Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

RLS

Hi girls , think I might have restless leg syndrome ,

As much as I'm active during the day - practice yoga most days to stretch the old bones image when I lie down to rest , my legs feel twitchy , like something's crawling under the skin - most peculiar !! feel like I have to move them n it often wakes me in the night , it is doing my head in , have heard that sometimes it can be linked to an iron deficiency but my last hb was 13 ,. so don't think that's the problem , unless it's dropped significantly since then , any ideas or suggestions as to how to cope with it would be really helpful , thank you x x 

Replies

• Maybe its fluid build up in yr legs (in the muscle fibres). Try elevating your legs now and then for a wee while and a bath might help circulation? X
  • Yes , maybe it is I remember lying with legs up on the while in 1st pregnancy due to puffy ankles , n was saying to eldest dd the other day - oh my god - I've got cankles !!!! image  don't remember that in last pregnancy , will def give it a go thanks hun x x 

• If yr swelling in yr ankles is excessive maybe you should show yr midwife. When's yr next appt? Xx
  • Oh yr welcome lol. Hope that helps. I'm getting itchy calves after my work. That resolves itself eventually after me raising them.

In someone else it probably wouldn't itch but my lower legs drive me crazy with this incessant itching on and off for three years. My docs not interested in the least by it. Its not the skin, its the muscles..my muscle fibres are filled with fluid and all ball like.. it was caused by a month on Cerrazette. Arrrgh. Lol xx
  • Next appointment this Tuesday , also got 34 week growth scan after , taking kids this time - they're looking forward to it , got a few questions to ask her re placenta etc , how many weeks are you now ? x x