Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Don't feel like I'm really over it...

Hi guys,

Feeling a bit low today. Had an mmc in November - it was my 1st pregnancy and I lost it at just over 10 weeks, although baby died at around 4-5 weeks. Since we lost our baby I thought that the only way I could feel better about it was to get pregnant again. Well I'm 5+5 today and obviously thrilled that we managed to get pregnant again, but I still think about my other baby a lot. I'm also terrified that it'll happen again. I keep thinking that I should be nearly 30 weeks by now and I should be meeting my baby soon. Is anyone else struggling to move on or is it just me?

Jo x x

Replies

• hi
    i know how you feel i had a MMC last year aswell i found out our baby died at about 6/7 weeks but i found out at my 12 week scan. i keep thinking every now and then then i shud be huge by now and i wiuld have my pushchair etc and no the sex of my baby i would of been due the 15th of june. 8 days b4 my 21st birthday.
    i am very scared now im coming up to 6 weeks as this is when i lost baby last time.
    i think i have moved on but i will never forget my lil baby, i think about them all the time.
    its natural.
    take care hun and dont let it upset you 2 much we will never forget them but we need to keep calm for the ones we have at the moment.

xxxxxxx

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker2/FF00CC/330000/My%20pregnancy/11/18/2010.png

Make a pregnancy ticker
  • Hi Jo

I think the way you feel is completley normal hun. We move on with our lifes cause we have to eventually try & resume to our normal daily activities but you never forget your lo. Of course there will be milestones to pass as well that will remind you of your loss.

I know alot of the girls here no matter how far down the line they are in new pg's have felt the same & as we have that natural motherly instinct so of course we will worry infact I think from here on we will do nothing but worry about our lo's.

Will you get an early scan to give you some reassurance for this pg xxx
  • Hi Jo, like the other girls have said it is perfectly normal to feel like this I am just over 31 weeks and Im still petrified every day that something might go wrong...really hope this is a super super sticky bean this time Love Luc xxx
  • Luc, Cant beleive you just over 31 weeks wow were does the time go!! xx
  • You are definately not alone in feeling like this - for what it's worth I don't think it means you're not over the MMC just that you're human and still upset.

I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and loving being pregnant, having bump etc but I do still have sad days for my lost little beans. My first due date would have been the end of February and I found myself being really ratty that week, not sure how I'll cope when the 2nd comes round in April.

I found the early weeks hard especially up to the 12 week scan but it does get easier to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

(((hugs))) and sticky dust to you xx
  • Thanks for all your replies lovely ladies. Feeling a bit better about it all now. It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling like this.

I'm hoping to be able to organise an early scan for when I'm 8 weeks. My GP has told me to contact EPU when I'm 6 weeks which will be on Thursday. Hoping I'll feel better after that xxxx