Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello. Please can you help us at BX HQ? How can we make the Chat forums better?

Hello everyone.

We're looking at lots of ways we could improve the BabyExpert Chat forums – and we'd really like your help!

Please do come and post here, and tell us what you like about BabyExpert Chat, and what you'd like to change, if you could.

It can be anything from the way Chat is organised to how easy (or hard!) you found it is to register, post for the first time, change your profile etc etc.

We'd love to hear your feedback, good and bad. It will help hugely as we try to make Chat a better and more user-friendly place for you all. Thanks!

Replies

• Hi Helen

The only thing I have noticed using the forums this time (compared to with my first pregnancy a few years ago) is that there seems to be a lot of misposting?

I think when threads appear on the right of the screen people click on them and reply to them but don't realise they are in the wrong birth buddies forum etc.

Obviously it's nice to talk to everyone, but in the birth buddies part you sort of expect it will always be someone at a similar stage to you so experiencing the same etc. Just can be a bit confusing when a reply is not what you expected.

• That's interesting, MrsP. Thank you. We'll have a look and try to work out what's going on - and what's making people misunderstand/click on the wrong threads.

Do please keep the feedback coming. It's all v useful!

• A due in August and september forum would be great x

• Hello ilovemygirls - we hear you!

Unfortunately, a Tech glitch means we're unable to make those forums at the moment - which is very annoying.

We're on the case, though - and will get it sorted as soon as we possibly can.

In the meantime, I think the Due in Sept girls have already started a thread here (if that's any good to you).

Thanks so much for posting. Please keep the feedback coming!

• An app would be good and making it easier to post pictures, especially from your phone.
  • Thanks Teapot.

Could you help us a bit more by explaining why an app would be better?

And what makes it hard to post pics from a phone right now?

We're pretty sure we know the answers but it'd be good to hear from you guys about these things - just in case we're assuming the wrong thing!

• Hi Helen

My phone doesnt let me add photos. I have an iphone so thought it would.

When i go on my ipad i can then upload one into a converstation but it still doesnt let me change my profile photo. Instead im stuck with this cartoon girl and also it wont let me add a signature at the bottom showing how far gone i am image

Would be great if this got sorted. I got told by a member on this site you can only do all this on the laptop but i dont have a laptop anymore as now adays its tablets majority of the people use x
  • i know they are easy to ignore but all the advertising posts i believe there are lots at the moment to do with kitchens!!! 

i know you can report them and i do every now and then mainly if they are offensive or trying to pray on people wanting so much to fall pregnant. but it would be a full time job to report them all lol!!!

• Ahh puddy i always see them on here. The worst one i came across was one about are you wanting a termination!
  • Hi Haleigh: really sorry for not responding to your comment earlier. I've been away and it's taking me a while to catch up!

We DEFINITELY hear you about being able to put up picture using mobile devices (you're right that you can do this on a desktop device, like a laptop, already). It's number 1 on our To Do list.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do report any horrible spammy kitchen/termination/whatever posts whenever you see them. It means we can get rid of them much more quickly.

• Hi puddy. And yes, arrrrrrrgh at all the kitchen spam!

It's driving us nuts.

It would really really help if you (and others) could report any spam like this you see. As we said to Haleigh in our last post, reports help us find and delete the spam much more quickly.

So please do report away, as much as you possibly can. We'd be ever so grateful.

• Could we have a Live chat on here too would be nice especially when your up during the night with worries or you just can't sleep with all the worries or lovely hormones during pregnancy that make it hard to sleep lol I'm no longer pregnant now but just though it would be nice for all the other ladies who are image x

• Thats a good idea Laura!

I know theres inbox but when I'm on my phone i cant start a new inbox with someone unless they did me and i always think at times on the wall threds you can end up having a long convo with someone on someone else's that isn't about their original question xx
  • I like the idea of a live chat. Would probably make the site busier... but what effect would that have on forums? X oops gatecrashing AGAIN. Sorry... was just being nosey lolol. Off nowimage x
  • Hello, hello! Thanks for your posts, LauraTaylor2, Haleigh and Samantha.

Arf at your 'noseyness', Samantha!

We'll definitely have a think about the Live Chat idea. Did you mean just 1-on-1, LauraTaylor2 - like a sort of instant messaging?

In the meantime, we could set up an Anyone Else Up? thread for all your middle-of-the-nighters, so you could have a special place to chat in the wee hours. Sound like an idea? If you, I might even come and join you... image

Haleigh: you should be able to PM/inbox anyone you like from your phone - even if they haven't PM'd you first. Just hit the hamburger icon (the four pink lines at the top right of your screen), then the white arrow next to your name. Then tap on My messages and +New message and off you go...

• Yes you could have a 1-2-1 chat or a chat room were a few people can chat together? x