Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in August 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how is everyone doing?

Replies

• Allie wow that's amazing, is she breastfeed? Shaya has started going 2.5 hours between feeds and I was impressed with that lol x

• Yes she is breastfed so last night she had her first expressed milk in bottles. Her first feed was 8oz!!!! My husband was so worried he would run out of milk even though think I had given him 24oz!! X
  • Do you exspress regularly? I think I might start building up a supply in the next couple of weeks. It would be amazing to get one full night of sleep x

• Started expressing regularly last week. Hoping to build up a stock! Was amazing to get a full nights sleep. It's my husbands turn tonight so hoping she behaves as well as she did last night x
  • Thanks lovelies. I can't believe Annabelle has been here for 10 days already! Time is flying. She's feeding like a milk monster, it's pretty constant through the day, and then she cluster feeds 10pm-1am then sleeps until 5ish, then will go back down for another few hours. At least I'm getting the 4ish hours in one go. My dd1 wakes around 6 so don't get much afyer the second feed. Hubs is going back to work tomorrow, don't feel ready for that at all... DD1 has coped relatively well, she's been great with annabelle but not so great with me and hubs. It does seem to be calming down, but think we might go backwards when I'm back on my own. 

ILMG which wrap did you get? I have a close caboo, but annabelle isn't keen yet.  Have you started expressing? I hope you've had a bit more sleep now. I'm not sure how you manage with 4 lo's, I'm exhausted with just 2! How have your older 3 taken to shaya?

Allie hope you've managed to get some sleep too. How has your ds taken to being a big brother?

xxx.

• Glad all going well. Good luck for tomorrow.

Sleep up and down still. My ds taken really well to being a big brother and has been really good

• Took Abigail to my hometown for the first time at the weekend to introduce her to family. Was so so lovely.

We have been having her sleep downstairs with my husband and then he brings her upstairs about 1. We put her in her crib upstairs at 9 tonight and she woke at 2! Think may have been fluke though! X
  • Looby good luck for today, im sure you will be fine. As much as I love having hubby home its easier to get into a routine without him here. My 3 girls have taken to shaya great but I think thats because they have each other when im busy with the baby. Wow 4 hours sleep already thats great. I have a stretchy wrap not sure on make but cost about £50, shaya seems to like it and its so comfy on my back. 

Allie glad you had a good weekend with the family. Hopefully the 5 hours sleep continues and wasn't a fluke. 

Feeding here is still constant and makes school runs ect hard work but the sling is a god send as its the only other place other than the boob that she likes to be. Night Time wise she is still having about 4 night feeds. I still haven't managed to exspress and milk yet as im just so busy x

• How is everyone? Have my fasting blood test today to check don't still have diabetes.

Had 6 week check on Tuesday. All good and Abigail now weighs 10lb 5.

All going well here. Sleep not too bad. Usually goes from 10-2/3. Only thing is she won't sleep in her Moses basket during the day! Just can't put her down!

• How is everyone now? All settling down again I hope!

Allie, Annabelle does similar at night, but also won't go into her Moses basket in the day. I'm enjoying havin her sleeping on me still though, well on me or in the carrier. I love these little baby snuggles.

Annabelle has got baby acne, dd1 didn't have it, so wondered what it was at first. She still has a lot of her dark hair, which is strange because the only person with dark hair is my hubs oldest brother.

ILMG, how is the feeding going now? Has it settled down at all? I hope so. We're feeding roughly every 60-90 minutes through the day. I had mastitis last week in both boobs which was horrible!

hope everyone is well. Xxx.

• Good to hear from you. Abigail is doing really well. Still won't sleep in the basket. Really need to try out my baby carriers!!

She has lots of dark hair too! It's very odd as my son was born bald!

Hv recommended Apeeno cream for dry skin and my friend said good for acne too. Abigail has both on her face so will try it

Hope your mastitis is better now

• Hi glad to hear that your babies are doing well. 

