Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in September 2014

Welcome to Due in September 2014!

Replies

• Hello everyone! Hope scan went ok mumofthree, and I have everything crossed for u carioke for Friday. I had a small amount of red blood Thursday night, and since then I've been having some cramps, only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm in the bath or laying flat on my back, I had anti d injection Saturday morning cos I'm rhesus negative, so that's been taken care of. I have my scan tomorrow although like most of u I've prepared for the worst, after having my early dating scan with a heartbeat I've been so excited, as I had 2 miscarriages last yr around 6wks preg. By my dates I should be 12wks 1day, but dating scan put me back so I'm 9wks 3days. My friend said the pain could be ligament, but this frequent? Xx
  • Well had my scan there is a baby there & we saw a good heartbeat beating away but they have me at 2 weeks earlier they said all the measurements would be right for their dates I explained how it took being over a week late before I got a def line on hpt & that cbd ones always seemed behind had 1-2 weeks when I thought I was 5 weeks & 2-3 when I thought I was 6 weeks so fc its just dates wrong they don't know why I'm bleeding but said that it's very common to have a hormone boast at around 6 weeks so could be that had more cramps after scan & more bleeding but they said that can happen just hoping our little bean is a stayer & it can give me as many problems to me it wants anyone got a scan pic of 6ish weeks just before/after 6 weeks can seem to get mine to upload xx

• I had mine at 6wks 2days, will c if I can upload for u! Congratulations!! X
  • How can I upload a pic?

• www.photobucket.com download it on their, u will have to make an account then upload photo and it will give u links to copy and paste x

• Hi Carioke

I just wanted to say I am so sorry you are going through this, my thoughts are with you. I don't want to give you false hope, but a non-viable pregnancy shouldn't really be diagnosed until the gestational sac is LARGER that 13mm with no yolk sac. It's probably better for you - emotionally - to prepare for the worst, but don't give up hope. There are countless stories online of women who have been told their pregnancy isn't viable who have gone back a week later for their scan and seen a heartbeat! I know from my own experience that this is possible - at what I thought was 6.5 weeks, I had a scan due to bleeding. The scan showed only a gestational sac and yolk sac, and the sonographer dated the pregnancy at 5 weeks exactly. I knew (due to a not particularly active sex month!!) that this wasn't possible, so it looked like the pregnancy probably wasn't viable. I went back a week later for a follow up scan, fully expecting to hear the worst, and there on the screen was a full blow bean with a heartbeat! The sonographer (a different one) told me the baby had grown 2 weeks' worth of growth in one week - and that growth spurts are perfectly possible at this early stage. I really don't want to get your hopes up without foundation, but don't give up completely just yet. xx

• Oh, and this website may give you more insight - http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/

x

• Hi ladies,

How are you all doing?  Has anyone got their dating scans coming up? 6 more sleeps till mine and I can't wait image Bit nervous as I am current using some vaginal gel for BV and when you look on the internet (I know I shouldn't haha) there is differing stories on whether you should use it or not during pregnancy but my Dr knows about the pregnancy and I trust that she wouldn't prescribe something that would be harmful to the baby and I also know that untreated BV is more dangerous to the baby than treated BV so 3 more days to go of treatment.  I am also going to be asked to be re swabbed in a month's time to make sure it has gone image

Judy - Did you get any pics from your early scan?  Just thought on that I'd not seen you post any?  Are you excited for your scan as I know yours is 2 days after mine?!? I see the MS keeps coming and going?  Mine is the same....I've had a period where I have felt great other than bloating and tiredness but then over the weekend I had some serious cases of dry heaving and sicking 'phlegm' up.  Sorry tmi but I'm just getting over a cold.  I've also started feeling sick when hungry again which is a right pain in the bum as I feel I'm constantly troffing haha although I am eating fruit in between meals image xx

• Hi angwass! My dating scan is today image 2.45! 2 and a half hrs away!!!! So excited but scared at the same time! Dropping the kids off at the mother in laws and she's cooking us dinner and my sister in laws r going round, not to much pressure! Just hope this ones a sticky bean! I'd have thought if it wasn't id have seen some more bleeding by now, it's been 6 days since the small bit I had! Still got cramps but just hoping it's a little fatty and is doing lots of stretching! Has anyone skin really dried out? My legs r really itchy and I have small like eczema patches on my arms, think it's time to invest in a good moisturiser! Xx
  • Hi Stacey,

How exciting!!!  You will have to keep us updated and as you say if it's only a small amount of blood  you have had then no doubt the little bean will be wriggling about on screen image Funnily enough I have noticed dry skin on my face today....it's on my forehead and nose and I mositure every night and every morning.  I also have come out in spots but luckily they are on my back and nowhere else so they aren't on show image

Can't wait to see a picture if you are happy to share xx

• Hi girls

Good luck with the scan Stacey - I'm sure it will all be brilliant, a little bit of blood isn't a concern, especially if it has stopped. 

