Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bump anyone?

Well ladies it's official. I've popped! I was semi expecting it as this is my second but im only 11+5. In my first pregnancy I was thicker in the waist but didn't have a real bump until 14 weeks. (Although I was convinced I was massive!) image I guess we will start taking bump photos now. Got to find a big t shirt so I can wear the same one. image Anyone else popped yet ? It's a little awkward as I definitely got the vibe it is not the right time to tell my manager this week. Desperately trying to wear fuller tops to hide it but my little trousers are being held with button extenders underneath. Paranoid they will ping off in a meeting. How is everyone else? Starting to improve I hope from the ms and tiredness. Would love to hear about your bumps. X

Replies

• Options
    Very exciting tulip despite being slightly earlier than you'd hoped.

Some days I have a huge bump and others you wouldn't know I was pregnant. I'm 13+6.I've been wearing the button extenders for a while but yesterday I had to give up and could only do my zip up halfway!

I saw my mw yesterday for my booking in and heard baby's heartbeat. ..so lovely to hear.

Tulip, I hope you manage to hide it from work until the time is right. When's your scan?
  • Options
    So exciting, im a big girl already so its harder to say but my stomach has definetly changed shape and is now very rounded and i definetly look pregnant. 14 weeks tomorrow image. Apart from that i dont feel pregnant at the moment, no more sickness, just tired and always hungry.

Dh has brought me a fetal heart beat monitor for xmas cant wait to try that.

Got my 16 wk appt on dec 27th im excited for that.

I was laying in bed earlier and had a weird sensation in belly almost like a goldfish was flipping in my stomach but i suppose its too early to feel baby yet i so cant wait for that.

Hope everyone else is ok xxxx
  • Options
    I'm 15 weeks and yep ive popped although this is number 4 so ive absolutely no stomach muscles left lol I'm in maternity trousers that go up to my boobs lol
  • Options

Haha , me too , dh calls me Simon Cowell , number 5 for me so def more rounded at this stage than I was with 1 and 2 , 13 weeks today , good thing Christmas is coming , good excuse to indulge in a few little treats , shame I've got no apetite though . feel ravenous , really fancy something , but a few bites n I'm full , not fair !! image x x

• Options

Wow can't believe you're 13 weeks already! X

• Options
    He he. The simon cowell look made me giggle.

Gingerpoodle I am the same. Definitely can't get the zip more than half way up. Why are work clothes so fitted?

I have really treated myself to some nice maternity clothes this time from jojo maman bebe and morhercare. Mainly work bits. A few of the tops will need growing into but i had forgotten how comfy maternity clothes are.

Last time I was heavy in the summer so was only wearing one top. So all my maternity clothes from last time are thin summer tops. Bit chilly for now.image

I completely didn't think about having to wear jumpers and then a vest etc underneath. But it's nice to have something new when most things will be handed down from my son.

Loving my new maternity winter coat. So warm.

Gingerpoodle my scan is Monday.

I so like hearing how everyone else is doing.

Xx
  • Options
    Good luck for Monday Tulip.

Evemum, I'm so with you on the food front. I've still got nausea on and off but I can hardly fit anything in. I'm generally a littlr and often eater anyway but pregnancy makes it 10 times worse. Sad that I won't be able to stuff my face in the a frenzy at christmas. That hasn't stopped me stocking up on the goodies today though.

• Options

My belly literally seems to have started popping out since our scan on Monday! My waist is starting to go and higher up definitely seems to be growing! Madness!

i can still get in my trousers but I reckon it won't be long before I struggle with the zips! 

If anyone can recommend the best maternity wear shops I would be grateful image X

• Options
    Hi. I wrote a long reply but BE deleted it.

Was going to say clothes depend on your budget, shape, stage of pregnancy and if you want them to last another pregnancy.

I had lots of new look stuff last time. Was cheap but hasn't lasted. Jeans fell to bits at the bump band etc.

really like jojo maman bebe for quality and fit. Clothes seem to last the whole pregnancy but it's expensive. eBay can be good though.

I never got on with mamas and papas. Mothercare is so much better these days. There are premium brands too like Isabella Oliver and seraphine and tiffany rose.

I found I liked over bump styles in early stage and under bump for later.

Bump bands were a waste of money for me.

Cardigans were ok in bigger sizes on non maternity.

Also I regretted bit thinking enough about underwear post c section nor comfy bottoms and nursing tops. I felt icky. So this time I plan to have some mood boosting and ultra comfy clothes. Nobody plans a c section but comfy clothes don't hurt after a vagibal birth either. image

Hope this helps!
  • Options

Thanks TulipRose, that's really helpful. I've been looking online but some of the hinges I have liked they haven't got in my size, which is only a 14/16 so not unusual. Maybe they sell out of those sizes quickly!

going to pop to Next Tomorrow as a few people have recommended there stuff. I have heard new Look is also good.

quite excited to start buying x