Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Names

Is everyone sorted for baby names?

We can't decide on a middle name and its driving me crazy!

Replies

• Options

i have a boys name picked already and im only 10 weeks, i know its a bit early to have names but after my history i like to have a name, but if its a girl id have no idea x

• Options

Yeah i have her full name ready to go lol Sarah hun this is the due in May section think uve clicked on the wrong bit lol. xx congrats on ur pregnancy image xx

• Options

We have a few shortlisted for boy & girl, but I don't like to tell anyone because I don't like opinions lol! Once we give the name to a baby it's tough luck & people can't really say anything, whereas if they know in advance they can ruin a name for you lol!

MIL ruined a couple of names we liked first time round by calling them 'hooker names'. After that we didn't talk about names at all any more!

Last time I didn't even think about middle names till after she was born, but if it's a boy it will have the same middle name as dad as all the first boys have the same middle name in their family.

• Options

Hiya , not due til June but like MrsP3 said people will always have an opinion but it takes a brave person to say they don't like the name you've chosen once lo is here , if you like it that's all that matters , our lo has 3 middle names as couldn't decide n tried to keep a few family names going , didn't think we would have any more , have used all the good names on youngest so having to think of more good choices for this 1 - think we have a few , see what s/he looks like once s/he's here x x good luck x x 

• Options
    Yes me and boyfriend have chosen a name image we thought of it when i was about 12 weeks. Its a double barrelled name though (i think thats what its called lol) and cant think of a middle name.

People have said to me why have you chosen a name already as when shes born she might not look like someone to have that name. Which to me i sorta get but i think its daft! Weve chosen it and thats what shes having! Lol x
  • Options

Haha , I know what you mean ,but my middle dd was going to be Jessica , didn't look anything like a Jessica , so ended up as something else , also ds didn't look like the name we had chosen so ended up as something else , we knew the sex of last dd (the only 1 we found out for ) n she was always going to be a Lily Rose , n it suited her perfectly,  , not quite so sure about this 1 though , got a boys name decided but not def for a girl yet x x 

• Options

Sorry il leave didnt know it was only for people due in MAY

• Options

Laura hun we all cross over forums chick I've had my baby but am always lurking in the pregnancy n due in forums....

my mum said she didn't like the name Lexie as it sounded too eastendersy, we called her it anyway, Lexie Amelia and it suits her beautifully. When we announced her birth she says oh she's beautiful and that's a beautiful name, bit of a change of heart lol, we really struggled, picked her name whilst I was in theatre bein stitched up after my c-sec lol x

• Options
    I'm going for Chloe at the moment if its a girl. That might change depending if I take a liking for another name. Xx
  • Options
    Oops just realised I gatecrashed. I normally just sort by latest posts. Best way on my phone I like the TTC am I pregnant poats best. Especially when pics of tests are posted. Im off now, sorry girls image
  • Options
    im always snooping and commenting on other threds that arent related to me image

I always think it can help others out as someone like Sarah who is in first trimester might want to no something shes worried about and because im in my third id want to help as i could have gone through the same thing when i was at her stage

I love the name Amelia. If i ever have another girl thats what i would want to call her image x
  • Options

I didn't mean it that way.... i just ment incase she hadnt realised that was all. 

Why would it bother me about pple posting in this section if they not due in may i just thought she may have not realised. Sorry image