Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling sick 4 weeks after miscarriage

Hi everyone,

I'd love some advice. Unfortunately I miscarried 4 weeks ago (I was 9 weeks pregnant).

Bleeding, then spotting, has continued since then. I think I have my period now (I say think, because I've had spotting / bleeding for 4 weeks, so it feels like it'll never end!!!!).

My question is - when I was pregnant, I had very few symptoms (and no morning sickness). I've felt sick most mornings since the miscarriage - I start to feel a bit better around lunch-time. Is it common to feel ongoing nausea AFTER a miscarriage? What with that and the spotting (and hopefully now my period), I'm one depressed little bunny at the moment. My partner is very supportive, but somedays I want to curl up and cry, it's so depressing. :cry:

We had unprotected sex 10 days after the miscarriage, but as I have period-like bleeding now, I'm sure I'm not pregnant again.

Thanks in advance for any advice re the nausea image

[Modified by: ChristyM on 21 July 2009 06:46:27 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi Christy

sorry to hear of your loss honey x

as far as the nausea goes, I had my MC at 6 weeks so didnt really have any symptoms. As far as I am aware, the hormones are still in your body after your MC, but constantly decreasing. I dont think you should be feeling worse with time.

I know that I ovulated about 7-10 days after my MC, and so it is possible that you could be pregnant again. have you done any tests since your MC to confirm that they were coming back negative?

• Options
    Hi Christy

I am so sorry to read about your loss.

I've had 3 previous mc's and I remember feeling pretty ill after all of them. I think it was a combination of anxiety/upset and the dropping hormones. Also your body is trying hard to get back to normal and all your 'usual' hormones start flying around again too. I felt particularly sick for weeks after my 3rd mc.

After my first loss I bled for many weeks so understand what you mean about it feeling like it's neverending. I really hope things get back to normal for you soon and your next BFP is a super sticky one for you.

(((((hugs))))))

Love NN xxx
  • Options
    Thanks a million for your advice and support.

Hopefully I'll be back on one of the pregnancy chat rooms soon :\)