Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in August 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how is everyone doing?

Replies

• hi ladies, hadn't thought about raspberry leaf, I took capsules last time from about 36 weeks, is it ok from 34?  I love my girls, sounds like you didn't have to wait too long for both your girls, between 39 and 40 weeks not too bad as you don't have to go past the dreaded due date! I went 3 days past last time, each one a killer! going 14 days over must be awful! am getting more bigger visible movements and lots of Braxton hicks. one more week at work and counting x

• Alfie im on number 4 I have 3 girls already. My midwife told me I can start raspberry leaf and evening primrose at 34 weeks and slowly increase. 

Allie bet you can't wait to finish work. 

Loopy hows the kitchen coming along?

I had my 34 week midwife appointment today and baby wss measuring 29 cm so had to go to the hospital for a scan. Baby is doing great, a little bit small but nothing too worry about. Also she is now 4 / 5th engaged,  no wonder im weeing every 5 mins lol x

• Glad scan OK.

Yes can't wait! Had concert at work last night and didn't get home until 11!! Exhausted!!

Hope everybody else is well

• Went to look at midwife unit yesterday. Has recently been refurbished. Was lovely but definitely makes it feel more real!!! X
  • hi ladies I finished work yesterday! got 4 weeks holiday before mat leave - doesn't feel real yet, Allie im hoping for stand alone midwife unit this time. had a long labour last time and hugely panicked, this time ive been going to yoga and really hoping to be blessed with calm (and a little bit of luck - would like it to be fast if possible, lol).x

• Hello ladies!

i have some raspberry leaf capsules. My mw told me to take 1 a day from 36 weeks, 2 a day from 38 weeks and then 3 a day at 40 weeks.

ILMG hope you're enjoying the new bed image glad your scan was ok And whoop to being 4/5 engaged. Hopefully that means she won't keep you waiting toI much longer.

allie, eeek at looking at the delivery suite. Our hospital was re-built about 3 years ago so still feels relatively new after living with the old rubbish one for so long! I'm hoping that the pool room will be free for me like last time!

alfie, my little girl is 2y4m now, and a real handful at times! But she's so funny and cute I forgive her haha. I'm jealous of your mum doing your bag! I still haven't done my dd's overnight bag.

I'm back at mw on Monday, so will see what measurement I get this time. Got to have my iron levels checked again. My hands and feet are pretty swollen with the heat, I can still wear my wedding ring for now, but I've had to take my engagement ring off. And I'm living in flip flops. Pregnancy is so glamorous for me haha.

kitchen is almost finished at last, just waiting on the granite coming then the hob, extractor fan and sink can be fitted. Decorator is coming Wednesday to finish painting in there and dd's room then we can start to chill out for a couple of weeks. It's sil-to-be's hen do on Friday, and then my friends over the weekend (we're off to center parcs for the weekend, kids included) and hubs is on the grooms stag do too. Will definitely feel better once he's back home and close by just in case. Our friends are due 2 weeks before us and she's been getting tightenings all this week so we'll be on definite baby watch with her whole we're at cp!

where abouts are you all? Im near Nottingham.

hope you're all enjoying your weekends xxx.

• Glad your kitchen is nearly done. My husband has done all painting that needed to be done. Just have little jobs to do.

Have consultant and diabetic midwife appts this week. Hope haven't developed gestational diabetes or can't go to midwife unit.

My first labour was quick so worried how quick this one will be!!

• Oh and so glad you have finished work Alfie! I still have a week and half to go!!

• Oh and I am in Didcot in Oxfordshire. Am originally from Burton in Staffordshire.

• Allie glad you like the look of the midwife birth centre. Im so jealous I really wanted to go to a birth centre but because of pervious blood loss im seen as high risk. But im allowed to birth in the pool this time which im really excited about. Good luck at the consultant and midwife this week.

Alfie do you have much planned for your time off? My first labour was very long 42 hours and then my 2nd I was only in hospital for 2h 45 mins before having her so fingers crossed this one will be quicker for you. 

