Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June ladies, our babies are due next month!

How exciting is that? ! I'm so over pregnancy now and can't wait to meet this lo. 6 weeks to go for me. I saw my mw this week and I'm 2/5 engaged. I know that doesn't mean a lot as it could move in and out several times before labour but I never had this with dd as she was breech until very late. I went for a long walk yesterday and I could certainly feel some stabbing pains in my pelvis. How's everyone getting on?

Replies

• Hiya , I know I can hardly believe we are so close , 7 weeks max for me now , feel like my waters are going to pop at any minute , feel so full , my last dd was 2/5 engaged n the next weekend she was born ! although like you said with subsequent babies they can pop in n out , I am in 2 minds about the pregnancy ending , love being pregnant - even with the aches n pains , pretty sure it will be our last baby , will miss the kicks but then as dh said last night - yes - but we get to meet the baby , how often will you see the mw now - are you planning a hospital birth , after our visit to hosp the other eve I have packed my bag - just need to put in some tape for the tens machine n some dextro energy tabs , exciting isn't it , can't wait to see everyones' updates x x  

• I will miss the kicks but the aches and pains. I don't know how you do it with 4 already. I only have 1 and I am exhausted.

I'm planning on going to my local birthing centre which is where I have all of my midwife appointments. I would've gone their last time if my daughter hadn't been breech up until the end . I had to go to the hospital because she'd been turned.

I'm getting a lot of cramping tonight. I think baby must be cosying right in down there ad I was having a lots of jabbing pains earlier as well. I'm currently rocking on my ball to ease the discomfort.
  • It's gone so quickly can't wait to see everyone's birth announcements, makes me so jealous lol my oh says he's done with kids but id love another one day x

• Hey ladies!

Can't believe that next month we're going to have our babies!! I am freaking out a little lol... I am not going to miss spd/sleepless nights/constantly feeling like im weeing myself but I definitely will miss the kicks! Can't wait to meet him, though! In the last two months, 3 of my friends have had their babies so I am getting a little impatient now :P

I've also been getting jabbing pains "down there" which I remember from last time. They take my breath away they're so painful lol!!

I haven't packed my bag yet although i've been stocking up on nipple pads and sanitary towels, etc. which I guess is kind of getting there. Other than that I think we're ready for his arrival!

I have a scan on Tuesday which will be good, hopefully he's turned (feels like he has). I'm pretty worried about the birth- the idea of having another PPH terrifies me image

I'll shush now lol...Hope everyone is doing well image x

• Hi ladies,

I am not due till September but just wanted to wish you all good luck and can't wait to see your birth announcements image

I like reading your updates so I know what is to come.  Can't believe how quick this year has gone already, so I know my next 19 weeks will fly by.

x

• Hi

I am definitely starting to feel like I want out. I think for many reasons (as you know) this pregnancy has been up and down in terms of worry and so my priority has been to get this one out safely.

I like being pregnant but i am starting to struggle with the lack of energy and like everyone else the aches and pains and pressure.

I would like to just know how it's going to end as well. So much practice but I try to stay open minded knowing we could be surprised by anything oc or not.image

I was going to ask what you have in your hospital bags this time. After getting these cramps lately I've started. I think we have everything for baby although it's difficult to get the amount of nappies and clothes right.

For me I need to dig out my spare maternity pads (kept them wrapped safe) and pop in the remaining clothes I know won't need between now and then. I'm going to make a list of the thins I can't have sitting in a bag for 7 weeks but need to throw in such as maternity pants and chargers and toothbrush etc.

We are packing enough for an overnight stay and then I plan to have a standby bag with extras at home which hubby can grab if we need to stay longer if necessary.

We don't want to be carting a million heavy bags about during labour.

I have got the essentials though - snacks and hypno cd on my iphone. image that is if I don't break into the jelly babies prior to labour! Lol

Sleep wise I'm doing really well. Maybe just two wakes a night. I'm putting it down to the hypno cd and I've found a great pillow combo to help the leg cramps.

I'm banned from lifting my little boy now which is difficult. I'll be glad to hold him again.

I think what I am unsure of is how recovery will be after a vagibal birth. I've read about usif a hug if warm water to pee and things but aside from that I haven't a clue.
  • A few items I had for after bitth were witch Hazel to dab onto the maternity pads to help healing if you tear or cut. Tea tree oil for the bath, again to help sooth and heal the area. Arnica tablets to help with bruising. A blow up rubber ring to sit on...dh had to go out and buy one especially as my stitches got a little infected and it was very painful to sit down.

Also, a tip...if you dab witch hazel on a clean pad and then stick it in the freezer for 10mins it is really soothing.

I've not packed much this time as I didn't even take my bag in last time and ended up starkers after a bath and didn't care. Dh can always grt more if I need it for a longer stay.

I need to pack a small bag for dd in cade she had to stay at nanny's.

I'm looking forward to meeting this little one now.
  • Ooh that sounds ace. I ordered some special post partum bath salts with arnica in. Hope they work.

Been really feeling it this week with all these painful contractions etc.

I have the bowling ball in pelvis feeling already and sharp stabbing below.

7 more weeks!!!
  • Might give that a try also , I def found pouring warm water over when I had a wee helped too , n putting salt into the water- my mums old fashioned remedy ,

Also have the bowling ball feeling had midwife check today n she said the head was still free , feels very low to me though had a student midwife there too n she was very good , asked about the drip after the birth n apparantley it will be up for approx 4-5 hours , cos I'm a multigravida , n a para 4 , not so relevant before #5 apparantley ... but children shoud be allowed into the delivery room if all is well so fingers crossed , 

Also had 34 week growth scan , took all 4 kids n the looks on their face was magical , the midwives weren't initially impressed I took them all in but they were good as gold , looked at the face for ages , saw the baby opening n closing his/her eyes , n frowning n s/he has a fair amount of hair , very exciting , can't wait to meet him or her now image x x 

Hope everyone else is well today n looking forward to the wonderful weather we are supposed to be having soon x x x