Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How to cope after early mc / chem pregnancy

Hi,

After a sad day i have just been confirmed to have had an early mc, at 5 weeks, as started bleeding today after getting a BFP on Sat, to bleeding today.

How do i cope??? When can i try again, will i treat this as AF and ov 14 days from today.

Anyone know??? Also posted in TTC.

Thanks for any replies

Replies

• Hi Candy Girl

I have been following your story in ttc Im really sorry this has happened hun.

From my own experience I had a mmc in Jan at our 12 wk scan & found that af took ages to get back to normal, 2 months.
    I then had a very early mc in June probably about 5wks same as you it was like a really heavy AF as soon as the bleeding stopped we started casually ttc again & I conceived the following month very unexpectedly.

I treated it like a heavy af & think that I ov'ed same as usual that month as I wasnt that far into the pg but it's up to how you feel as to when you decide.

Everyone across the forums are very supportive so were always here whenever your feeling down hun.

Lots of hugs to you xxxx
  • Hi Candy_girl,

I replied to your post in 'trying for a baby'. Just wanted to say hi and that the girls in here are great and have always been supportive.

Sending you huge ((((( hugs )))))
  • Thanks both of you for your kind words and support, i honestly didnt realise how damn difficult this would be. I never thought for one minute it would be a walk in the park (as so to speak) but on Sat was SO excited two tests inc a CBD come back as positive then Sun pm had AF type pains then today wham the bleeding begins.

Tons of baby dust and sticky beans required
  • Thanks both of you for your kind words and support, i honestly didnt realise how damn difficult this would be. I never thought for one minute it would be a walk in the park (as so to speak) but on Sat was SO excited two tests inc a CBD come back as positive then Sun pm had AF type pains then today wham the bleeding begins.

Tons of baby dust and sticky beans required
  • Just replied in ttc. I am in the same position, had mc on thursday at 5+1. We were so ecstatic for the short time we knew and if anything this has brought us closer together and even more determined to get our bfp x x
  • It is hard hun but you will find the strength from somewere to carry on & the days you feel you have none I find the girls here great to lean on for support.

I agree with you L&N on ttc said to me once that we never realise that it can be so difficult we spend half our lives trying not to get pg & then when we want it so badly some of us can have all the odds thrown at us!!

You spend this time letting yourself greive & having lots of cuddles with your oh & I think everyone would agree with me here when I say time is the greatest healer.

xxxx
  • Hi Candy_Girl, I'm sorry for your loss. Back in June I suffered a chemical at the same point as you, in terms of coping I found my DH to be the best support don't be afraid to talk about it with him (or anyone else) and let your emotions out. We started TTC straight away but didn't fall until the 2nd cycle after - unfortunately this eneded in a MC. I hope you feel stronger soon and you next lil bean is a sticky one xx
  • Hi Candy Girl, sorry for your loss. I had a mc at about 5+4 two weeks ago and it is completely heart wrenching. Have a good cry with OH and put your feet up and do what ever you need to (I had to go back to work, to take my mind of it).

There is a positive to come out of this - you can conceive. I don't like how long you've been trying, but for me I found this really important and a comfort.

I only bled a little bit, but got proper AF a week later... so now on CD 6 and for me I want to get back on TTC, for others they like to wait a while until they feel ready, I think you just have to go with how you feel.

Take care, we're all here for you
  • Hi Candy Girl really sorry for your loss, I think the girls have already said everything I would say, I had an early mc back in March and we were just devastated! we coped by focusing on TTC again, and thats what keot me going, hope you are both doing ok, talking about it has really helped too, sending lots of PMA for when you feel ready love Luc xxx
  • HI Luc,
    Thanks for replying, have u managed to concieve as of yet?? I am wondering how long it will now take me to concieve after the blood stops.
    Trying to find my PMA, i seem to have mis-layed it. x
  • HI Luc,
    Thanks for replying, have u managed to concieve as of yet?? I am wondering how long it will now take me to concieve after the blood stops.
    Trying to find my PMA, i seem to have mis-layed it. x