Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in August 2014

how is everyone doing?

Replies

• Allie your symptoms sound promising, fingers crossed that you don't need to be induced x

Looby was your 1st early? Sounds like you could be in pre labour, how exciting. My pgp has been so much better this ppregnancy, think its due to only gaining 9lb so far.

I think I may be last to pop by the sounds of things lol I have my sweep booked for next weds, hopefully that will get things going x

• Yep ILMG those symptoms were very promising! Abigail Martha was born at 13.50 yesterday weighing 8lb 1oz! Labour longer than my first but pushing a lot shorter! She is gorgeous and both doing well. Will try to work out how to post a pic when we get home x
  • Omg allie congratulations, a little girl. I bet your all made up. So happy for you.

Just me and you to go looby x

• Huge congratulations Allie!!! A little girly for you image enjoy those newborn cuddles.

Im not getting any other signs that labour is imminent, so think I'll be here until my due date ILMG! Xxx.

• Congrats hun! X

• Thank you. Very happy. Got home at 5 and all going well. My DS is being amazing and keeps giving her kisses and cuddles! X
  • Allie I bet its so nice to be home all together. Hope your feeling well after the birth. 

Looby I have a feeling im here for a while yet, I have no signs at all that labour is going to happen. Sorry  tmi but I don't even have loads of discharge that I usally have just before labour. I really hope I don't end up getting induced x

• Thank you. Feeling well so far. Just on paracetamol for after pains. She is a reluctant feeder and also quite sicky! My husband bought her downstairs for 2 hours so I could sleep and I have just sent him up to sleep now.

I had no symptoms other than a very small bit of plug on Monday and then woke up on Tuesday had lost a bit more and then labour started.

• Thats reassuring to know allie. You would think after having 3 I would be more educated on what to expect just before labour lol my nesting is in full force, my house is so clean x

• Hopefully your nesting is a good sign ILMG! Been to mw this afternoon, hoping that's my last visit! I'm booked in a week on Wednesday for a sweep when I'll be 40+4.

I keep getting tightenings but it's not developing into anything... Have been getting quite a bit of cm (sorry for tmi)  but no show yet.

How was your first weekend as a family of 4 Allie? It is reassuring that you didn't get many signs before going into labour.

My brother's wedding was good, I was really happy to get home yesterday though. So tired and achey today from all the travelling. 

Xxx.

• Glad the wedding went well.

Am loving being a family of four and everything going well. Weekend was really good and actually quite relaxed!

• Loopy glad you made it back from the wedding ok. How are you feeling? Anything happening? 

Allie glad your little girl is settling in well and you had a relaxing weekend. 

So im 39w 6d and im miserable. Sunday afternoon/evening I started to get camps 7 mins apart, had bloody show and the poos cramps got down to 3 half mins but not overly painful then just stopped. Then last night woke up to contrations 5 mins apart, over 2 hours they got more painful but not closer and then started to tell off. I still keep having the odd contration now but nothing at all regular. Im so tired from being up all night. I have my sweep booked for tomorrow, I really hope it works x

• Oh no! Sorry to hear they have slowed down. Fingers crossed your sweep gets things started x
  • Oh no, sorry it keeps slowing down so much, but sounds like it shouldn't be much longer for you. Will keep everything crossed you have your little girly soon!

Nothing at all happening for me, still very achey and tired but think that's just down to being 39 weeks pregnant... hope she comes soon.

xxx.

• Been having contrations over the last couple of hours, fingers crossed that this is the real thing this time x

• Good luck ILMG!! Hope this is it for you xxx.

• Good luck. Hope everything goes well x
  • Thanks ladies, contrations are about 5 1/2 mins apart and lasting about 45 seconds. I really hope I get to meet my baby girl soon x

• My baby girl arrived this morning at 4.48am (her due date) weighing 6lb 10oz. Labour went amazing and she is breastfeeding like a pro already. Loopy I hope to see your ba soon x

• Awww yay huge congratulations ILMG!!  That's a good weight after all the extra scans image  Glad  the bf'ing is going well. Have you chosen a name? Xxx.