Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in April 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

dwp maternity allowance delays

hi ya i was just wondering if anyone has been experiencing problems and delays with making a claim? x

Replies

• Hiya mine went thru very quickly actually, I submitted my claim as soon as I was 26 weeks gone, I last signed on at 28/29 weeks by which time I'd already had a letter and a text from dwp to say they couldn't pay me till jsa claim was closed, I then got all my wage slips back with a letter detailing my payments and got my first payment when i was 31 weeks. Very surprised at how quick it was sorted. Just waiting for new tax year to get my tax rebate now! X

• hi ladies please help!!

as youve sorted im hoping you can help as job center couldnt.

im just about to fill in all my mat forms a little later than id hoped ive not got my smp1 back from work yet. i only got my mat b1 last week and my managers been off sick. im already nearly 28 weeks so at this rate ill be paid after seren is born!!

my question is this ive had 3 different jobs in the my test period how do i choose the weeks i want?? two of the jobs i had were full time one part time but on one month i worked full time at my part time job!! im so confused

• Use the weeks u earnt the most hun, doesn't matter if they're different employers (I was working 2 jobs at one point so sent wage slips in for both) and they don't have to b consecutive weeks as long as they're in ur test period. The more u can prove you've earnt the more u get, I get full whack beats shitty 70 quid a week jsa x

• thanks LH im so glad you are still posting on here!! hows you new addition getting on??

• She's beautiful thanks, very hard work and very demanding but so worth it. Can't believe she's 5 weeks old already x

• that is a super cute pic!!!!! i cant wait for my bundle!!!

• lovely pic! image

just one question, i worked whole test period time, earned about 1200 month, do you think this Will ok to get allowance? x x
  • Yeah u will piss it chick. I earnt around 700 a month n qualified for full rate which is just shy of 274 every 2 weeks for this tax year, it may change in April x