Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014

June ladies, how are we all getting on?

Hi ladies How are you all feeling? I am 26 weeks today and feel pretty good. I have had a few days off of work which has helped. I've cleared out all of our stuff from baby's wardrobe and I have all of the neutral sleepsuits cleaned. I bought a new coming home outfit for baby. Starting to get more excited about this little one now. Only a couple of weeks to go then it's the 3rd trimester! That is quick! Has anyone bought anything new? I've bought a mamascarf which I could've done with with dd. I've also got some new muslins but otherwise that's it. Just waiting for D day to find out if it's a boy or a girl. If it's a boy, we'll have quite a bit of spending to get on with. Have you all decided when you're going to give up work? I'm still not sure but 3 months seems a long way off.

Replies

• hi

ive had to buy everything!! i didnt keep a single thing from my last dd oops!!

only major bits i need now are car seat and mattress for the cotbed which im having new

we have managed to get a good stock though from buying 2nd hand. (clothes) im giving up work on the 16th this month im due 1st of june and my last 3 were slightly early. also i work in care and some of the people i work with are difficult to move,have massive wheel chairs ect. 

• Hiya , I'm 25 weeks today , going quickly now , also got baby bits down , lucky , as we thought we had finished too , just put the stuff up in the loft - just in case , was worried we wouldn't have all the bits for the pram etc but it's all there , still got some babygros to find , dh is a typical man n says ha can't find them , wish I could get up there but think my sense of balance is slightly off n don't quite trust it ,feeling pretty good but finding it hard to get comfy in bed , have a dream genni pillow which is great for bump , legs etc but feel the need to be a bit more propped up , have always just had 1 pillow so not like me , just feel abit squashed by my ever growing boobs !! like you we have got most of the bits we need 2nd hand puddy , ebay is a god send image only thing we will get new is the mattress for moses basket n cot after , feeling lots of movement - def the best bit x x x  

• Hi girls,

I'm 25+3 today and feeling pretty good. I've had a few pains down one side that last a few moments and feel like a bad stitch and I've also got back pain from a previous problem. Going for massages to help though. I've decided to start reflexology soon too as this is supposed to help my body in lots of ways image

we cleared out our spare room at the weekend ready to decorate it as a nursery. Going to put some Disney stickers on the wall. We have our cot and car seat and a few items of clothing but that it really. Need to get looking for a good pram but there is so much choice it's baffling! 

Baby is busy squirming and kicking often now. image 

great to hear how you are all doing xx

• Hi ladies,

had a bit of a set back last night, im now 26 +4, i was at work last night when I started getting lots of pain in my stomach and near my right hip, i was then sick and was really hot and shakey, luckily i work in a police detention centre and there was a medic there who came to see me, my temp was 39, pulse over 100 and blood pressure a bit high, the medic rung my local labour unit as it was 9pm and they said to bring me in, i was so scared sat in a birthing room with woman screaming all around me, they did lots of tests but said all they can think is i have a stomach bug, was also having braxton hicks and round ligament pain! I felt so pathetic i was in complete agony thinking to myself i was in labour. Anyway after 4 hours they sent me home with paracetemol but i am still in soo much Pain! It feels very achey today right across my belly button area, cant move around much due to the pain, still a bit worried but have to trust the midwives. I just feel like it cant be healthy for baby for me to be in this much pain. 

Being first time pregnant i dont know what im doing, does this sound normal for a growing  stetching tummy?

sorry for rant just feeling a bit sorry for myself and scared! 

Hope your all ok

xx

• Hi girls , sorry just saw this libby  hope you're feeling much better now , the ligament pains are scary aren't they , they can totally stop me in my tracks for a few minutes , have they settled down now ? x x 

How is everyone else doing ? I'm 27 weeks today , going quite quick now . if a week early like last dd will only have 12 weeks to go !! feeling quite well but the tiredness is creeping back in , very tired but can't always sleep well , has your midwife spoken to you about the whooping cough jab yet - think it's at 28 weeks , so maybe at my next appointment , got scan dates through yesterday 6th of april n 7th may ,wanted to take kids but states on the letter they aren't allowed image quite disappointed really , can't wait to see him or her again though , see how things have changed x x

• Hello girls,

how are you feeling now libbybaby? 

