Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

In hospital

Hey ladies.. So yesterday had a scan and baby measuring average and everything which is great as i was worried about having another large baby.. They took my Bp and it was high 151/90 so had an appointment made for today to monitor baby and my Bp.. My Bp is high and last reading was 176/111 so ive been admitted image hate hospital stays! Feeling pretty lonely as mum came with me but has had to go back to work and my oh is at home with little one and cant drive so its just me here.. Bp has come down a little as they had to give me a pill and then i start medication to maintain it.. Not preeclampsia which is good! Just wish i could go home image

Replies

• Oh no , sorry to hear that hun , I was also admitted due to high bp with my 1st 2 , bp's 180/120 n 160/116 , horrid being away from home isn't it , but you're in the right place , what meds did they put you on ? I was put on niphedopine , dropped the bp but made me feel really weird , was nearly 14 years ago though so I hope things have improved since then , think you're 4 days ahead of me , I'm 34 weeks tomorrow , 6 weeks max , hope they manage to stabilise the bp n you can go home asap x x  

• Hi hun

Sorry to hear that! I no how you feel i was in Hospital at 34 weeks due to suspected pre eclampsia. My blood pressure was sky high and protein in my urine was on the border line and had to stay in for 2 nights. BP eventually went down and protein ended up being still on the border line but not as high as they suspected. Had a check up again last week and BP was high again and still got protein so i thought i would be having to stay in but they ended up taking 20 mins worth of BP and it went down so could go home!!

Got to go back on te 19th to discuss my birth plan. Il be due a few days after!!

Hope your ok though and fingers crossed you be out there soon!xx
  • Poor you. I hope you're okay and your bp comes down soon so that you can go home. Hopefully it's just a freak reading and just a sign that you need you need to slow down now.
  • Evemum I was on nefedipine 11 years ago. It made feel very funny a short while after taking it too. I think they have stopped using it now as it was too drastic a drug lol. It probably saved me though. I had one of the more severe pre eclampsia types so I wont scare u guys telling my tale.

There are safer meds the can gibe you for yr bp if needed huni. They will look after you and Hayleigh got her freedom back after a short while. How many weeks are you now? X
  • They gave me nefidipine to bring my Bp down quickly and now im having labetalol to try and maintain it.. So far its borderline at 141/91 which is a step in the right direction but don't think shes completely happy with it.. Have had such a bad headache which isn't budging since yesterday ugh! Internet here is intermittent which is just perfect.. Fingers crossed i can go home today :/
  • Thinking of u hun x

• So whoever it was who said they dnt use it anymore was wrong or its just my hospital trust. I'm glad they are able to bring it down a bit.

Hope you get out soon xx
  • Hope they get your blood pressure down and stable so they can send you home soon. I think you always feel better at home x 

• My goodness , didn't think they used nifedipine any more , I was also on methyldopa (think that's how it was spelled ,) hope they can come up with a longer term solution for you , the thing with high bp is you usually feel quite well , apart from the miserable headache you have got , I know it's not ideal being in hospital but better to be safe n know when you go home that you're stable , thinking of you hun x x 

• Hey ladies, thanks for all the replies! I am now at home! Didnt get any sleep at the hospital so expected the worst when they took my bp this morning but it was 120/83 and doctor agreed to let me go home- i could have cried lol

Now on labetalol for the remainder of my pregnancy with close monitoring so i guess we just wait and see.. feeling really shaky and headachey which i think are fairly common side effects.

Im glad they were thorough with me and baby though, they really acted quickly which i do appreciate just not very fond of being away from home lol

Thanks again for all your replies and I hope you're all doing well! image xx

• Glad you're home safely. Get done good rest when you can.

Keeping everything crossed for you.
  • Hi hun

Glad everythings ok and your back home now!!

My waters went last night at 38 weeks!! So excited and nervous as this is my first xx