Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A year today I had my miscarriage

Hi, I don't know why I am posting really - I don't want to tell anyone around me how I am feeling today. Only my hubby has realised it is the anniversary of our missed miscarriage and the worst week of our lives :cry: I am trying not to think about it too much as I am now 34weeks pregnant and I don't want the upset/stress to affect this baby (my son was born at 37 weeks and I worry this one could come earlier).
I am so happy and excited about this pregnancy but it is so hard to grieve for another baby.
Sorry - pointless post just needed to tell someone I am feeling a bit low and confused today.

Replies

• Options
    i know how you are feeling i dont like talking about it to other people as they dont really understand. Tomorrow im going to my friends little boys birthday he is one and was due 6 weeks before i was due with the last baby i lost. But my little boy keeps me going and so far so good with the pregnancy but it does make you wonder about the other babies. Its only normal to grieve for your lost one dont feel guilty about it.
    xxxxxx
    lelly
  • Options
    Aww hun it's not a pointless post at all. We all have milestones that we dread. Loosing a baby is something that I think you carry with you forever, although over time it gets easier to deal with. My mum still thinks about the baby she lost, but she says that it is more with a fond sadness for what could have been, rather than the intense grief like she used to feel.

I'm not keen on talking about it with other people either. There are a couple of friends (and my mum) who I feel I can open up to, but other than that it just feels awkward. Hubby tends not to remember sad stuff like this though so I don't share with him alot - it's just the way he deals with things.

Big hug xxSara