Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in September 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in September 2014!

Replies

• Options
    Hi HappySurprise. All good with midwife. Tests look clear and I'm fine today so just keeping an eye on it. So many qs to answer!

I've got a little bump starting to display. Definitely not just from me eating constantly tho haha!

Congrats Nicole14- keep my fingers crossed for you xx
  • Options

Hello lovely ladies,

Nicole- welcome to the thread and good luck. I'm sure that everything will go well for you. 7 years seems like ages ago this is a well deserved baby. I know what you mean about the sickness,I'm enjoying it too ha ha

JP2 - glad all is well honey. I've got no problem with teeth brushing,more so with smells or food in general. I hate the smell of smokers image

Angela - know what you mean about the waist he he,mine is a bit wider but I swear I'mgrowing a bump. I've been wearing knitted dresses all week and noticed that it pops out in the evening,little cute bump image I hope I get a big bump soon ha ha   

• Options

Hi ladies,

How are you all?

Judy - I know what you mean I feel like I just look 'fat' at the min, will be nice when it's a proper bump there and not just bloat haha

Well I am 10 weeks today....10 more sleeps till my dating scan, which I can't wait for image I know it's early for us ladies but I wondered if anyone had thought about having the 4D scan done later down the line?  I have been looking online at a local company and it is £120.  I have asked my auntie if I can borrow her disc of the one she had done of my Godson so I can see if I think it's worth having one done or not.  Luckily I will be around 24 weeks when it's my birthday so I plan to ask for money and use that to pay for the scan image I am actually feeling quite good in myself at the minute, the 'feeling' sick seems to have disappeared and I just feel tired and bloated at the minute which I can cope with.

Angela x

• Options

Hey Angela,

Yes,I would like a 4D scan, think they are about 99 quid in Manchester and Bolton. I will go to see the gyno again in April and get another free scan hehe, should be around 20 weeks by then. Not sure what they are going to do about my 20 wk scan cos I will be on holiday from 19 weeks and will be away for almost 3 weeks ;-] 

The sickness is still with me and I'm happy about that,hope it stays until my scan at least. I know I shouldn't yet,but I've been looking at maternity clothes - cannot wait to start buying imageimage

Have you told many people that you are expecting? I've only told our parents and my best friend and a couple of people at work. I don't want my boss to know yet and I want to wait until my preggo coleague pisses off on maternity leave. Cannot stand her at the moment, she's been very funny towards me since I had a miscarriage as she got pregnant soon after. I have been trying hard to talk to her and act normal. I ask about the scans and her appointments but she never even bothers to ask how i'm doing. She knows that we've been struggling to conceive and never bothered asking how I was and she also said straight to my face that she hated me when I got pregnant before her last year. Fancy saying it to someone that miscarried! I really resent her for that, I know I sound bitter but cannot help it. I will buy a bottle of kiddie champagne and celebrate when she pisses off on maternity leave. I told my best friend abouf my colleague and sge said that she was spiteful and vindictive snake and that I should not bother talking to her as shes's just sucking all the good energy aroubd me ha ha Sorry for ranting on! 

xxx

• Options

Hi ladies, I had a scan 2 weeks ago which showed an empty sac measuring 7mm, she said it was in the right place and looked the right size for my dates. I had a re-scan yesterday and the sac was still empty and measuring 13mm. I'm being referred to the EPU as she thinks it's a non viable pregnancy, they will scan me next week, (what a week it's going to be!!)image

I googled all day when I got home in the hope I would find some positive outcomes but not feeling hopeful at all.

I'ts all so unfair!!!imageimageimageimage

• Options

Hi Judy,

Do you think you could ask them to get you in before you go away for the 20 week scan?  Well funnily enough I am going shopping on Saturday as I am just sooo bloated and all my clothes are tight, so I don't know whether to just buy some work trousers in the next size up or buy a pair of maternity ones.  I also need a new pair of leggings as I find I am wearing those more often than anything as they are comfy and my pair has just got an hole in the knee haha.

We have told my mum, nan and grandad and my aunties and uncles as we are a close knit family and they knew we were ttc so kept asking how I was getting on but none of my extended family know and we told my OH's parents, sister and brother.  At work only my line manager and supervisor know at the moment and I plan to tell the world Tuesday 25th after our scan haha.  I am struggling to hide my bloated belly at the moment and scared someone is going to ask me although I don't think anyone would dare just in case I said I weren't and I had just put weight on haha.

Re your work colleague, I think you are totally in the right to feel how you do and can't believe someone would be so heartless to say something like that when they knew you'd had a previous miscarriage.  How long has she left before she leaves?  At least once she goes, all the attention will be on you image I am lucky at the min as no one at work is pregnant or not that I know of anyway!

Carioke - Sorry for my ignorance as I don't really understand but how is the sac growing if there is nothing there?  How far along should you be? So sorry you are having a rough time and hope it's not bad news when you go back next week image

xxx

• Options

The sac can grow without anything developing, it's called a 'blighted ovum' I should be 9 weeks but I ov'd late and got a 1-2 weeks on digi test on cd 36 (4 weeks ago) xx

• Options
    Carioke so sorry what ypur going through hope u can get some answers soon I had someb bleeding this morning I'm 8 weeks today been told I just have to wait & c at the moment so I do understand a bit what u mean about waiting I'm trying so hard to stay optimistic hope we both get a good outcome hun xx
  • Options

Ah I had never heard of that....I now understand what it is as I have googled it!  Hope you get sorted out soon!

