Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

06 Babies continued...…. (MFM)

Replies

• Just noticed , Zoe, we have reached our Target for Christmas 1 month ahead of schedule!!!!!!!

Lets have guess as to what page we will be on by Christmas eveimage

• Oh Yeah!! Woohoo well done us imageimageimage

I have to say I am feeling quite tired so trying to keep busy as James is on afternoons so I have no help this evening image.

By Christmas Day I predict we will be on page 41!! What's your guess???????

I'm sorry to hear Daniels picked something up. Unfortunately it's that time now isn't it. I hope he feels ok soon.

It's Jack's school's Christmas Fayre on friday night. They are having the school choir singing carols which will be lovely. We didn't go last year so I'm looking forward to it.

xx

• That sound lovely and Christmassy Zoe. Hope you have a nice time. Is Charl going too?

I was going to say 41 too so will go for 43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I have had the day off today which has been lovely image Put Ben down for a nap after lunch as we wore him out in the park and on a long walk this morning, and fell asleep on the sofa!!

Is freezing here today so was lovely all snuggled under a blanket - when Ben came down from his sleep we had a cuddle for at least 15 minutes!! image We went to the library so have been reading books this afternoon and he's now dancing to boogie beebies.

Sorry to hear Daniel's not feeling well.. Everyone seems to be going down with something at the moment. A couple of the GPs have been off the last two weeks which is partly why I got today off, as they had noone around if I needed to ask questions!

I love Christmas carols - found out the school down the road has it's Christmas Fayre on Saturday so we might pop along as I'd like to have a look around and get in the festive spirit!

Just been told dinner's on the table, so chat later xx

• Evening all.

Hope you are ok. Just passing time while dinner is cooking.

As most of you know Charl is hard work and has a strong personality. Today I was so pleased with her as she walked to school both this morning and this afternoon. Held my hand when I asked her to and she chose to a couple of times as well and she behaved. I made a big fuss of her so fingers crossed the message gets across.

I'll try and pop back on later. xx

• Ah thats lovely Zoe. Good girl Charlotteimage Maybe one day my lil'diva will behave herself too. I live in hopeimage

If I dont get to chat to you before have a nice evening at Jack's Christmas fayreimage

Lucy what delights did Shawn cook for you?

• Well done Charlotte!! It's so nice when you can go out without having a fight! Ben's getting better at holding my hand when we're out now, and it makes life so much easier.

SHAWN GOT A JOB!! Hooray!! He randomly sent his CV off online yesterday and got lots of phonecalls about a job nearby.. It's dealing with the same stuff he did in South Africa (something to do with tracking systems in lorries??) and he's all excited about it! Plus, the boss seemed to really like him and will let him work flexible hours and would like him to help run the business eventually image He's so happy, it's lovely - I think he'd given up hope of ever having a job he would like again!

I went to a music group with Ben this morning and felt like a proper mummy!! We sang lots of songs and did lots of dancing and banging drums etc.. Ben made lots of friends and really enjoyed it AND he didn't hit any other children image in fact, one little girl came over and grabbed his hand and they spent most of the time holding hands and jumping around the room!

Had an antenatal appt this afternoon and heard sproglet's heartbeat again image my midwife was all flustered cos i brought ben and shawn to the appt too.. she kept telling me that it was reassuring i measured 23cm when i should be 25cm, and then got a bit upset that i'm planning to work til the end of Feb..

Back to work tomorrow, but it's just one day and then the weekend so I can cope with that! How are your nails doing Zoe??

• LOL!! My nails are fine image, very conscious of them thoughimage.

Well done Shawn!! That's fab Lucy. When does he start? I'm glad you had a good time at music time and it sounds like Ben did too. A girlfriend already!!!!

Lucy-H, I'll let you know how it goes. Jack's excited about it, I just need Charl to be good there too. I hope I'm not asking too much.

