Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Organised?

Hi girls, So time is starting to fly! Now 24 weeks and am yet to buy anything. I am a bit reluctant to get bits in case I jinx anything but at the same time don't want to rush around like a crazy person with a few weeks to go. How organised is everyone? What are you looking at first? (Sorry if I sound completely clueless)xx

Replies

• I'm 25 weeks today.  This is my second so pretty organised as have most of the stuff I need from first time around, just need to do a massive Boots shop and get all the nappies, cotton wool balls and pads etc for me now.

How are you feeling, am being constantly jabbed in the ribs by my little bundle of joy!

• Aldis are doing a baby and toddler event on thurs bet there'll b some right bargains x

• I'm 22 week's and am getting there I've got a few bits keep getting a few bits every month. Will def go aldi on Thursday. Also being kicked all the time lol xx
  • Defo check out amazon subscribe and save for nappies and wipes - our standard nappy cost is around 10p/nappy with the discount on there and it is rarely beaten by supermarkets own brands or promotions. The only thing that has beaten it for price so far has been half price Aldi's own!! Defo worth remembering and they deliver so minimum hassle!

• Hi girls, 

We are going over to KiddieCare on Saturday to try and get a better understanding of everything baby! Being a first timer it's all a bit daunting!

I'm well thank you Imcare. You? We are quite close together. I am 25 weeks on Wednesday! Baby is spending quite a lot of time up by my ribs too although not feeling masses of movement due to position of my placenta. How are your bumps looking. I feel huge already!xx

• My little lady has just moved up so I'm looking bigger as my bump is starting higher up now lol I love kiddiecare and used it before it got huge hope you have given yourself loads of time last time we went we spend nearly 3 hours just looking at prams!
  • I'm good thanks julewoo.  Everyone keeps telling me my bump is tiny but to me it's huge.  I was small first time around though so guess I just don't carry the fluid that some do as I'm not exactly a skinny minnie!

• Not in the least bit organised!

Got nappies (cloth), pram, cot, bedding and a fair bit of neutral clothes from last time. Got most of it down from the loft and when the weathers a bit nicer will wash everything - I like to see the little things hanging on the line.

So far this time we've only bought a few vests. Will also buy some new neutral sleepsuits specially for this baby. Have had moses basket & stand bought for us (borrowed last time) and also having cloth wipes bought for us this time.

Want a new pram but hubby says it's unnecessary... so apart from a few clothes & muslins there's not a lot for me to be doing!

• You are doing better than me MrsP. We went to Kiddie care but think I came out more confused than when I went in!!x
  • Lol! When I was pg with Matilda we went to kiddicare, spent ages wandering around and came out with nothing! I think there's so much choice it makes it hard sometimes!

• wow hearing how orgnaised some of you ladies are i need to get a move on lol i got a cot and a car seat and thats it lol i have got giving a few things like some cloth nappies which i prob wont use unless feel energised to and some blankets and a few small toys but i waiting till after my baby shower which is in 3 weeks to see what i get there and then go and get a few more if i need. but its coming up soo quick i'm 28 weeks on friday and i'm like oh crap its coming up fast and i probably having a c section at 37 weeks due to a liver issue with me not big issue but enough they wont let me go past 37 weeks which brings it down to only 9 weeks to go soo not ready lol