Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

preeclampsia :(

Been diagnosed with preeclampsia so looks like I'm being induced in the morning!! Bit scared to say the least!

Replies

• Ahhh no

Hope all goes ok hun. How far are you? Im sure you and baby are both in safe hands. Ive been in hospital a couple times with suspected early pre eclamsia and need to go back next week to talk to a consultant regarding a birth plan xx good luck n keep us updated xx
  • Good luck hun x

• Teapot I'm sorry to read this but you are in the best place.

Good luck for tomorrow.

As soon as you have your baby in your arms the pre eclampsia will fade into a memory.

Rest lots and know it will be over soon. Xx
  • Sorry to hear that hun , I had suspected pe when I had my 1st n was induced , was quite quick , but other girls took a few days , hope all goes well , n like tulip says all will be forgotten when you have your beautiful baby in your arms , good luck , keep us posted if n when you can , thinking of you x x 

• Just catching up. Hope all has gone well? Thinking of you xx

• Ooh me too. Hope you are feeling ok sweetie.

I'm secretly hoping your absence means baby has arrived safe and sound. X
  • Sorry for the late update but he is here! After starting the induction on Sat morning, having been admitted on Friday night, he finally arrived at 3:07pm on Monday 5th ... Despite having every induction method thrown at him it was finally the hormone drip that got him moving and i think through sheer bloody mindedness more than anything I managed to avoid an epidural (which is what caused me to be so ill with my first delivery) ... Anyway little Blake Alexander weighs a dinky but good 6lb 3oz, we've had some feeding issues and he's been under lights for jaundice because of a blood mismatch and the anti-e thing but we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed that his next bloods tonight will show he's well enought to go home tomorrow ... Here's hoping! Hope all the other May ladies are getting on ok? x
  • Congratulations, glad you are both doing well and hope you get home tomorrow x

• Congrats hun x

• Congratulations image xx
  • Hooray! Congratulations!!
  • Glad all went well , congratulations , hope you are at home n resting up now x x 

• Congratulations! Xxx

• Congratulations! Hope you are both home & settling well now xx