Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I had my follow up scan

Hi,

As some of you know I had an inconclusive scan a couple of weeks ago where I saw just a sac and the yolk sac.

Today my husband came back with me to have the follow up.  After a long wait we saw our baby. image

Beautiful little wiggler measuring just 9mm and we clearly saw the heartbeat which the sonographer said was 'strong'.  It was so amazing to see the heart beating.

Feeling very relieved and happy.  We were dated at just 6+6 but this is about right for when I ovulated.  (We were unsure as my LMP was a miscarriage).  Official dating will be done at 12 weeks.

Thanks for all the wishes some of you have sent me ahead of the appointment.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/brightbride/d3be9afb-2c2a-4e73-b83f-c5b899499618.jpg

Replies

• Options

That's great news tulip , it is indeed amazing to see that little heartbeat beating away , so pleased for you hun , you can relax a bit now x x x

• Options

Yes indeed.  Thanks Evenmum.  Its nice not to have another scan date to look forward to....if that makes sense.  I was worrying in the whole lead up.  The first one was fine as it was a 2 day wait but this last one was 2 weeks!  Ouch!

So it seems we are a week apart now image

And I see your pretty ticker is working!!image

• Options

Congratulations! Really pleased for you x

And thank you for your kind words on my post. They've really helped. Here's hoping I have some of the same fairy dust as you image

• Options

Fantastic news tulip. So happy for you x

• Options

Fabulous news Tulip!!! Soooo happy for you image xx

• Options

Yaaaay great stuff xx

• Options

Great news congratulations x

• Options
    Yay! Xxxxx image
  • Options
    Lovely news! Xx
  • Options

amazing Tulip! so happy for you xx

• Options
    Yey! So glad it went well Hun and little beanie is doing well. Hope you can relax and enjoy things a little more x
  • Options
    Thank you xxx
  • Options

G/C but just wanted to say great news and here's to a happy and healthy 8 months x So peased  for you x 

• Options
    Yay that's amazing tulip! Really happy for you image x
  • Options
    Thanks sponge bobby.

How are you getting along? Not long left. X
  • Options

Feel huge. like i wanna pop. Got consultant on Wednesday to discuss delivery eeek.

I will warn you that pregnancy is much harder when you have a toddler in toe but you do learn to get on with it a bit more. I have found it tougher on my body. Aches and pains etc. but then you know the end is in sight and the result will be worth it!

Sb x

• Options
    Hope it's not much longer for you chick.

I'm already finding it so hard. I'm exhausted and sick. Can't seem to do anything useful.

I wish I could get on with it. But every time I try I really feel it. I've had a lot of round ligament pain this time when sneezing and it's so painful. Like deep burning.

I'm so lining for the second trimester. Luckily it should hit just in time for Xmas but I'm reasonably sure I didn't feel fab until about14 weeks last time???

I'm such a whiner at the minute.

Take care if yourself sweets. X
  • Options

Pic is awesome Tulip!

I have the same symptoms...just cant wait to get to the 2nd trimester when (apparently) these symptoms wear off!

I had that pain last nigth when i sneezed. I was really worried but im trying not to stress and remain positive that everything is normal and baby is growing as it should.  I think having an early scan really helped with the positive attitude. I had one at 8 weeks and saw its little heart beating away image