Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how are we all??

just thought now we have our own forum id ask how everyone is???

Replies

• Hi Puddy!

How are you doing? I'm feeling a little more relaxed after my first Dr appt today - looking to get an early scan booked in now for an extra bit of reassurance! 

Did you ever speak to anyone about your bleeding? Hope it's all stopped now?

• Hey we finally have our own group! All ok - nothing to report really. Poas yesterday to check it's still real and thought the test looked weird but it was only an asda cheapie but then when i looked a bit later the line had gone and the other line was right at the top of the window so decide to pull it apart and there was two very healthy lines it was just the insert bit had slid up the tube!!
  • hi cherry i didnt have any bleeding??

im ok very tiered but not able to sleep i had insomnia with my last dd so looks like im going down that route image

apart from that ive got sore boobs and cant drink coffee but no other symptoms.

got my doc app next thursday when i should be 6 weeks i am counting down the days tbh 

cherry has your doc got you early scan or are you going private??

polly im making my self not poas after last week when i got one negative and ended up peeing on loads im leaving it lol

• Oh sorry Puddy - must have been someone else in our other forum! Must be thinking of your negative test - which is exactly why I'm not doing any more either! Had my official positive from GP yesterday so need to try and relax now! 

No, we're going private - it's my first so am super worried about everything and want to get an early scan just to put my mind at ease a tiny bit. I told my GP about my spotting (in the secret hope that she might refer me to the EPU) but she wasn't at all worried, which is a good thing I guess! 

good job you pulled the test apart Pollydolly!!

• im going to beg my doc for a early scan its one of the reasons ive waited to go and see a doc as she is the better one there and a mum of four so im hoping she will be the most sympathetic!!!

if not we will pay as ive had two mmc il be suprised if she doesnt let me and also ive had a lletz  nearly two years ago so maybe they might want to keep an eye on me because of that??

my oh is desperate to tell everyone that im pg bless him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi all,

I've been so tired this past week and my boobs have been sore and now I'm starting with a cold but apart from that I'm not too bad lol!!!

Cant wait til my 12 week scan. Its hard to believe its real until u can see them on the screen. Ive also had a mmc before I had my DD so it makes you worry. Lets hope the next few weeks go quick for us image xx
  • Puddy I'm sure with your history your GP should be more than happy to refer you for an early scan - especially if you say that you're worried. What's a lletz btw...?

I've just booked my early scan for 10/10 - will be eight weeks exactly!

Sorry to hear about your mmc kimlouise. When is your scan date, and how far along are you?

x

• Hi girls,

So exciting having our own group!

Glad to hear you are all well. I am getting bored of the sickness and a bit scared of becoming a whale... so hungry!!

Less than a week till early scan, getting a bit scared now!xx
  • Hi cherry a lletz is a thing for dodgy cells on smear and takes them away.

I am eating tons at this rate I will be a mammoth mum lol so know how you feel Juliewoo!
  • It is hard to believe its all real, I'm struggling to remember when my symptoms started with DD but apart from feeling very tired and needing to pee more, I've not had much else - not complaining in the slightest but typically it does make you worry! Good luck to everyone who's having an early scan, hope they all go well and show lovely healthy sticky beans. ... Not much happening for me until I see the MW at 10 weeks for my booking in.
  • Hi Cherry,

I haven't got a date for my scan yet. Got my first midwife appointment next week so hopefully I'll have a date soon. I'm almost 6 weeks now.

I had an early scan when I was pregnant with my DD because I started bleeding but everthing turned out fine. They couldn't explain why it happened. Was horrible because I'd had the mmc before I got pregnant again with my DD so I thought it was happening again. Hoping everything goes smoothly this time so will have to wait til my 12 week scan.

Only a couple of weeks til your early scan then. I bet u cant wait especially with this baby being your first image
  • Feel SICK! Ugh image

• I know what you mean about symptoms Teapot - I still wake up every morning and the first thing I'll do is check to see if my boobs are still sore! Apart from being a bit hormonal I don't seem to have any other symptoms image

Another thing which I find strange is I wasn't offered a booking appt when I went to see my GP - she basically said that the next time I see anyone will be at about 13-14wks for my scan. I mentioned a booking appt but she just said no - you'll be contacted for your scan. I'm in Edinburgh - surely the antenatal care can't be that different up here?

x

• ahhhhh red head  yuk big hugs!! 

cherry im not sure i thought that they needed family history ect id check that out maybe phone and ask to talk to a mw.

im worn out me and oh have been away for the night which was awesome but i had to do all the driving as he cant image

my sickness has gone id like it back as its reasurring lol although if i had it id want it gone

xx

• I am exhausted! Up until the past week I'd just been a bit tired really.

This week I'm starving but don't want to eat as I feel queasy, been sick a few times, can't wear a bra past 6pm (just too sore). I'm glad in a way as I was feeling very un-pregnant but didn't want to feel this crappy either!!

I would have thought booking in appt was important. We gave to tick off loads of family history in them, and then you keep them as your notes and at hospital they do the scan print the report and stick it in your notes to take home.