Mumofthree - I had some spotting and light bleeding when I was 7+6 which lasted for 5 days.  I had a scan at the EPAU at 8+3 and all was ok.  I know it doesn't stop you worrying but I understand it is VERY common to have some bleeding in early pregnancy.  If it becomes heavy and you get severe cramps then don't hang about, I would get checked out for piece of mind.

I think the whole 40 weeks is going to be a worry if I am honest.  Fingers crossed for you x

• Options

Thankyou Mumofthree, good luck to you xx

• Options

Hi ladies,

Angela - I think I will be able to arrange the scan before I go away. I would suggest you buy some maternity trousers if yours are too tight. You will need maternity ones soon so you might as well image I am also banking on the fact that people won't dare to ask about my little bum - hiding it under knitted dresses at the moment image My tummy was always pretty flat so they will be able to see, but i know they won't be cheeky enough to ask ha ha. As for my colleague, think she's got less than 4 weeks to go and I really cannot wait for her to bugger off. I told my other friend at work that I didn't think that this nasty one deserved to know about my pregnancy cos she obviously does not care because she never bothered asking if I was doing ok. My friend looked at me funny, bet she thought that I was being a bit unreasonable. But hey ho, who cares! I really don't mind that all the attention is on her, I wish her all the best but I want her out of my sight. Like they say, out of sight out of mind ha ha

Mumofthree3 - good luck honey, hope everything is well!

How are the rest of you doing?

xxx

• Options

Morning ladies,

Yes Judy think you are right....my friend is 3 weeks behind me so we are going shopping together on Saturday to get some maternity wear image I agree don't think anyone would be cheeky enough haha.  I only have 4 more working days to do before I can tell everyone as I have tomorrow and Friday off.  Your friend obviously doesn't understand where you are coming from but I totally do and think you are right to feel how you do.

How is everyone doing? x

• Options

Well just rang my docs for results from a swab I had done last week as a result of thinking I had an infection due to bright yellow discharge and also the spotting I had when 8 weeks and they have said they have prescribed me with a course of antibiotics so guess that means I did/do have an infection.  I have had absolutely no itching or soreness down there.....guess my body just accepts pretty much all the rubbish that is going!!  I am just getting over a cold too.

Ah well aslong as baby is protected in there, that's all that matters xx

• Options
    Carioke I hope you get good news at your next scan. The waiting is a killer between scans when there is something wrong / inconclusive.

Mumofthree hope your bleeding is nothing sinister and all is well with your bean xx
  • Options
    I'm doing ok. My symptoms come and go which stress me out! I have another scan next Tuesday where I'm praying all is well as I'll be 9 weeks so the risk of miscarriage will reduce more.

I have already had to get out my maternity trousers as I'm so bloated and constipated that my normal trousers just don't fit!!

I'm wearing hoodies in Work as its a cold office anyway and hides my stomach!

Most of my family haven't seen me in a couple weeks as I have been ill so they haven't been about to see anything!

All being well we won't be announcing to the world after our dating scan I want to wait until I'm at least 16 weeks if not longer bump permitting. Although we are on holiday with the in-laws in March when I'm 13 weeks and I won't be able to lie if I'm asked!! Xx
  • Options

Thankyou anxiousmummy, but I'm prepared for the worst!! my scan is this Fri at the EPU, what a horrible week and weekend I've got to look forward to!! 

good luck when you have your scan! xx

• Options

How are you today Carioke prob same as me!!!!

Things still the same with me going from brown/reddish blood spoke to my midwife this morning I have a scan tom morning so by this time tom i'll know either way if my bean is ok scared doesn't come close hubby is now saying do we try again as we have 3 already & age against us etc  think he thinking of me more not going through this again like I said to him its out of our control I'm hoping for the best but preparing myself for the worst ahhhh it's so hard at times

Wish you all the luck in the world Carioke (and Me)   xx

• Options
    Wish you both all the luck. Carioke probably best your ppreparing for the worst in the nicest possible way as I convinced myself the hospital was wrong and was devastated when they said that there wasn't a baby.

I hope u both hsve tinkers.

Billie I think this will be my last pregnancy regardless of outcome.

9th in 4 years I can't handle it going wrong again.

Blessed with my boy at least xx
  • Options

wishing you all the luck in the world also mumofthree, I will pray for you! I know what you mean about the age thing but I'm not ready to throw the towel in because since coming off the pill in Sept 2011 I never envisaged having to go through this once let alone twice!!  Hubby even said 'third time lucky'!! so at least he's feeling positive! like your hubby he just doesn't want to see me upset so I'll have to try and be strong! at least I'm prepared  this time!!

Anxiousmummy-I can't believe you've gone through it 9 times!!! That's heartbreaking to hear!  hope you're doing well? how are you feeling?

xxx

• Options
    It does also get to the stage of how old is too old I am so grateful for the 3 I have esp being told years ago I might not be able to have any I just really wanted no4 now I'm worried hubby won't want to try again then do I say I'll be too old then I feel selfish esp when people are trying for no 1 or 2 esp u Carioke & anxious mummy & anyone else who desperately want one I wish loads of sticky baby dust to us all xx