I had my 28 week midwife appointment today. I'm 27+3. All went really well and they started measuring and using the growth chart. Looks like we will have a good sized baby image. They also have put in a referral to the physio for my back but did say that I shouldn't hold my breath as they seem to be taking ages in giving people appointments. The pain can be pretty bad but my main concern is how I will cope during labour as I really don't want an epidural. 

There was no mention of the whooping cough jab actually. Is it definitely supposed to be done at 28 weeks? 

our nursery is coming along very well. Furniture in now so just need the finishing touches image

How is everyone else doing? Xx

• Hi girls,

Im much better thankyou, think i just panicked too much.

Im off to hospital this morning for my anti d injection and im 28 weeks today so got midwife appt at 11 i will ask her about the whooping cough jab.

We had a 4d scan last sat was totally amazing. When i get a chance i will try and upload some pics. Things are all getting very real now on the final countdown but i am so excited.

Will post again later and let you know what midwife saya about whooping cough

Take care

Xxx
  • Hi ladies

I'm glad you're feeling better Libby.

Had my 28 week appointment this week and mw mentioned the whooping cough jab. I've booked it for next week with my gp surgery.

In case you didn't see my other post, thia baby is currently breech like it's big sister was. Hoping desperately that it turns soon as I'm not hopeful after 32 weeks.

My back is bad today and it feels like something is going to pull if I move in the weong way. I've been trying to move carefully but dd is wanting lots of cuddles today which doesn't help. Hopefully yoga tomorrow will help to stretch me out.

12 weeks to go and it seems ages away when I know 5 people that have had their babies this week. Hope it goes quickly.

• Hi ladies , glad we're all keeping well , you all sound really organised with the nursery etc , exciting isn't it , lovely getting everything washed n put away , still haven't found my shawl that we have used since 1st dd's birth , must get dh back in the loft again this weekend , I practise yoga every day also gp , even if it's only 10 minutes it makes all th difference , 12 weeks - scary isn't it , seems to have gone really quick , would love to see your pics libby , bet they're lovely , might have to have 1 too as kids can't come to scan at hospital , hope the injection went well , you're 3 days ahead of me GG2 , they haven't measured me yet , just rough measurement a few weeks ago , have been having fortnightly appts since 22 weeks due to high bp but so far it hasn't been too high at all , nice to have a listen in regularly though , think they measure from 28 weeks n check position don't they ? hope you get some physio soon , backache is horrid isn't it , has anyone heard from tulip lately , hope you're ok if you're reading hun x x x 

• Hi

Glad you're ok Libby. The round ligament pain is so strong. Have you tried heat packs or bending over forward? Not ideal with a growing bump I know! I seem to have had these loads second time around and from very early on. I wonder if it's related to scar tissue?

Everyone seems so organised and it's good to hear everyone is excited.

I'm good. We finished Hypnobirthing which has been amazing. We now have so many things to try and I'm utterly amazed at how powerful it is. Feeling much more prepared and clearer and stronger re my birth plan. I know how I want to start if all is well and what I want to use and where to be. Absolutely open to having to change course but I know there are a few things I can't consent to this time. Definitely feeling more secure.

We are even looking at home birth.

My itching has been home for weeks and just a hint of it at he moment but I think it is usual stretching and skin sensitivity. Having bile acids done next week though.

Only thing is we have been told we have to front ??100 for my mother in laws surprise party which is happening at 37 weeks and nearly two hours away.

Not sure how I feel yet about being so far away when we have quite a bit up in the air. Pre term labour is common with icp and our placenta issue may mean early section.

I guess early section means we just don't go but I am concerned about over tiring myself before labour and starting somewhere far away where I don't feel safe. It's such an important part for me this time. Hence wanting to look into home birth.

Anyway I've rambles enough.

I am well at the moment. Baby definitely pushing up and there is more heartburn etc but so far so good. image
  • Lovely to hear from you hun , was starting to worry , I don't blame you not wanting to go far away so close to your due date - I wouldn't either , I'm sure your mil would understand , was also having the same worry , my sis was due to get married May 31st , they have postponed it indefinitley now , they're quite happy about it , just finances as usual ,glad the itching is at bay n you're feeling good on the whole , we're still listening to hypnobirthing cd every week , have been trying the dial for turning down pain when round ligament strikes - seems to work quite well , hope it does the same for contractions , when do you give up work - hope you're resting as much as possible x x  

• Hi hope you are all good feel like I'm on the final count down nearly 31 weeks which could be less than 9 weeks if my last 3 are anything to go by. Have to admit I'm feeling super pregnant she is really low down and a real fidget
  • Hi

So good to catch up on everyone.

