Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone on number 5 ?

Hi girls ,

I had to go into hospital the other night for some monitoring due to reduction in fetal movements , the dr finally came to say we could leave as he was happy we had met the criteria - after an hour n a half on ctg , he then said hopefully the next time we meet will be on the labour ward , n also said I would be put on a drip after the birth to decrease the risk of a pph , as it was number 5 , has anyone had any experience of this - how long was it for etc , any help or advice would be great , thanks x x 

Replies

• Hi

I've not read anything. Is it synticinon to help the placenta detach or fluids or maybe clotting stuff like vitamin k?

I would ask your midwife hon. Try not to worry in the meantime.image

Don't you just love the way they doting these things on you and disappear when you have questions??
  • Thanks hun , no , apparantley it's for approx 4 hours to try n stop the possibility of bleeding as the uterus has been stretched ... will ask midwife on Tuesday ,

How did your scan go yesterday - was it the news you were hoping for ? x x 

• Hiya, not sure if its this is helpful at all lol but I had a PPH last time so i'm going to be on a drip (can't remember the drug name they said) which basically gets the uterus contracting to reduce or hopefully prevent losing too much blood image x

• Hi

That sounds like syntocinon to me. It's the same thing hey use for drip inductions.

My scan was only yesterday. Thanks for asking. It went very well. Placenta out the way and they think pretty clear of the scar. Really happy.

Only thing is I've been getting period pains so phoned triage and keeping an eye. They told me to take paracetamol and not pick up my son. image

Hoping it settles down.