Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006

06 Babies continued...…. (MFM)

Replies

• LOL Lucy enjoy your SEX talkimage Let us know if you find out any new positionsimage

Is that posh talk for Ann summers?

It's scary isn't it Zoeimage But yeah we will all be going through it the same, except Simone as Jessica is a Nov baby, so she wont start school till 2011.

• LOL!! Posh for Ann Summers!! Lucy you do make me laugh!!image

How are you all doing, it seems so long since we have caught up properly. I've got Jack's Christmas fayre this Friday. James is going to leave work early as there is little/ no work on at the moment and he has got holidays still to take before the year is out!! We have already bought some raffle tickets and no doubt we'll be buying other things as well once there. We didn't go last year so it will be nice to go this time.

Have you got a date through for your boys school's Christmas fayre?

xx

• Yep, Daniel has a mini fayre after school on the 5th Dec and Aarons is on the 6th. They have santa's grotto at Aaron's school.

Have funimage

It does seem ages, though we did have out coffee morning last Thursday. Looking forward to seeing pics of you all glammed up this weekend. Is it an overnighter?

• If it was just me and James then we would have booked a room in the hotel and stayed over but we are going with another couple ( the C in JC stoxpics and his wife) and he has offered to drive so at least this way we can both have a drink and enjoy the night.

I will let you see some pics of the night, afterall I have been going on about it!!

LOL!! I know we had our coffee morning but it seems like such a long time ago, probably with us being ill the days just seem to have got lost somewhere!! image.

Will you have to provide anything for the boys fayres? Our school asks for tombola prizes in exchange for non uniform day (again) on Friday and if possible they like homemade cakes to sell as well. I have got a tombola prize but I am not baking a cake, not now I have my false nails on!! Next year I'll make up for it, promise!!

Have a good week, xx

• Zoe, that has really made me laugh, with you not baking because of your false nails. Thats so funny, but I can see your pointimageimageimageBesides, cant be very appetising biting into what seems like a choc chip, but is actually a nail that came pinging offimageimageimage

We have to try to sell raffle tickets, but I usually just buy them all, as all my friends are in the same boat and it's pointless asking my family as I hardly see them. I never win thoughimage

Have a good day at work. We are off to see Simone and Jessica, Chat later xxx

• LOL at the fake nails and the Ann Summers comments.. although not so keen on the thought of biting into a choc chip which turns out to be a nail image

Was quite an amusing evening - felt sorry for our male waiter who kept coming in during dodgy bits of the talk!! Very interesting though image Shame I wasn't on the wine!!

Lucy - how can you not win if you buy ALL the raffle tickets??! Or do you only have a few to sell?

Zoe - would love to get my nails done as they're growing at a rate of knots at the moment, but as no fancy do's to go to, got my nail file out last night and did my best!! I bet you're excited about Saturday - hope you have a lovely time and take lots of nice pics! What does James do for work?? Is nice he can leave work early for the fayre.

I have managed to get myself this afternoon, tomorrow and thursday off which is great image It was sposed to be a full week, so not sure how I've managed it, but very glad of the break as will be starting in the hospital next Wednesday where there won't be any sitting down during the day image

hope you're all having a nice day, i am intrigued as to what was edited on Lucy's message above..

• LOL Lucyimage I'm afraid it was me repeating myself. Nothing exciting.

Fab that you've managed to get yourself some time off. I meant that I buy all the tickets that Aaron brings homeimage And guess what,? not sure we will be going back to that soft play place where we met up, ( wont mention the name for libelous reasonsimage) as there was a mouse running around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simone and I left pretty sharpish!!!!!image

Might catch you later tonight xxx

• image thought you were being very unlucky buying all the tickets and not winning hehe!

been home all afternoon, but it's been freezing outside so stuck inside.. what do you guys get up to with your little ones when you're at home?? have been doing lots of colouring and playing with toy cars and his garage, but after a while ben got bored and now cbeebies is on image

i think tomorrow i'm just going to brave the weather and wrap up warm and take him out somewhere!

is quite funny there was a mouse at that place!! did the little ones see it??!

• No it was a very speedy little blighter! Besides, Katelin was far too busy having a paddy on the floor to see itimage

I have to confess I am always pottering around  going from one chore to the next when we at home all day. I am trying to make more of an effort with her as I know my days are numbered.

• image a mouse!! I wouldn't return either. Did you tell them about it before leaving??

Lucy, James works for Rolls Royce repairing aeroplane engines. They have just announced there WILL be redundancies early next year so we are keeping our fingers crossed that James is ok. There is no/little work on at the moment and James still has holidays left so it makes sense to take them.

I've had a bad end to the day at work today, I went out to help on reception after finishing in the surgery and had a argumentative patient on the other end of the phone for 10 mins!! image I stood my ground as I know my stuff, I don't think she liked that!! So i'm  just doing dinner and then I'm going to have a glass of wine tonight.

xx

• Sorry to hear you had a bad end to your day.. Sounds like you deserve a nice glass of wine! Some people can be so rude..

Sounds like a cool job.. Shawn used to be a pilot (long story) so is obsessed with planes, and my little bro has just done his first year as a commercial pilot.. He's living in Austria at the moment and his company is about to be taken over by Lufthansa, so at the moment he's not sure they'll renew his contract after February.. Think it's a pretty tough time in the industry at the moment, fingers crossed James' will be okay.

