Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Girls Names

Hi ladies

We have (I think) agreed on a name for our little pink bump.  We both like Lexi.  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and people will say you should call her Alexandra, Alexis blah blah blah and call her Lexi for short as she will need a more grown up name for when she is older etc etc but we don't like any of the longer names!

We are having trouble coming up with a middle name to go with Lexi, any suggestions?  My DD is Isla Grace and our surname is Rault.  The only one I have come up with that I like is Sophia at the moment.

Replies

• Lexi is fine the way it is Hun. Lexi Olivia is one of our short listed names. Lexi Amelia sounds nice. Lexi Mae? Lexi Marie? X

• It's really hard trying to come up with names that close friends/family don't already have.  Olivia and Mae are out as they are the middles names of my nieces. I did think of Marie as that is my middle name.

• I agree, every name we come up with has been used already by her friends or family. Marie is my middle name too image Sophia is nice. 

• Paige is nice... Lexi Paige Rault or Noelle is nice.. Lexi Noelle Rault. Just some suggestions

• I like Rose but not sure if it goes with your surname, sorry wasn't sure of the pronunciation ... Mae is nice too x
  • We went for Lexie Amelia in the end. I keep calling her Caitlin Mae tho lol cuz she looks just like her big sis did as a baby x

• I like May/Mae, but Marie is nice too - especially as it's your name too.

Stuff what 'people' say, it's not their choice! That's why I never tell anyone our shortlisted names as I don't want people giving me their opinions.