Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello and not sure if it will be goodbye yet!!

Hello lovely ladies, hope you're all well. First off, congrats to you all. 

I am pregnant with my 2nd child, due 29th May. However, I am a bit in limbo. I had to go for an early scan on Weds, eventhough I am only 5 weeks. Unfortunately, I had the sonographer from Hell, who basically told me that it seems that the sac has either implanted too low OR that its actually implanted in my c-section scar, which is really bad, and ultimately both will end in miscarriage. She said it wasn't great. 

However, when i saw the consultant straight after, she was more positive and said we just have to wait and see and I have to go back to see a consulatant sonographer in a week. 

It's awful because I feel so pregnant, I feel sick, my boobs are veiny and heavy, I look 4 months pregnant and just cannot believe that the odds are against me keeping this baby. 

My hormone levels are amazing, they actually went from 1300 to 11,000 in 6 days so... 

I just dont know what to think ANYONE have anything like this? xx

Replies

• hey maddy

when i was pg with dd no 3 i went for an early scan due to history of mmc. i thought i was 7 weeks.

got there and they couldnt see anything and told me it could be eptopic,took my bloods and i went back 48 hours later for more bloods my hormones didnt go up enough so was told it most likely was eptopic 3 days later i went for another scan to find out which tube she was in and hey presto there she was in the right place with a little flickering!! she is now three!!

if i was you id try and relax if cosoltant isnt all doom and gloom.

good luck and keep us posted. xx

• Hi, can't help really but just wanted to say hope all goes well next week and everything goes much more positivly - I often think our bodies tell us more than any dr or scan so fingers crossed all your symptoms are a good sign x
  • It must be very worrying for you, please try and relax. I always like to think that things happen whether we worry or not so try not to dwell on it and I hope when you go back you get good news xxx
  • Hey guys, so I went for my scan today and there was a little heartbeat. I couldn't believe it. I saw the consultant who confirmed that the baby was implanted very low down, but luckily not in my c-section scar. So I have to go back in 2 weeks to see how we're doing. If it's still too close then I may have to terminate as the risk to me is great, or it may naturally end in miscarriage. 

I guess I will just have to wait and see!! Thanks for your support xxx

• Thanks for updating us Maddy. Love seeing that little heartbeat! Fingers crossed beanie hitches up a bit x

• Keep us posted maddy, hopefully next scan will show some movement upwards xx

• That's good news, I hope it continues that way xx
  • glad today went well and fingers crossed for good news at the next scan x