So shaya has a lip and tongue tie which made breastfeeding impossible so has been on formula for 3 weeks and is getting on great apart from the lip and tongue tie makes her feed very slowly and extremely windy. The last 2 nights she has gone 7 till 2.30 so very happy with that x

• How are you both doing? We're doing well. Abigail was sleeping 6-7 hours but now down to 4 hours!! Still feeding well. She was weighed a few weeks ago and think she was 11lb 10oz. She is following her line nicely x
  • Hi ladies!

how is everyone doing? I had mastitis again 2 weeks after the first one, and have had 2 more blocked ducts since so I started taking lecithin to try and help, and havent had any since (hope I haven't jinxed myself!)

Bella is sleeping really well, she goes down at around 10 (she's still cluster feeding until then) but then only wakes at 3 and then again at around 6.30. That's so much better than dd1!! She's stikl refusing any type of bottle, which doesn't bother me one bit, but hubs would like to feed her some keep trying.

ILMG, ouch to the lip and tongue tie, that can't have been comfortable for you feeding.

Allie, I haven't had Bella weighed in weeks, bIt she was 9lb 14oz on 10th October, and from looking at her she's got to be over 14lbs now at 10 weeks. That's rubbish about Abigail's sleep, hope she gets back to the 6-7 hours soon.

I can't believe how fast time is going now, she's getting so big!

What are you getting your girls for Christmas? We're not getting much, a couple of soft activity toys and a ball pool. We've told everyone else clothes or money.

xxx.

• Hi. Glad all is going well. Abigail went back to sleeping well but then last week me and my husband had to go back to sleeping in shifts as wouldn't settle! Think she was teething. Last two nights she has gone 4-5 hours so much better. Again not going to sleep until about 10 as cluster feeding. She can be a bit hit and miss on bottles. They have to be really warm.

Getting Abigail things for her bedroom, laugh and learn toys and a walker. May get her some Sophie the giraffe cubes too. Will definitely suggest clothes if anyone asks.

She was 12lb 12 2 weeks ago.

So scary how big they are getting. The Moses basket is going next week! Will be very sad!!

• Morning, lovely August baby folks!

Apols for hijacking your thread for a moment but we just thought we'd warn you that BX is about to go offline for a few hours – while we twiddle with all the cogs and wires and join up BX with MadeForMums (hopefully, you've all had an email telling you all about our plans?)

We'll be back at the end of the day - see you on the other side!

• We had a breakthrough with the bottles! I bought a new one on Wednesday (a nuby one) and she's taken expressed milk from it twice now, but it has to be quite warm.

Bella's still in her Moses, I'm hoping to keep her there until christmas! She'll go into the travel cot for a bit before she goes into her own room though. I'm really not ready for that, time is going much too fast now.

I can't believe Abigail is teething already, poor little thing! I hope they come through quickly for you all.

MiL has bought Bella a baby walker this week. it might stay at her house for when we visit haha! We're running out of space.

xxx.

• How is everybody doing? All ready for Christmas? I am! May have gone a bit overboard for Abigail!!

Just noticed there is a group for due in August 2015! Wish they had set one up as quick last year! Can't believe just over a year since found out pregnant!

Abigail is fine. Sleeping still not great! Went to Center Parcs last week and she loved swimming.

Have a lovely Christmas

x

• Hi allie, 

sorry i didnt get get a notification you'd posted and don't check back hete much anymore (obviously!!)

How is is abigail now? Annabelle is trying very hard to crawl and cut her first tooth this weekend. She keeps biting me while I'm feeding her now though-ouch! 

We're off to Euro Disney in May, can't wait! I hope dd1 likes the characters more this time, she screamed at them all last time...

cant believe we were in our second trimesters this time last year, it's gone so fast.

xxxx.

• Hi. No worries. Yes doing well. Not getting much sleep though and still no routine with naps. She won't usually sleep in cot im the day. She will have formula at night from my husband but not from me in the day. She is also very clingy. We had her Welcome to the World meal on Saturday and think she lasted on average two minutes with anyone else! We went to the Harry Potter Studios Tour yesterday and took her as knew she wouldn't like being left!

She is also very close to crawling. Just can't move arms!! She almost planks!!

Have just noticed that her first tooth has cut through! So hoping she doesn't bite me!

We have done baby-led weaning but not eating that much yet!

Yes can't believe how quickly it has gone!!! 

x