Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is anyone else struggling?

Hi,

I'm sorry but this is likely going to be a moaning session. image

As if like clockwork my morning sickness has really kicked in bang on hitting 6 weeks.  I wake up feeling travle sick, dizzy, metallic taste, hungry but smells and the thought of food put me off eating.  It's as though I am permanently flu-like or having a 24 hour bug.  Works is becoming so difficult because of course nobody knows and yet I feel its got to be obvious as I look grey and am definitely slower and snappier.  I am trying to accept cups of tea and then secretly letting them go cold and ditching them so nobody notices.

I havent actually been sick, its just severe nausea and I almost 'hope' to be sick in case it would relieve it for a bit.  Eating little and often does help but if I haven't eaten for a while it is hard to stomach anything.  So first thing in the morning is awful.  I guess I need to resort to taking crackers to bed ready to eat before I move. image

This morning getting my Son up and dressed was so hard.  My head was spinning and I kept having the waves.  

Is anyone else feeling the same?  Just want it to be a little better than this.  I hate that it impacts my Son too.  I suppose really he probably doesn't notice but second timers will sympathise with the maternal guilt I am sure.image  I am really struggling without the ability to nap as much as I did in the first pregnancy and recover.  With a 2 year old there is just no give.  He has also been poorly which hasn't helped.  He is better now but cranky and difficult where he is still tired from it.

Aside from sickness my skin has flared up a bit, tiredness ongoing, metallic taste and boobs are spilling out of my bra.  I am sure my middle is thickening too.  (Although I did have a c section which has been prone to being bigger)

bleurghhh!  On a postitive note I guess this is all 'proof' and the choice is sickness or worry perhaps.  We just can't win can we!?

Replies

• Ooh and I forgot to add my emtions are so varied and change at the blink of an eye.  They plop out at other people or things and I can't believe how unreasonable, cross, happy, tearful I am a lot of the time about nothing! 

Crazy lady here x

• Bless ur heart I have to admit I really struggled this time round no one ever told me 2nd pregnancies were so hard. I didn't start feeling ok till about 21 weeks and even now have my off days. It's all worth it tho hang on in there xx

• Yep I know exactly where you're coming from! I have a 2 and a 4 year old and struggling massively with day to day stuff.

Nausea lasts all day. I try and eat 2 ginger biscuits before I get out of bed and sometimes that helps. Flavoured sparkling water is also helping.

Its spool tough but hang on in there we'll be in the 2nd tri before we know it xx
  • Whoops! Meant to say soooo tough not spool! Lol xx
  • Yep I know exactly where you're coming from! I have a 2 and a 4 year old and struggling massively with day to day stuff.

Nausea lasts all day. I try and eat 2 ginger biscuits before I get out of bed and sometimes that helps. Flavoured sparkling water is also helping.

Its spool tough but hang on in there we'll be in the 2nd tri before we know it xx
  • Hi ladies

I'm shattered! my bedtime is getting earlier and earlier. I'm struggling as I work full time in 4 days so I have to get up very early. the tiredness then makes me very nauseous and I am super bloated. I'm sure colleagues keep glancing down at my round tum! I'm taking tomorrow off just so I can have a day to myself whilst dd is at nursery. I don't want to complain about it though as it makes me so happy to have these symptoms.  Everytime the nausea eases up I panic! 

Hope you're not suffering for too much long tulip x

• Thanks guys.

I know what you mean. We are ao lucky but it still isn't nice to feel poo and totally out of it.

Gingerpoodle I work 30 hours in 4 days so not quite full one but it's long days. I am lucky and am home based but need to be in the office a few days a week. The commute is around 1hr30 to 2 hrs each way so those office days are killer. I then get the guilt because I don't see much of ds after nursery and I am wiped.

I'm relieved to see it isn't me being feeble but wish we all felt better. I'm sure we will in another few weeks.
  • How you feeling Tuliprose? As you know I've been struggling and can totally empathise with feeling of guilt, as I know I've been snappier with dd and have less energy st the minute ... I'm nearly 11 weeks now and the nausea is definitely subsiding at the minute, which given I haven't had my scan yet is making me worry, but like you say I'd also be complaining if I felt as sick as a dog - us women hey!? hope you're feeling on better form soon x
  • Thanks teapot. It's still not great.

Feeling worse and now got a throat bug.

My DH can be ok at taking ds sometimes but it means absolutely nothing else gets done.

Whereas I it were me I would be soon washing and generally trying on top of things.

Shouldn't complain but at the moment I am very angry with the world and all 'woe is me'.

Think the approaching scan is getting to me more than I thought.

Hopefully after Thursday I will be less scary.image
  • I know what you mean, hubby is very good with dd but can guarantee the house turns into a trail of destruction! 

hope everything goes well on Thursday ... I'm very jealous as I'm still waiting in my scan date, not long now though hopefully! Hope you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy a bit more after Thursday and the sickness subsides soon Hun x

• Cheers hon.  I'm sure your date will be around the corner.  Maybe the difference is you will have your scan very soon after getting your letter? image

I had a bit of a scare last night and this morning.  I had what I call a 'bowel attack'. (Sorry for tmi description).  I get these from time to time and used to with my endometriosis.  I was up seebral times to pee and in a lot of pain.  Peeing seemed to ease it but woke up this morning with sweat all over, in strong pain and worried I was about to faint from it.  Ended up having 'loose movement' but seemed to take ages and I was so ill trying not to pass out.

The pain was so bad I thought I must be miscarrying. image  Luckily it all seems to be bowel related but they think they saw some endo on my last scan so I am a bit nervous.  I just hope it settles.  I will try to eat smaller meals I think and rest in case it was from a bug.  I have got a sore throat at the minute.

God what a moaner I am at the moment!

• Oh gosh Tuliprose that sounds awful, hope you're feeling better today and the pain has gone. Hope you can get your feet up a bit and take it easy x
  • Bless u Hun were all suffering aren't we, I'm ill again with sinusitis and a bad throat but doctors won't give me any antibiotics As they don't like to give anything in pregnancy. I really will be glad when this is over and she's here the constant backache is enough without all this being I'll too xx