Ang, I finally got my nuchal scan date through - March 3rd at 3pm. I am soooo excited to see the baby again. According to my last scan, that will put me at around 12+4, so there should be plenty to see by then. 

I had the most amazing experience last night - I ordered a fetal doppler online and it arrived yesterday. As soon as I got home, I tried it out, fully expecting not to be able to find anything (partly because I'm always paranoid something has gone wrong with the pregnancy and partly because the instruction manual said you may not be able to hear anything before 12 weeks) but after a minute or two I found the heartbeat galloping away at 164 bpm. It was SO overwhelming and I feel massively reassured. I can't recommend highly enough getting a doppler if you are a worrier like me and will struggle to keep positive between scans. 

My skin is really itchy and dry on my legs and really spotty on my face, neck and back. Sexy. I've also had a reeeeaaallly weird new symptom start - tinnitus!!! It's really annoying but luckily it doesn't last too long each time. 

xx

• Hello ladies,

Good luck Stacey - it will all go well for you today. Please post a pic if you can image

HappySurprise - oh wow, that is amazing. I would love to try it, but I know that I would panic if i could not find a heart beat. So I've decided to wait it out image

Angela - yeah, I did get a picture, but didn't get a chance to scan it on. I didn't want to get too excited, just in case, if you get what I mean. Glad the sickness is still there image

My scan is on 27th, 2 days after Angela's image I am excited but terrified, still getting the sickness and I am very tired so these must be good signs. 11w +1 today image I've looked at 4D scans yesterday and they are very very expensive. We are going on holiday over Easter so I e-mailed a clinic last night and asked about 4D scans. the lady said that they will do a full check up, 4D scan, DVD and pics for 45 Euros - ha ha jackpot image I will be just over 20 weeks then, it is booked for 23rd April 2014. Maybe I should not be forward planning, but trying to think positive image

xxx

• Oh wow happy surprise thats great about finding heartbeat with doppler. I was in two minds whether to buy one but I know I would panic if I couldnt find the heartbeat so not sure what to do image

Hi Judy - yes I understand what you mean! Thats great news about 4d scan and you do right booking it. Positive thinking is the best way to be image I mentioned the 4d scan to my OH and he said its a waste of money and its 120 pound we could spend on baby when its here but my plan was to use my birthday money as my birthday is in May so that is money to treat myself to something and not money for the baby so I am still going to book one haha and if he doesnt want to come then I will take mum as I know she would love it! I would not spend that money out of our own money as I agree it would be better to spend it on baby. I am hoping he changes his mind once he sees baby on scan tues as tbh we dont really speak about baby much and I think its because he hasnt seen it and therefore it doesnt seem real to him x
  • Yep, I was really in two minds too...but I watched loads of tutorials online and bought a high quality one (about £45 on amazon) so I felt more confident about my ability to find the heartbeat. One idea that might make you feel more comfortable about it is buying one in advance of your scan so that when you've had the scan and you KNOW the heartbeat is there, you can go home and practise finding it safe in the knowledge that it's in there somewhere? Just an idea. I know doctors tend not to like you to have a home doppler for the very reason it makes you panic if you can't find the heartbeat, but honestly I was really surprised at how easy it was to find.

I don't think I will get a 4d scan simply because I don't think they ever look that much like the baby does when it's born and I would really like to have the surprise of seeing my baby's face for the first time when it comes out. 

My husband is just like yours though - I really don't think it's real to them yet at all. My mum always says "A woman becomes a mother the moment she is pregnant and a man doesn't become a father until the baby is born."

xxx

• Didn't really want to spend too much money, I saw a Doppler on Amazon at £18.99.  Who knows I may change my mind and get one after the scan haha.

Wow Stacey that's a very good scan....you can even see what looks like it's little nose and mouth image bet you are a happy bunny right now xx

• Funny u should say happy bunny that's what my hubby's calling it, as when it was laying there he said it looked like a little bunny! Yeah can't stop smiling at the minute, cos when we first got there she couldn't find anything and my heart sunk, then she said to do an internal scan and it showed up, she said my uterus is flipped or something along those lines! Xx
  • Hello ladies, Ive been a little frighten to come on here to soon as I had 3 mc last year. Well I'm 9wks +5days now and had an early scan at 9+1 and all looked good. Maybe just maybe it's time to start feeling a little excited x

• Stacey - great news hun image

Ladies, have any of you ever been treated for urine infection while pregnant? Angela, I remember you mentioned something . . . I should be getting my prescription tomorrow, but I do not trust my GP and am worried that they will prescribe the wrong antibiotics image

xxxx