Evenmum I stop work at 36 weeks. Taking a week if leave until 37. That's the plan unless either oc or placenta praevia or accreta are an issue. My mil is going to miss it all if there is an early section.

I'm 'glad' your wedding was postponed. Good they are ok about it too.

I would like DH to see if we could hold the party earlier but doubt they will. My neighbour listened to my worries about being on my own and has offered to have our son if necessary. She's very kind. Shouldn't need it but on the off chance it all hapoens it will make me feel more secure.

Just hope ds and DH can get home quickly if so. No m25 closures etc.image

As for hypno, I'm loving the gloved hand - really powerful. Also most of the deepening techniques and the light touch massage is good. You have to get used to the sensation but it is very distracting and it does confuse your brain away from other things like pain.image

I need to practice my slow breathing more and increase my practice come 32 weeks. Undo the cd daily and visualise when I have quiet moments. DH and I practice twice a week how which is making us really think about what we need when it happens eg not enough pillows for the massage position or what sort of tv will keep endorphins going, when to try the bath etc. he knows which methods are difficult for me or that I find borderline too much so he is careful and it's building the trust which is good.

We are even considering home

Birth. Need to do a bit more research but it feel it would give me the best chance and we are only 10 mind away from the hospital.

Lots of newborn clothes hanging up all ready. A lot of blue ones though. image

Things are starting to feel more real now.
  • Hi all,

I'm starting to get uncomfortable, I'm 27w +4  and for a while have had issues with my hips. I'm now having trouble sleeping as I wake up with cramp and have to roll from one side to another. I'm also getting acidy tastes in my mouth so feeling quite yuck.

On a more positive note I am booked for my whooping cough jab and 28 week scan next week and will hopefully see the consultant too so a decision can be made on if I have to have a c section. Baby is moving lots which can be fun but distracting at times.

You all seem so organised I've still got loads to do and loads to get but hopefully will be ready soon.

• Hey ladies!

Only 3 months to go! Glad to see everyone is doing ok and getting ready for the new arrivals image I realised the other day that we're due on Father's Day! lol not that he'll arrive that day..

My midwife hasn't said anything about a whooping cough jab? I just had my 28 week appointment for my Anti-D, got my GTT results back which were all fine, blood pressure is starting to climb again so have to keep an eye on that. Baby is breech-although there is still time to turn, i hope! lol Also had my tummy measured and i'm measuring 30- i'd suspected that this one would be a big baby as my first was almost 10lbs lol. Have to go back to see midwife at 34 weeks... Have a scan and consultant appointment at 34 weeks too so we can see how much hes grown- if he's big then we've decided to push for an induction. With my first he was estimated at already weighing 7lb8oz at 34 weeks and ended up being huge, overdue and having a massive PPH which i am desperately trying to avoid this time round! 

To top everything off my SPD is complete agony image bless my OH for being so good to me! Physio sort of helped but already been doing my pelvic floor exercises so not much else i can do apart from wait it out! I've been given crutches to help with walking but i feel like such a fool using them! 

On a positive note, we've pretty much got everything ready now! Just need to build the cot once we've sorted our room out lol washing baby clothes may just be my new favourite thing lol image

Rambled a bit... sorry image hope everyone has a great day! x

• Hi sb , I got a letter from gp practice yesterday re whooping cough injection , have to make an appointment as soon as , glad to hear you're enjoying the washing , look so cute drying don't they , sorry to hear the SPD is causing you so much pain , must be horrible , hope you're resting as much as possible , my bp was also up a little the other day , so have gone back to the dispersible aspirin - see if that makes any difference , don't want to have to be in hospital before labour starts again , also got another scan at 30 weeks ,and 34 weeks  just for growth , all mine have been quite small , but measuring 30 weeks already but have always measured more than my weeks , hope they are helpful in getting an induction , they will be aware of the pph n be on their guard for it this time x x 

have you tried sleeping with a pregnancy pillow annie - I have a dream genii n find it really helpful , the movement is def 1 of the best aspects isn't it , getting some really sharp jabs from time to time , takes your breath away , reassuring though isn't it x x 

Glad your neighbour has offered to help out tulip , have the same issues , getting kids looked after , hope it all falls in to place for us n your oc behaves itself , hope the hypnobirthing helps to alleviate some of your worries , very relaxing n helpful , hjope it works on the day .... x x 

• Hi evemum, Haven't tried a pregnancy pillow but I do sleep with different pillows dotted around. Movement is definitely reassuring.

