Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scary experience :(

Hi ladies,

Hope you're all doing well.

I've had a bit of a rough time of it this weekend! I had a really heavy bleed yesterday morning. It started during sex (sorry, I know there's no such things as TMI on here!). I then rushed to the bathroom and it all came as a bit of a gush - think I must have lost about half a cup in one go.

I obviously got myself into a right state, and called Triage who told me to come in straight away.

I was scanned as soon as I got in and thank god baby was ok - strong heartbeat and kicking away etc. But the thing that worries me and that leaves me feeling somewhat unreassured is that neither the sonographer, midwife or the Dr I seen could explain or see any reason for the bleed. Surely such a large amount would point to something?

Luckily we have our booking scan on Tues anyway so will hopefully be able to see baby is still ok then, but I still can't help worry about what may happen image

Sorry for the long post! I just wondered if any of you ladies have heard of similar or experienced something like this yourself? 

Guess I'm just looking for some reassuring words to get me through to Tuesday! (Please be honest though!)

x

Replies

• I have known of people to have bleeding like that and everything be fine. I'm glad your scan was ok and it's good you'll get another in the week to reassure you.

From my experience they just don't know everything about why sometimes ladies bleed etc. I guess it's a complicated time for our bodies and we're all different.

Huge hugs xxx
  • At 15 weeks with my first pregnancy I was out shopping and suddenly thought I'd pee'd myself coz I felt soaking. I went to the toilet and saw so much blood. It was down to my knees and I would guess would have been more than a large cup full.

I totally thought I'd lost her and got scanned straight away. There she was jumping around inside me. They explained it as a sub chronoid haematoma which had suddenly burst. No harm to baby. I was very anxious after that until my 20 week mark. All was well the rest of the pregnancy and I never bled again. If it were to happen to me this time is like to think if be less worried coz I know these things can happen and baby is fine. Xx
  • Thanks ladies.

I have read up that its normally due to a heamatoma, but they didn't even mention that, which is why I'm still pretty worried.

Will hopefully feel better after our scan tomorrow!

x

• Hiya ,

Happened to my friend last year, 2 days before her 12 week scan , was shopping n had a large bleed , scan revealed a perfectly healthy happy baby bouncing away , she is now 8 months old , bleeding is scary but it doesn't alwys mean the worse , try not to worry hun , good luck for tomorrow , let us know how you get on x x

• Oh Hun, can't offer any advice but can understand why you were so scared but great that baby seems to be fine and you have another scan to doubly reassure you tomorrow - I have my scan tomorrow to so will be thinking if you x
  • Thanks Evemum - will let yous know how it goes.

Good luck with your scan today Teapot! image

x

• How was your scan today cherry cracker? Hope everything went well x
  • Hi!

Sorry for not updating sooner!  The scan went perfect - baby's doing great! And also grown a whole 5mm in just three days!

Thanks for all your support ladies image

How did your scan go Teapot??

x

• Fantastic news Cherycracker!

• Brilliant news hun, glad all is well. My scan went well too, thankfully just the one in there and with a good strong heartbeat. He/she was being a monkey though so couldn't get the neck measurement or a good profile pic as they kept looking at us, which was a bit spooky image all good though and my dates have gone from the 25th (my thoughts) to the 27th (midwife calculation) to now the 23rd on the scan - so I might have some chance of this being a May baby image x

• Aw so glad it went well Teapot! How cute about your little one looking at you though! 

I was given the 23rd as my due date during my scan too, so we're due on the same day! image 

Have just ordered myself a Doppler (don't know if it was a wise move or not!), so looking forward to that coming - not really feeling pregnant at the minute so will be nice to have that little reminder! 

X

• Yey to being due on the same day image ... Hope your Doppler has arrived and it'll help give some reassurance x
  • Both times me and my partner have tried intercourse i spotted. Now i no my blood group is negative b if i see any blood i need to get the anti d injection everytime now im 21 weeks which tbh is not worth the risk so ive told my boyfriend sex is off for now lol xx