Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling huge!

Hi ladies, 

I hope this doesn't upset or offend anyone! I know some ladies love their bumps and I look at other peoples and think 'how cute!' but just don't feel that way about my own!

I'm 28 weeks now and feel huge. I don't think it helps that one of my close friends is 30 weeks and is tiny! I have the midwife on Monday and she is going to measure me for the first time and I'm worried she is going to tell me I'm enormous!

I know there is nothing anyone can really say. Anyone else feel like this?x 

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I was exactly the same. I was all bump and from the back u culdt tell i was even preg ! I felt really guilty saying that my bump was annoying me and was uncomfy!! But everyone is diff. Dont feel bad ! And my midwife measured my bump and told me he was perfect size all the way through and i had a 9lb 8oz baby so take it with a pinch of salt lol

• Options

Erm... I've been told a couple of times 'I think there's two in there and they've missed one!' Can't people keep their comments to themselves! 

I am enormous though, seem to be growing at daily rate! Don't worry about the MW measuring you, when you lie down it sits differently and bump measurement is not an exact science. In my first pregnancy, my MW referred me as being 'large'. In the hospital the consultant refused to scan me and said I measured fine... and when she was born 2 weeks late she was 8lb3oz so not massive at all!

• Options
    Julie, is this your first? I ask because I feel very similar to you and this is my first. I'm not as far along as you, but am finding my size a little disheartening.

The people around me have been wonderful actually, it's all in my head. I knew I would get bigger obviously, but I guess I wasn't prepared.
  • Options

Hey girls. 

Thank you for your replies. It is my first and I know its all in my head but it's nice to hear that I am not a completely on my own. Sarah, people aren't always careful with there comments. I'm sure you look beautiful!

I was measured this week and measurements are fine so I guess I will just have to get my head around it! 

Hope you're all feeling well.x