Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Been vomitting all night :(

Hi This is a shameless post for sympathy. image Sorry but I've been off work all week as my toddler has chickenpox and been feeling awful. I thought I was just sleep deprived where he can't sleep from the itch but looks as though I've picked up a form of the virus. Luckily immune to chickenpox. I'm paying for nursery still but have lost a weeks pay or mostly as it will be parental leave. Still can't send him to nursery today as he has one pick that isn't dry yet. So frustrating. Got so much to do with the house and a new mortgage application so have surveyors trying to Come round to value but the house is a tip so not in a good state. On top of this I checked work email And there were over 100. My manager has also brought forward a deadline by two weeks giving me just one week tondo something massive which I will beed to be in London to do. (Commuting 3hrs30 a day). Not what you need to go back to. I've also got my birth options clinic and had to have anti d done. More stingy than I remember and I freaked out being back in the ante natal unit. Bad memories. So now panicking I can't have a relaxed birth. Bit of a wobble only I hope. Latest bile acids have gone from 4 to 8. 14 is abnormal. I'm trying to honk that they will just bob about because I'm pregnant and not read anything into the increase. Hopefully next lot will be somewhere lower to reassure me. 32 week scan is 4 weeks today which we are obviously nervous about. Hoping all is well. Tempted to find out the sec this time though so we can focus on baby more to get us through the worry. But I can't help thinking we have come so far and it would be amazing to discover the sex at the birth this time. (Might give me more to work towards and a definite happy surprise if things go pear shaped).image Reading the above I think I have too much going on. Perhaps need to focus on feeling better and putting work aside. Difficult though. X

Replies

• Hey hun , yes , does sound like you have too much going on , I struggle just to do the school run n keep on top of the housework , hope lo is better soon - chickenpox can be miserable image , glad you're immune , that's the last thing you need , try n focus on feeling better , can work wait - it will have to for a minute , yours , baba n your little mans' health has to come 1st , sending you a big hug , hope you feel better very soon x x x 

• Thank you lovely.

Virtual hug is working a treat. image

I'm sure once I keep some food down I will feel brighter.
  • Hope you're all feeling much better today hun , n  you've managed to take it easy x x 

• Thanks lovely. You're always so kind.

Much better now I've kept food down. Also got some fresh air. Baby boy was still so tired but he rested in the buggy and enjoyed feeding the ducks.

I found some recommendations online about drinking juice to get blood sugar up and pro biotics etc. seems to have really helped. image

How are you hon?
  • I hope you're feeling better Tulip. My daughter had chicken pox a month ago but luckily she wasn't too bad with it.

How are you feeling now?
  • Much better now thanks.

How are you? Any news on baby moving position?
  • Glad you're feeling better Tulip.

Baby seems to be in exactly the sane position as dd was when she was breech. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow so I'm sure she'll confirm it's still breech.

Feeling a bit icky today and been a tad loose (sorry tmi). I've got friends coming for dinner shortly and really I just want to curl up with a hot water bottle. I'm sure I'll feel better once they arrive and distract me with the gossip.