Looby good luck at the midwife today, fingers crossed baby is measuring ok. Sounds like you have a busy couple of weeks ahead. Im from Hampshire. 

All ok with me. baby is so active at the moment, feels like I have a octopus in there most of the time lol its getting so close to August, I wonder who will pop first x

• Had consultant appt yesterday who told me that I do have gestational diabetes, despite others telling me I don't! She said would be induced on my due date and if want into labour naturally then couldn't go to midwife unit. Got very upset as have been told different things. She didn't even have my blood monitoring results. Now going back on Monday for them to review everything and decide what is best. Did have growth scan and estimated weight is 6lb 1 x
  • Allie hope your ok? Fingers crossed that you go into labour before your due date. 6lb 1oz is that now or at 40 weeks? X

• That's now so bang on average. Thank you. Just so annoyed that have been told so many different things. Don't particularly mind not going to midwife unit but wish been told sooner. The consultant yesterday only said what she said based on my gtt so no idea what the point of me doing blood monitoring was! And seriously the next person who says I have to do what is best for me and baby is going to get screamed at!! The trouble is nobody has really explained anything so no idea what that really is! X
  • Oh no to the diabetes Allie, and that you go into labour naturally. I can understand you being frustrated at not being told sooner, i would be too. Yay to your hubby having all the jobs done around your house!

ILMG, im with you on feeling like there's an octopus in there, she's having a little disco every day now, it's crazy. 

Im so tired now, haven't been sleeping very well with the heat and bump, and my dd has properly dropped her naps, and she has nonconcept of what quiet time means, so not much reating going on. My mum had the last 2 days off work with us so that was nice. I keep getting palpitations too, anyone else? I mentioned it to mw and I got them last time so not worried, just uncomfortable. Hubs is away on our friends stag weekend this weekend and I'm off out on my brothers fiancé's hen night tonight, and then heading into center parcs for the weekend for my friends hen weekend tomorrow. Luckily i managed to get us both packed yesterday whilst mum was here, so today I only have to get ready for tonight, but I have zero energy for that this afternoon! Wish me luck haha, think I'm going to be exhausted by Monday.

hope you all have a lovely weekend xxx.

• That sounds lovely Looby. Have a lovely weekend. We are off to my hometown today to see family. Will be last time before baby is here!!

Hot weather really annoying me now! Although just got up because can't sleep because of the rain!!!

Hope everybody has a lovely weekend

• Allie I can totally understand why you would be annoyed that no one told you. Are you on a special diet?

Looby how was your weekend? You must be so tired today.

Nothing new with me, so excited to hit 36 weeks on Wednesday. I cant believe our little babies are going to be here soon x

• Going to be induced on 16th so two days after due date. Meant to be on a special diet but not really strict with it but also not affecting my levels! Feeling bit better about it as the consultant was so nice and really apologetic x
  • Allie how exciting that you have an induction date! It must feel so real now x

• It does! But by no means ready! Think will feel a bit more ready after the weekend when got bits sorted out! X
  • So exciting to have your induction date Allie! How was your weekend with family? Hope you had a nice time. Your induction date is the day of my bro's wedding, still not sure if we're going to be making the journey yet.

ILMG happy 36 weeks today! our babies are getting so close now! I have an app on the iPad that says they're rapidly gaining weight now, my thought when I read it was "oh sh*t" because she surely can't grow much bigger, I'm like a beaches whale in bed and on the sofa hahaha!

its my last day of work today. I'm glad to be finishing and as dd will be going to nursery still 2 days a week I'll be able to get a bit of rest hopefully. I am a bit more apprehensive this time around, I remember how hard and lonely it can get at home with a newborn, but I suppose this time I have my dd to amuse too, so it shouldn't be as lonely at least. The groups here are a bit rubbish, but will have to make more of an effort to get to them.

xxx.