Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had the baby :)

Well i went into labour Friday night about half 6 id been feeling funny that night having braxton hicks and felt weirder in the morning and i had a fair bit of 'show' when i went the loo phoned the midwives they werent concerned so i just carried on as usual, come to about half 6 went the loo an i had a show of the mucus plug an my waters went then, i came into hospital had very short but very painful contractions and had Anoushka at 11.07pm by natural delivery no stitches a small graze an i couldnt have been happier with the way it went especially as i was so worried, an im so glad i didn't opt for an elective c-section!

We are currently in the hospital because she was born premature at 35 weeks but luckily she wasn't put into a special care unit or anything but something they now call the transition stage were they are too little to go home but not poorly enough to be put into special care.

I just thought id let everyone know image

Oh and she weighed 5lb 5oz and a half so not bad considering she was exactly one month early image x

Replies

• Options
    Omg congratulations hun!! Glad you and baby are ok image

You reckoned you would be a bit early as well but im sure it was just by a week! Lol

Im so jealous image i cant wait till next month arrives for me. How long is she having to stay in Hospital for?xx
  • Options

Thank you hun, 

Try and enjoy this time to urself though and i know it's hard and you do just want to meet them an cuddle them an know they are safe but u also miss ur sleep! lol. Im hoping now ive changed her from breastfeeding to bottle feeding she will be much happier because it was driving me mad she was on me constantly only having a 3 hour break the midwives wouldn't let me have a break until this about 12am this morning were upon she threw up an settled back down after some bottled milk an she has been settled since! So im hoping and fingers crossed it's gonna be a bit more smoother for me now. 

I dont know if im going home later on or tomorrow fingers crossed tonight! lol. Im sure you will be fine hun image xxx She seems to be waking up so ill catch you later hun xx

• Options

Oh wow congratulations.  Glad you are both ok x

• Options

Congrats hun x

• Options

Congratulations! Wonderful news, I'm glad all is well. 

X x 

• Options

congrats hun!!!

xx

• Options

Thank you everyone we're still in the hospital and we're going home tomorrow image x

• Options
    Ahh is baby going home as well? image bet you cant wait to sleep in your own bed image i hate hospitals lol xx
  • Options

Yes she is, there is no way on this earth id leave the hospital without my little one i would refuse to move! lol. 

I am and im not because for some reason u do get used to being in hospital u get ur meals cooked for you an midwives to take for an hour of a night if you need it, an u dont panic as much because u have professionals to ask anything to on tap lol. But then u do miss home, miss ur bed an want to get ur own routine going! Im just nervous because this time i have my son to look after as well. Although my partner is great in helping i still feel i have to do most things thats what mum does and i feel bad as if im asking too much lol. But im sure i will be fine and im hoping to be home my lunch time tomorrow image x

• Options

Wow! Congratulations! Wasn't expecting any birth news yet!! Looking forward to seeing lots more 

• Options

Wow! Congratulations! Hope you are both settling in at home now image xxx

PS love her name!

• Options

Thanks everyone image Yeah we came home yesterday Anoushka was a little unsettled but touch wood shes doing great and has only lost an ounce since her birth so im made up shes now 5lb 4oz an she was 5lb 5oz and a half. 

It just feels weird now that it's all over an im kinda missing my bump already but im also made up to have her an i cant believe how much i love her an im made up as i was terrified of getting post natal depression again, im gettin the odd feelings of weepyness but thats standard baby blues an im more happy weepy than sad or wanting to isolate myself like last time. 

I just wish it could have been like this with my son but im made up its not happened this time. I wonder who will be the next to go, i hope you all have a straight forward time like i have image xxx

• Options
    Glad everythings ok image

I love the name as well. So unusual which i really like image

Same i wonder who will be next image im getting more and more excited to meet mine image xx
  • Options

Thank you, her dad chose it as we wanted a name that was unusual and i love it might not b to everyones taste but id rather have an unusual name to be honest lol. 

Aww i bet u are an its weird cos u have this image in ur head as to what u think ur baby could look like an then wen u meet them its weird! lol But lovely weird image xx

• Options

Lovely news hun , good weight too , love the name , reminds me of Baboushka ( or however it's spelt ) by Kate Bush , exciting , were you early with your 1st ? omg , I'm 30 weeks tomorrow , could be any one of us really soon , so pleased all is well n you're back at home already , enjoy every minute x x 

• Options

ooh lovely, congratulations hun, I came on wondering if anyone had had their bundle of joy early - glad she's doing well and was a good weight for 35 weeks. Lovely name too ... I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and could quite happily have this baby now - except for having absolutely nothing prepared lol xx

• Options

Congrats LauraTaylor!

Lovely to hear you and Anoushka are safely home. image

• Options

Evemum24 yeah i was hun i went into labour 37+3 had him 37+4 an it was a 13 hour labour. Anoushka was exactly a month early her DD was 4th May i had her 4th April! and it was a 5 hour labour. Yep it can be any one of you, i dont get why they say you never go early with your first because yes u do lol. 

Just try an remember to enjoy it, i know it can be hard because your in pain/discomfort but once it's over u want to do it again an its so exciting an magical image I wish i could do it again with Anoushka because after such an horrendous time with my son it was so nice to have such a positive birth story an experience to share image so if any of you have had an horrendous time with ur last birth then please try an not worry i wish i hadnt! lol x

• Options

I know exactly what you mean , I can honestly say I have enjoyed all of my labours , painful - yes , but such a magical experience , have been about a week early with 3 of mine but 2 were induced so we shall see , a lovely weight too, 3 of mine were under 6lb n they were at term , hope you're getting some sleep hun , bet she's gorgeous , what does ds think of her - taking much interest or not ? , hope you're taking it easy when you can  x x  

• Options

Here she is image xx