Was listening to Jeremy Vine on radio 2 on the way home at lunchtime which thoroughly depressed me.. Don't have much faith in this government's economic policy with 2.5% VAT cuts and giving 60quid to pensioners which is going to cost a bomb - and how much help is that really going to be?? image not keen on paying any more tax in the next few years as finding things hard enough as it is! Had a couple come in to see me the other day and the bloke was complaining of back pain - he was 29.. when i told him he'd be better off buying anti-inflammatory gel over the counter rather than paying for a prescription his girlfriend piped up '' ooh, we don't pay for prescriptions'' - made me really cross!! image cos basically, we're probably paying for their sodding prescriptions instead..

Sorry, for the rant.. maybe I should go and open some wine too image

Do you have any good suggestions for entertaining two year olds when stuck indoors??

• Hi Lucy,

image Don't get me started, I get so angry!!!!!

As for entertaining two year olds it depends what you are like. Play doh keeps Charlotte entertained for hours but she plays on the kitchen table while I'm preparing and making dinner I know a lot of people don't like play doh but I find it has it's place. If I do painting with her I'm there two as it's dangerous to let her loose!!!!! Also she loves sticking things so they are all things I know will occupy her for a while if we are having to stay in. Baking is also a good one. Something as basic as pastry so they can roll it, cut out shapes and bake it in the oven (not suitable for eating though image) . I hope I have given you some ideas.

xx

• Thank you for the ideas.. Will have to brush up my own baking skills before I can do pastry with Ben image although am excellent at chocolate cornflake cakes hehe image We really need to get him a proper booster seat for our kitchen table, he's just about squeezing into his highchair still, but when he sits on our chairs they're a bit too low for him to sit on properly, and he tends to jump up and down on them!

Haven't done any sticking with him, so will look into that.. and have just got him lots of painting stuff for Christmas as all our old stuff went mouldy image 

Does Charl have a booster seat? Any recommendations from anyone??

Will avoid the ranting about benefits etc.. as gets me cross too image Feeling bit sad tonight as just been chatting to my cousin on msn and it's the first anniversary of her brothers death tomorrow.. he was 3 days off his 18th birthday and knocked off the back of a motorbike.. we're going up to norfolk on sunday for a remembrance mass for him. It's so sad when young people die so young image 

• Oh Lucy, sending you a big hug. It's so sad when young people die, I hope the rememberence mass brings some comfort for the first anniversary of his passing.

To answer your question, Charl just has a cushion she sits on. I'm afraid we haven't used her high chair since she was about 14/15 months old as she liked to be like the rest of us!! I did use a material travel chair at first so I know I could turn my back and not worry about her falling off the chair but only until she got used to it.

You don't have to be Delia!! Just mix flour and a little butter to make a breadcrumb type mixture then add a little water to make a dough. If it's just for Ben to mess about with it doesn't need to be fab!! Just rollable!!

Have a good day today.

xx

• Morning Girls

Zoe you were up early is everything ok!

Lucy sending you a big hug and i also hope the rememberence  day brings some comfort to people

As for the mouse, it was only small and the staff were trying to catch it! i don't mind mice, but the thought of it running around where our little ones played and ate made me hot foot it out of there!

Going to see my sister and nephew later, hope you all have a good day xx

• Simone everything is fine. Unfortunately for me Charl was asleep for 6.30 last night. She woke briefly at 10 then again at 3.30 and was wide awake at 5 so I had to get up with her. It was nice to have the evening to myself but the early start will catch up with me later.

Have a lovely time with your sister and nephew later. Are you going out or just round to the house?

xx

• Oh dear, hope you can get an early night tonight

I think Jessica had some sort of night terror last night as i heard her crying at 11.30 so went into her and stroked her back and she started screaming and thrashing around her cot, with her eyes shut!
    It took about an hour to calm her down!image

• Hope you guys have a nice day today - will def try the pastry making at some point!!

Sorry you were up so early Zoe, hope it doesn't catch up too much with you later.. Ben let us lie in til 8.20am today which was a surprise!! I woke up earlier than he did worrying something was wrong!

We only got a kitchen table when we moved down here, so was easier keeping Ben in his chair as we would eat of our laps. He wriggles all over the place on the table chairs and is forever sliding off them or jumping, but might see how he does on a cushion..!

Hope Jessica's okay Simone, is scary when they get all upset and are still asleep. Hope they caught the mouse in the end!

Thanks for the messages about the mass, it will be very sad, but it will give the family a chance to see how much everyone is thinking of them and my cousin.

What are you guys up to today?  xx

• Hi Lucy,

I have finished work now for this week, yeah!! I am just checking on the messages then have some chores to do before I pick the kids up. Are you working today or have you a day off?

Simone, Night terrors are horrible. It's awful I know but the best thing you can do is ignore her as they don't recognise you as comforting them you are like an alien or something!! I just sit queitly in the bedroom just incase they wake and are upset but to be fair that's never happened. I prefer it though, just to make sure they don't come to any harm. Feel free to pm me if you want. Jack has them on and off and has done since he turned 2.

xx

• Evening girls,

Zoe, hope you're not too tired tonight. Thats very early!!!!!!! At least thats you done for the week now thoughimage

Lucy I hope you are enjoying your time off and are having a fab time entertaining Ben.

Simone, Glad Jessica ate her shreddies this morning. Did you get much Christmas shopping done yesterday?  Katelin was asleep before we even reached the M3 and slept  right through Aaron's parents evening which made things very easy for me. She woke up about 5ish in a much better mood.image

Daniel is feeling poorly. He's got a rotten cough and says his chest hurts. He may not be going in to school tomorrow. We will have to see how he is in the morning.

Footy's on again tonight, if any of you are around for an MSN chit chat?

Anyway, best get dinner sorted. Chat soon xxx