Enjoy your evening. xx

• I've only had my nails done once, for a wedding and I LOVED them!! sadly i started paeds on the monday so had to chop them off as they were too big to examine tiny babies with image are you conscious of them in case something bad happens to them?? i think you should stop all housework and washing up til saturday night to protect them image

shawn made some yummy soup tonight with rolls.. was veggie soup so very good for sproglet (cancels out all the chocolate oranges i ate at the weekend!! - or that's the thought!!) He starts his new job on 6th January, so have to sort out childcare before then.. Ben is SO ready for nursery!!

hope you're having nice evenings xx

• Morning

What a good girl Charl, i bet mummy was very proud of you! How was the Christmas fayre last night Zoe? Im hoping it doesn't rain later as im taking Jessica into town to see the lights being switched on and father Christmas, also they are having fireworks at 5.45image

Lucy that is brilliant that Shawn got a job, he must be very excited about it, also glad that the antenatal went well.

Lucy-h hope you are all ok

I had a good sort out of Jessica's room last night in preparation for her cot to be turned into a bed! I managed to make enough room in there to put up her Dora pop up house and all her toys are in it and she thinks its great.

Hope you all have a good day xx

• Morning Simone, The Fayre is this evening. Jack's already excited about us going and he's got a full day at school first!!

I was very pleased with Charl, it just goes to show she can do it!!

I'm glad you have been able to give Jessica some space to play with her toys in her room. My two love having time playing when I'm upstairs changing beds or cleaning, it stops then getting irritable when there are chores to be done. So are you changing the cot to a bed before Christmas?

xx

• Lucy, I do love the nails, I wish they looked like this all the time without the need for them to be false!! Nevermind. I'm just having to be careful all the time with everything and not get stuck in just incase one comes off or breaks. I'll probably relax more after tomorrow night, we shall see.

Are you starting to look at your local nurseries then? Good luck. You'll have to keep us updated with your search.

Take care, xx

• Im changing Jessica's cot into a bed today Zoe!image

Did you do your nails yourself! If they are professional ones they should not come of, i had gel nails and they were brilliant

I have just come back from the hv and they are referring her for a hearing test because of her speech and if there is little or no improvement with her speech in 2months she will be referred for speech therapyimage 

• Im changing Jessica's cot into a bed today Zoe!image

Did you do your nails yourself! If they are professional ones they should not come of, i had gel nails and they were brilliant

I have just come back from the hv and they are referring her for a hearing test because of her speech and if there is little or no improvement with her speech in 2months she will be referred for speech therapyimage 

• Good luck for tonight then Simone!!

As for Jessica, I know you said about your concerns before with her speech. At least it sounds like the hv has been helpful so that's good. Let us know how she gets on.

My nails were done professionally but they are acrylic not gel. They probably won't come off it's just it's the first time I have had them so I'm aware of them, if that makes sense!!!!!

xx

• Had a look at nurseries online and one that has vacancies seems really good and not too pricey, but having difficulty accessing their ofsted report, although on their site they say it was a good one!

Back at work today which was a bit of a shock to the system, but very happy it's payday! got a bit extra too, as they paid me for 2 days in December as I'm leaving here on the 3rd, so that was a nice surprise image (we probably already spent it last month!).

Hope Jessica likes her new bed tonight! Ben loved his straight away, I think the Bob the Builder duvet cover helped lots with that! Hopefully her speech will just sort itself out over the next few months - did you have any worries about her hearing?? our hv said she would review ben's speech in 6 mo as it was the only thing he was borderline on, and he's definitely started talking a lot more than before (not sure what he's saying, but he's talking!!). If she does need speech therapy then it's really good they've picked it up early - my cousin had it when he was about the same age and he had no problems afterwards.

Zoe - hope you have a lovely time at the Christmas Fayre and that the weather up there is better than it is here (it's been tipping it down all morning image).

Chat later xx

• The weather here is lovely....sorry. It's cold but blue sky and sunshine. We had a wicked frost this morning everywhere was white over it was lovely. I like days like these.

xx

• sounds lovely.. am not jealous at all image

it's still raining here image

but it is friday, so that helps image

• That's true, Fridays are fab!!

Hope your day at work goes quickly. xx

• ooh page 37!!

it's still raining.. but only 2 hours 40mins til home time image