Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in January 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

still-worried-something-will-go-wrong

Just wanted to get my feelings out as deep down im still so scared something will go wrong with my pregnancy. I am nearly 20 weeks now, have my scan next week, but had a private scan three weeks ago and found out im having a little boy. I cant help but worry about every ache, niggle and pain i feel and worry something is wrong. I miscarried last year and i fear having to ever go through that again, even though it happened early on in the pregnancy. I assume all the aches are normal as things are moving and growing but still cant help but worry. Can anyone offer some reassurance?? thankyou in advance x

Replies

• awww bless u babe, I feel the same and it this is my 2nd and haven't experienced a loss before so I know it must be real hard for u but it is normal to feel achey chick. If I ever feel worried I get my doppler out. Just wait till u start feeling baby move and kick properly then u will b reassured. Everything's gonna b fine image  just enjoy it cuz it goes so quickly x

• Thanks hun, been listening to hb this morning and sounds good. Am just feeling an achey feeling low down, like an awareness of my 'parts'. Its not painful but slightly tender if pressed. Does that all sound normal? Im thinking of phoning midwife just incase infection or something. Every little thing worries me. I cant picture everything actually going well as im so worried somethings not right. Think im just having a few down days. Thankyou for your kind words x

• if it puts ur mind at ease then call her chick to rule an infection out x

• Midwife says all normal and baby is growing quick which my body is trying to accomodate. Just wish i could relax more x

•  

Unfortunately u probably won't! nows the best time when baby is inside and u can protect them. When they're out in the world you can't anymore n it gets harder as they get older! I always said the day I fell pregnant I started worrying n ill never ever stop. It's part of bein a good parent I guess x

• I know youre right. thankyou though, certainly helps to know its not just me! Hows everything going with you? You still thinking its a boy??x

• Hoping so! Still getting loads of boy guesses based on my scan pic n the way I'm carrying and how I'm feeling. But tbf I'm really starting to worry bout hiw early I might go in to labour so just a healthy baby will do me! Wud b soooooooooooooo over the moon if I heard blue on 31st tho x

• Keeping fingers crossed for you. Will the hospital monitor you with regards to preterm labour? Os there something they can do now to ensure everything goes smoothly? Only a couple of weeks until your scan now, How many weeks are you now.?x

• 15 tomoz yeah I go for internals every 2 weeks from 17 weeks to about 34 weeks n think there's a blood test they can do to check for a hormone that is in your blood in high quantities if your gonna go early. Think if cervix reaches 2.5cm or less they'll stitch it up and maybe start steroid injections. Any time after Xmas or new year is fine with me! X

• Ahh keeping everything crossed for you! Im sure bubs will get nice and comfy in there x