Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in March 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

early scan thread

Morning ladies,  I thought I would start a thread for all of us getting early scans so we can count down together and support each other when we are feeling worried.

My scan is booked for the 3rd August so 11 days to go I should be 7w 3d by then. I have had 3 mmc's in the passed and only found out at the scan so always feel really nervous  before going x

Replies

• Options

ilovemygirls congratulations about your pregnancy yea its good thing to start this as im also nevouse about my scan i already had 2 miscarrieges and i dont have any baby im going to a private scan saturday i will be 8weeks 1 day im praying to god for a healthy bean

• Options

Good luck for Saturday Yogueta. What time is your scan? 

I have had 4 mc's in total but am very blessed to have 3 healthy happy little girls. 

For me the not knowing is worse than knowing that its all over. The not knowing drives me mad. Do you understand what I mean? X

• Options

Good luck girls, I had my early scan on 5th July at 8 + 5, first early scan I've ever had as had no bleeding with dd, it was magical x

• Options

Good luck ladies. Hope the time goes quickly for you. I had an early scan on Saturday and baby measured 7+4 and heard the heartbeat which was amazing. now counting down till the 12 week one! X

• Options

Morning ladies, good luck for  those early scans mines on Saturday too. I'll be 7 + 4.

Also have booking appointment this week, seems earlier than usual though xx

• Options

Aww sending lots of love and best wishes for all your scans ladies. I know how nerve wracking it is as also had a previous mmc which was only picked up on the 12 wk scan. Went on to have a precious baby boy in 2010 but very sadly he died aged 1 day old so I'm almost crippled with nerves this time....3rd time lucky I hope....

Anyway had my scan last Wednesday and all was well, bean had a strong heartbeat image I was  7+1 when I had my scan. Also counting down to my 12 wk scan now.

Tulip, had my booking in the same week when I was 7 wks, also thought that was early but I'm glad I've been seen but makes it a long time until my next mw appointment. Am thinking I'll probably see a consultant before my next mw appt.

Good luck ladies, thinking of you all xxx

• Options

Had my early scan today. We thought we were 6 + 5 but they have dated me at 6 weeks today. Was so tiny (2.5mm) but Got to see it on the screen and we could see it flickering which we were told was the heartbeat and all looked good. we were surprised they even gave us 2 prints... Seeing as you can't see much!!!!

feeling a bit more relaxed now and can't wait for the next 6 weeks to pass for our 12 week scan 

• Options

Tulip Good luck for your scan on Saturday, what time is it?

Congratulations to the ladies who have already had there scans.

I really hope its 3rd time lucy for you sohappy.

10 days and counting,  doing my best to stay positive x

• Options

Congrats n good luck all x

• Options

Ilovemygirls - thanks, scan is at 12

sohappy- hope everything goes smoothly for your pregnancy you have been through so much. Must be so difficult to relax sending you lots of luck xx

congrats on your scan baby-baby

• Options

I've had 2 early scans one at 6+1 where i could see the heart flickering away and measured at 4.09mm and one on tuesday when i was 8+3 where i heard the heart and measured in at 19.53mm. This is my 1st and im super excited for the next scan, normally i can't see much when people show me scan pictures but i was seeing clearly on Tuesday! The OH is being told next time he has to tell the people i want him in to see and hear, it's not the done thing over here for the men to be in on these appointments image

• Options

Aww wow! Congrats babybaby. Thank you ilovemygirls and tulip, that really means so much to me xxx

mavi, your little one is growing well, aww image

take care everyone, fingers crossed for all of us xxx

• Options

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining, I'm 5 weeks on Friday I think, so I will most prob book and early scan for 8 weeks, more reassurance as Ihave had previous miscarriages, just want the first twelve weeks to fly by!!!

• Options

Hi ladies. Aww so nice to hear of the scans that went well. I have mine booked for 10th of August where I will be 7+6 and got doctors calling me next Wednesday  to see about early early scan due to my past. Hopefully that will reassure me as I have no symptoms so am worried out my head

Finger crossed to strong and sticky beans for all of us x

• Options

Hi ladies. 

Mavi glad both your scans have gone well.

Nikkik I know what you mean about wishing the first 12 weeks away. 

Messy fingers crossed its good news on weds and your doc books you a scan.

9 days and counting for me lol x

• Options

Yogueta and tulip good luck for your scans tomorrow,  let us know how you get on x

• Options

Thank you will let you know it goes, feeling a little worried today but hopefully can relax a bit after scan

Good luck Yogueta x

• Options

Hi ladies,

Any news Tulip and Yogueta?

Thinking of you both xxx

• Options

Hi ladies, been for scan today. Was a little disappointed not really feeling all that reassured. I have a tilted uterus so couldnt get picture or accurate dates, baby had a heartbeat which we were able to listen to which was lovely but measuring almost a week behind, although she did say it was really hard to date as poor picture quality. 

Had early scan in previous pregnancy and saw a lot more and dates were spot on.  I'm not going to be able to relax now till next scan in 4 weeks. The person doing the scan didn't seem concerned as there was a heartbeat. X

• Options

Hi hun I have a tilted uterus too so it was difficult to find bubs even with transvaginal at almost 9 weeks. There's a heartbeat that's the main thing so try not to worry xx