Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How is everyone ?

Hi, You've probably seen i am now signed off and trying to manage itching until the end. Doing better since having some rest and got a regime of whipping cream on , drinking tons and piriton to knock me out at night. It's helping me feel I'm coping and that is improving. I would love to hear how everyone else is doing. Are we all prepared and on leave soon etc?

Replies

• Hi tulip rose, sorry to hear your suffering with the itching image at least your off work now glad to see thats helping.

i must admit im feeling a but fed up today, strated maternity leave 2 weeks ago im 36 weeks today, ive defiently enjoyed the time off, went to see midwife today blood pressure was a tiny bit higher than normal, baby is measuring 2 weeks under and she said baby isnt engaged, she wasnt worried but im at the stage where i really want baby out now as im so uncomfortable.

i cant remeber the last time i slept properly its just so uncomfortable and every little pain and twinge im like ohhh is this it lol. 

I love being active and even walking round tesco is becomming quite a Hard task just hate feeling so unfit.

i really shouldnt moan tho have had such an easy pregnancy and been very lucky just need to stop being inpatient at the final hurdle.

hope everyone else is doing ok

xxxx

• Hi ladies

Sorry to see you're suffering tulip but glad you're signed off. Will you definitely be having a c sec in a few weeks?

Libby don't worry about baby not being engaged. It doesn't matter. You could be engaged bow but still go 2 weeks over or not be engaged until you go in to labour which could be early, late or on time.

I saw mw this week and baby is 2/5 engaged and definitely head down, phew. She said that was probably as far as it would go until labour and it could pop in snd out a few times before then.

I've finished work and getting on with the nesting when dd is at nursery. She's been home today so we've been enjoying the sunshine. ..I'm shattered. I can't wait for d day to arrive and baby to arrive. I ordered a fan yesterday as I'm hot without the sun shining.

Gp x
  • Hiya , the last few weeks are hard going aren't they , 

I was up at 7am running cold water in the bath n paddling in it , got a bit of swollen feet n puffy ankles , fingers ok though , still wearing rings , 

Was thinking should mention it to midwife but got appointment Tues n will be weekly from then on , can't believe how quickly it has gone really ,

Went into M n S today n got measured for nursing bras , wore them so long last time they have no support left in them whatsoever , expensive but worth it so hospital bag well n truly ready , 

Like you getting impatient to get him/her out Libby but also know the longer s/he's in there the better the birth weight will be , breathing ,feeding etc , 

Bet it's a relief that baba is head down gp , none of the worries of last time , think it's normal for head to bob in n out a few times before it's all systems go , 

Every twinge has me worrying though , could be any time from now really imagevx x x 

• Hey ladies!

Sorry you've been suffering with itching Tulip image bet this heat hasn't helped much? but good that you've found a way to cope with it (hopefully not too long until baby is here?

Same here libby- I haven't had a decent night's sleep in forever! SPD is starting to really get me down.. soon as I get comfortable, I have to try and turn myself over again! My OH sleeps on the sofa because I take up so much room and tend to only be able to fall asleep in the most selfish position lol I feel so bad for him.

My blood pressure has been a pain but think its stable for now, they had to change my dosage as my BP went down to 102/58! No wonder I felt completely out of it lol its around the 120/80 region these days which i'm happy with. So far no protein or swelling (phew!) I have to go back to the day assessment unit at the hospital every few days for monitoring so atleast they're keeping an eye on me. Have consultant appointment today, midwife tomorrow and health visitor thursday! My son turned 5 yesterday so very busy week for us!

Baby was head down a few weeks ago but my bump has adopted a real random shape so who knows if he's still that way... He hasn't been engaged at all either so guess he's not tempted to put in an appearance soon- probably be like his brother and go overdue! Although, not sure what the procedure is for blood pressure problems? Will have to remember to ask the consultant later... maybe they'll be nice and induce me bang on 40 weeks lol 

I have started to pack the hospital bag and trying to sort out where we're going to store the buggy but it means sorting out under the stairs (shudder)

Apart from all that, i'm really excited for him to be here! Have had to make appointments for July and August and its weird to think that we'll have our little man actually with us for those! 

Take care everyone image x

• Hi

Good to hear everyone's news. Sleep is a real issue.

I've found my hypno CDs are great forgetting off and after trying three pillows I found one that is just right between my legs and stops the ache. I still ten about 6 times a night and it only works if my leg is up at right angles.

My itching is ok. I think because it's not as nuts as last oregnancy I'm coping ok. Heat is not helping at all though so it's gotten a bit more noticeable again today.

Baby is fully engaged today but I think with toe second they do go in and out a lot. From the pain I felt this morning im fairly sure this isn't the first time it's happened and he it she must've popped out a few times before.

Still at least this baby knows what to do. image

More bloods again today and result by Thursday hopefully. I've gradually been going nuts trying to plan for the birth outcome so I've decided I just can't plan for everything.

For now the bloods are normal so I'm just going with that. Vbac is back on in my head.

Taking each day at a time.

Stubbornbrit I'm glad your bp is settling on the medication. Fingers crossed it all stays ok for you x
  • Lovely to hear how we're all getting on , I also find the cds great for helping me to sleep , been a bit strange the last few nights though , waking up with heart racing n in a bit of a panic ... don't quite know what about , but metabolism doesn't slow down ,fuelling the baby n  think it's just getting to feel really real , will be giving birth in a few weeks n don't know when it will be , like you said tulip , somethings' we can't plan for , weird not being in control , having to leave it to mother nature ! 

I had the first of my weekly midwife appointments today , wasn't happy with bp - 148/92 , so did baby checks , baby wriggling loads , gave her a good kick ! checked it again ,148/90 , said could I hang around til after the next ladys appointment , but then booked my induction.... 19th June 8am , but feel sure s/he will be here by then ,babys' head is just sitting at the brim , popping in n out every so often , that took 10 minutes so checked it again still 148/90 so they want me to go into day assessment unit tomorrow for bloods n bp checks for 3-4 hours , would have been better if it were today as lo in pre school all day n home tomorrow , so eldest dd will look after her , hope it doesn't take all day , was in n out like a yo yo with 1st 2 , hope it settles n it's just a 1 off , glad the're keeping a close eye on you sb , theae last few weeks are tough aren't they ! not long n we will all have our babies in our arms x x x 

• Hi all,

Hope the itching stays manageable for you tulip and that your bp stays stable subbornbrit 

I broke up from work today so it feels all the more real. I hope I get a few weeks of chilling out in before baby decides to make an appearance. 

My hip pain has eased off alot which is good and means I have been getting a bit more sleep. I have been getting quite strong braxton hicks though so I seem to have swapped one discomfort for another.

I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's updates as we all go from pregnant to new moms xx here's hoping we all have a smooth transition xx

• Good luck eve. Hope it's shorter than you expect and all goes well.

I am up. Itching randomly all over but it's my hands and feet keeping me awake. They don't itch as such. They just feel they are on fire.

It's impossible not to feel disheartened because hands and feet are classic oc symptoms. image

Should get more blood results tomorrow if I'm lucky but bit holding out much hope of a diagnosis as my week hasn't been too bad itchy wise. It's come on badly since early this evening a few hours after the blood was taken.

Feeling frightened but trying to tell myself that it's the blood result that counts and not the itch. If the bloods are ok then baby should be ok.

Annie - enjoy your maternity leave. Hope your pain stays away.