I've had an appointment with my consultant and a scan. Sproglet is bang on measurement wise and is head down so at the moment a vbac is an option for me which is exciting but also really scary.

Hope everyone is still feeling well x I

• Hi ladies

How is everyone getting on? I'm 32 weeks so I guess I should think about packing my hospital bag. Have any of you started yet?

I had my whooping cough jab last week and wow was it painful afterwards. I felt like I'd sent my arm to the gym for a workout!

I'm currently trying to relax a bit. I've been having a few headaches and dizziness. I went to the docs yesterday expecting low blood pressure and was shocked when my bp had risen considerably just in to the high bp bracket. I had to go to the maternity day unit for a checkup and all seems fine. Bp lowered out of the risk bracket but still higher than usual. Looks like it was a freak rise (hopefully) but got to see midwife at the weekend to he checked again.

I've managed to get all of the neutral clothes washed and just need to get the big things out of the loft for a wash down.

How's everyone else getting on?

Gp
  • Hi again , glad the bp settled , Mine seems to be behaving itself this pregnancy , so far so good , think the aspirin has been helping ,

Know what you mean re the whooping cough jab , had mine last week also n yes was bit painful afterwards , ds had his booster n men c n lo had her preschool jab all on the same day , so we were all sporting sore red arms for a few days .

31 weeks today , have started to gather a few bits for hospital bag , as n when I remember what was useful last time , remembered I had a really bad freak cough just after delivery n was coughing the whole night we were in hospital , n got some heavy sighs from the other lady in the opposite bed , her baby was screaming before we got in there , mine was quiet , then heard the midwife saying to her not to bother to warm the babys' formula up or he would get used to it !!! no wonder the poor little bugger was crying !anywho , it really hurt a pretty painful perinieum n tummy muscles so have packed some soothers - just in case , 

Have also washed the neutral stuff , must say we have decidedly more pink than blue stuff ,time will tell which we need , can't believe we all only have 8 weeks or so to go can you ?? !! x x x  

Love to all , look forward to hearing everyones ' updates x x 

• Hey ladies.

It's so nice to read an update.

Gp I hope it stays low for you but do keep an eye and go in if you have anything change.

I have washed all the neutrals. I just need to do some muslins and bibs. I went a bit crazy and bought some

Pink things from Mothercare just in case. I have left the labels all on and will exchange for something else if it's another boy.image it is so bizarre buying girl things and also more summery outfits. With my son it was mainly sleep suits.

I had my whooping cough jab today. It was actually not painful at all. Bit of acheing by nothing compared to the anti d. God that stung for ages after.

I have requested two weekly bile acids now which has got me feeling more relaxed and my itching is behaving most of the time so I feel happier. We discovered my 28 week bloods hadn't actually been done so I had those done today.

I've had two big appointments regarding the vbac and I now have a letter to my consultant drafted by a senior midwife which states I intend to use water and use under water telemetry but if it's not working I am declining the continuous monitoring but agreed to get out periodically for some ctg at points. I also have to decline the cannula due to being in water but I don't think it will take them long to shove a needle in if it goes pear shaped.

I need to progress roughly 1-2cm per hour so I've really got to be quite active and focused on hypno and relaxing early on. This also means I want to keep clear of epidural but we will see. At any point I can bail and have c section so I am feeling much more in control and now it's just waiting to see if the placenta has shifted and if oc stays away.

All looking very positive though t has been a bit of a battle. So glad I have been strong and spoken up for me and my baby.

Definitely can say I've done my very best which is all anyone can ask.

The time is truly flying. We just had our garden re done and it is so lovely. Seeing about having the bathroom and dining room re done. Hoping to get wood floor and remove an old has fire which isn't great for little

Ones.

Exciting but a little scary time wise.

I have somewhere between 7-12 weeks left depending.

I have a few little bits for my hospital bad but it's not packed. I junk over the weekend I will put it on a bag to see what's missing. My hubby bought me a labour massage kit for

Mother's Day which was so thoughtful. Looking forward to using that.

Definitely going to make sure I have lots of big pants and comfy leggings etc this time.