Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in July 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pelvic girdle pain

Hi can anyone help? Iv recently been experiencing severe pelvic girdle pain at 25 weeks and its affecting my everyday life! The pain can get quite bad and im hoping sonmone out there might have some tips to alleviate sone of the pain, thanks image

Replies

• Sorry gatecrashing from due in August. This is baby number 4 for me and I have suffered from pgp every time. The only thing that really helps is physio and a bump support belt and a hot water bottle. Its recommend to walk up the stairs one foot at a time, get in and out of bed/car with knees together, avoid hoovering and sweeping and never carry anything on your hips. Night Time is the worst for me and I sleep half sat up with pillows all around me as laying on my sides for too long is really painful x

• Defo get yourself to physio. I had this with my first pregnancy and I did nothing about it. By 34 weeks I couldn't walk and the waiting list for physio was too long so they refused to see me as I was too close to my due date.  This time round I am nearly 25 weeks and no sign of it so far but if it happens again I will be getting all the help I can get as it is very painful .