Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in March 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sudden-loss-of-symptoms

Ladies, I'm exactly 11 weeks today and up until two weeks ago, I was having all the usual symptoms - sore boobs, sickness, tiredness, strong sense of smell, bad bloating at night... And then overnight it's like someone's flicked the switch and all gone apart from the tiredness. I feel "normal" and not preggers at all. This is my second baby and with my son I suffered bad until week 14. I know every pregnancy is different but I can't shake off the feeling something is wrong.

My scan isn't for another two weeks and its doing my head in not knowing if everything is ok. Hubby thinks its all fine as my body is remembering how to do things from last time and to relax and there's no need to pay £100 for an early scan when it'on just 12 weeks til my NHS one...

How is everyone else feeling now? Anyone else suddenly feel ok and normal again?!? xx

Replies

• Placenta takes over about 11/12 weeks chick so your body isn't having to do all the work any more. Mine went at 9 weeks then came back then went again n I'm 15+1 today. Everything will be fine hun make the most of not feeling crap as chances are you might feel like it again in a few days! X

• Sorry to hear you are worried, I am sure everything is fine but I am a big fan of private scans, I don't think you can put a price on the reassurance. I had a private early scan for ??50, can you find somewhere that does it cheaper? I haven't had many symptoms anyway but I had a week or so of feeling absolutely fine and then this weekend I have been a bit sicky and really tired again. Big hugs and try not to worry too much xxx
  • Hi N30, I have had awful morning sickness with all 3 pregnancies however last week I wasn't sick only retched a few times and felt quite normal until Friday and sickness is back I feel awful and very tired. I think it can be normal for symptoms to disappear. Hopefully as LH old said your placenta is taking over and you can enjoy feeling well. I think if I was feeling worried I would be tempted to go for a private scan too, may be worth looking round as the prices can vary quite a bit. Hope you are feeling ok today xxx

• Aww N30, I agree with the other girls and your hubby but I do know how worrying it all is as I still worry about everything myself as haven't had as many stretching pains as last time but keep thinking logically that that's because it's already stretched lol! I think you need to do whatever you need to do to get some reassurance as to be honest, 2 weeks is a long time when ure waiting. Take care hun xxx

• i wouldn't worry N30 like the others have said symtoms can come and go i was busy telling one of my pregnant friends that i was so happy my boobs wern't hurting anymore then went to undress for bed took off my bra and wasn in pain again! 2 weeks is a long time to wait tho so if it puts your mind at ease then tell your partner you want the scan!

• Thanks ladies, I stupidly googled loss of symptoms and it wasn't pleasant so think it got my mind into overdrive! Bloody google!! A friend of mine who's a nurse also said about the placenta taking over round about now... Thanks so much, reading your responses has definitely calmed me down! Lol I thought being baby no 2 I wouldn't worry so much!!! Obvs not! image xx

• I think symptom loss is more worrying earlier on hon. By 11 weeks your placenta could have tppm over. Apparently this varies from 8-13 weeks so different for everyone so I'm sure that's all it is. Xx

• I definitely wouldn't worry image with my first pregnancy, I remember feeling really sick and then around 10 weeks, it just disappeared and I felt brilliant.

I'm 11 weeks with baby number two and I haven't been sick since Sunday (thank goodness), so I'm hoping the sickness is on its way out!! image

• Hi N30,

I don't want you to worry, but I would get it checked out if I was you. I had a missed mc in April - my symptoms stopped at around 10 / 11 weeks. The scan confirmed that my baby died at 10+5 - roughly when my symptoms stopped imageimage

Good Luck hun x