Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in March 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2014 baby

Replies

• Options

Welcome mrsb and sharon.

Try not to worry to much about the clearblue digital test, im sure if you test in the next couple of days it will say 2-3.

Im 6.1 and no real symptoms here, the odd feeling of sickness but apart from that nothing x

• Options

Hi MrsB image according to dates I'm 6 weeks 3 days, I've had no sickness but lower back pain, not sure which is better lol! how are u feeling? x

• Options

That makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one lol.  I think im expecting to be really ill as a close friend of mine was pregnant with twins and was ill from start to finish with v bad sickness.  I'm happy to not have any lol as long as everything is ok.  I think I'll do another digital test next wknd just to make sure the weeks are going up.  Might as well round it up to 5 tests lol.

So far I've mainly just had a mild nauseas feeling, back ache, head ache n heavy boobs.  Xx

• Options

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Hope you're all doing ok? I had my first midwife appointment today, not sure what I was expecting but it was rather uneventful! Haha. Had my weight, height & bp checked. Had some blood taken, answered lots of questions about health etc & that was about it. Now just have to wait for my scan on the 22nd of August!

Has anyone else had their 'booking in' appointment with the MW?

x

• Options

hi everyone, so just a little update started getting a few symptoms now been feeling v v tired through the day, yet can't sleep on a night think I may have to become nocturnal, boobs really sore but have been like that from the start and just recently become very irritable/ unsettled cant lay  still if I lay down I look like a crazy woman rolling around the bed I can't even concentrate not even enough to watch telly its driving me Insane can only put it down to pg symptom as never normally like this, anyone experienced something  similar ? , and welcome anyone whose just joined its nice to have an outlet on here esp as my partners away but back tomorrow eek! Can't wait and no Sharon not had my booking app yet waiting until he's back and I'm not yet eight weeks but its still all very exciting and another milestone for you image 

Hope everyone's doing well, has it sunk in properly for everyone yet then, and have you all told people ( family & friends) be nice to know how everyone's getting on 

xx p.s sorry for long post 

• Options

It's great that you have a date to aim for for your scan!  I spoke to my midwife today n she said she'll be phoning next week to arrange the booking in appointment.

we called at my parents earlier to tell them but my mum wasn't in and we want to tel them together.  We're going to go tomorrow night then my mum, dad, brother n sister in law will all be together.

Habe you all told your families?  How did you tell them?xx

• Options

My mum and dad know and a few friends the OH's family know and he seems to be telling everyone else that he knows as i find out when someone i barely know congratulats me! The rest of my family and friends will find out about 12 weeks seen as they cant see me just now they wont be suspisious of the extra belly i seem to be aquiring! im dreading telling my gran as shes traditional and we arent married! saying that the OH is muslim so its suprising that his family seem to be happy with the news!

• Options

Thanks jazzy, I'm really pleased for you that your partner will be back tomorrow!! Mrs B, hope you get an appointment soon!

Ive told my mum, sister, brother & 2 friends and my OH has told his best friend, waiting till 12 wks to tell everyone else and work!

Good luck telling your Gran, Mavi, I hope she'll be pleased for you image)

I didn't realise quite how nerve wracking being pregnant would be! And it still doesn't feel real!

• Options

Jazzy, I'm experiencing the exact same! I'm shattered come 3pm, then I'm wide awake again when I get home. Come 7pm I'm flagging and then by bedtime I'm rolling around not being able to sleep. Another thing I've noticed is I'm forgetting everything! And I mean everything :/ my neighbour had to tell me my top was on inside out the other day! Embarrassing!

Sharon, I've got my booking in appointment on Wednesday, like you I really don't know what to expect but I would imagine it to be sort of the first step and really exciting but like you said about it being uneventful haha I know that's what I'll be thinking.

xxx

• Options

Hello ladies,

I had my booking in appointment so I can tell you a bit about what happened at mine. (In Surrey in the UK.) The midwife was really friendly and encouraging. I had to give loads of information about my health history, my husband's health history and anything major in either of our families health-wise. I had to give a urine sample and she took 4 different blood samples from the same veine in my arm. It wasn't really painful. I then had to answer lots of questions on what my current thoughts are on where I want to have the baby (i.e. at home/ at hospital/ birth centre) and I had to give quite a few details of my husband too- i.e. his phone number?!

She then gave me lots of advice on what to eat, what to do when travelling (we're travelling for a month with me 2 months pregnant, so I was quite nervous. All going ok so far except feeling pretty tired) She also talked to me about different antenatal classes and gave me leaflets about the hospital's free ones. She said to book them quite early as they  book up. My current due date is teh 7th March, but my 12 week scan is at the end of August so they'll give a more accurate date then I guess.

I agree with you that it's such a nerve-wracking time. I'm so nervous something will go wrong!

We've told both immediate families and a few close friends. But I'm waiting til 12 weeks to tell friends, our grandparents etc etc. Praying baby C makes it healthily!

Currently in Beijing China and it's so polluted and the food is unfamiliar, really hoping not to harm the baby at all. Trying to be very careful what I eat and I'm taking my pregnancy vitamins etc.

Enjoy your booking in appointments ladies!

MrsC x

• Options

How is everyone feeling? Im starting to feel sick most of the day and so tired.

Mrsc2 glad your book in appointment went well. Still waiting to hear from my midwife x

• Options

thank you for your post mrsc, I'm glad everything went well.  How many weeks gone were you when you had your booking in?

Im still waiting to hear from a midwife too.  I'm hoping it won't be much longer as I'm v impatient and just want to get the ball rolling with things.

Im not feeling too bad but I'm v tired all the time and have started feeling sick throughout the day too,  although its not bad enough to class it as morning sickness yet.  Ive also been getting some slight stomach cramps, back ache and heartburn...I'd never have thought symptoms would start this soon but to be honest I'm glad they have as its starting to make me feel pregnant lol xx

• Options

Thanks for your post mrsc, I've got my booking appointment today, but I'm feeling the same as you mrsB, still no morning sickness but I'm tired a lot more now! Xx

• Options

I hope all goes well lambydibb.  How many weeks are you? Xx

• Options

Hi MrsB image had our appointment today, it went really well, like Sharon said I wasn't really sure what I was expecting lol. my midwife was really nice and calm with me, she could tell I was nervous. Sort of swaying towards a water birth after meeting with her today.

MrsB I'm 7 weeks 3 days image how far are you now? xx

• Options

Aww I'm glad everything went well!  I've also been thinking about a water birth, I'll hopefully be able to discuss it at my appointment.  I'm 5 wks 4 days so not as far on as you.  Im just hoping i hear from the midwife soon with a date for the booking in appointment so I have something to aim towards...it seems to be taking forever for them to get bk to me xx

• Options

Mine shouldn't have been today it was booked for the 8th August. But they brought it forward to today, give it till Monday and see if they get back to you, mine was sent from my doctors let me know when you get it xxx

• Options

I've finally had a call back lol.  They've arranged it for 14th August.  It makes me feel better now knowing I have a date to aim for image  Hope everyone is ok xxx

• Options

Im so jel of everyone getting their booking in appts! My midwife who ever she may be will be so pissed off when i rock up and tell her im how ever many weeks when i get back to the uk x

• Options

Where are you mavi?  When are you bk in the uk?  I wouldn't worry too much, the midwife I spoke to wasn't too concerned about getting me in quickly so that's made me feel a bit more relaxed I think xx