.
    i have read a lot over the weekend and it does seem that it is common to have 2 miscarriages so i can reason it out in my head but at the same time im still asking why us? We are good people and can provide for our child everything that it will need in every aspect. We have a good solid marriage with good jobs and are financially stable and so much love to give our own little baby.

Rant over - babydust to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • I know exactly what you mean. It isn't fair at all.

Like you say, people who abuse their children or get pregnant by accident seem to have no problem - and it's not fair at all. Life can be so cruel at times.

But hopefully we will all get the children we so desperately want really soon and they will be the luckiest children in the world with so much love and caring from their parents :\) Our time will come and we will appreciate it so much more for all that we've been through.

Take care, NN xxx
  • Hey there image
    I have experienced the same as both of you ladies june 2007 mmc at 11 weeks and then Nov 2007 mc at 5 weeks.
    Heartbreaking but as my consultant told me too...just very bad luck. It feels worse than that but hey.... we must stay positive.
    I don't drink or smoke and i have since given up caffiene and am taking vitamins (folic/zinc/selenium and multi vit) so fingers crossed. There is nothing else you can do hunny. Just try to think positively
    I wish you good luck
    love MZS
    x

[Modified by: mizzseahorse on October 28, 2008 02:14 PM]