Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

06 Babies continued...…. (MFM)

Replies

• Options
    Thanks Lucy, I'm sure Jack will be fine. To answer your question i'll be 30 next birthday, image. Hope your patients are behaving!!
  • Options

Lucy, I'm..........................................................36   ssshhhhhhh!!!  thats just between usimage

Nigel and I have been together 15 years but only married for 1. We met on holiday inTenerfife way way way back in 1993 image. oh god I feel old.image

Hope your evening goes quick,Lucy.

Zoe just replied to your pm xxx

• Options

oh my goodness, you're both so old (only joking!) image Shawn and I have been together for about 9 months and 6 weeks longer than ben's age!! hehe.. although weirdly ben wasn't the accident most people think he was! we had a kind of head over heels madness few weeks, which luckily for us seems to have lasted - we met 3 years ago (in 2 days!).

we got married when ben was about a year old, but are hoping to have a nice big renewal of vows when we get to 10 years as we did the budget style wedding this time round..

do you work (other than looking after your babies) lucy, or are you a full time mum?

zoe - when's your birthday? are you going to have a big party??

• Options

Feb next year is the big month and no I'm not having a party. We did that for James last year and it was a flop as he was poorly and on AB's and Nearly half the people invited didn't turn up due to being ill so we are going to have a long weekend as a family although not decided where yet. Possibly Ireland.

I like the idea of you renewing your vows on your tenth anniversary, that's really sweet. So, go on then, how old are you??

Lucyanne, thanks for your pm. xx

• Options

LOL Lucyimage I am old!!!! I'm guessing you are in your early 20's then. image

I am a stay at home mum, and love it. I didn't have the sort of job that I would want to have kept going so I left and have not looked back since.

I will do something when my youngest starts school but it would have to be TTO .

• Options
    Zoe I'm trying to get used to you calling me Lucyanne. Its been agesimage
  • Options

I'm 27, so not that little! would love to stay at home, but Shawn's South African and although he worked his way up in a company over there, it doesn't transfer over here, so he'll probably have to retrain, which we can't afford right now.. he's thinking of being a plumber or electrician atm. so at the moment i have to earn all the money!

zoe - sounds like a nice idea going away for a few days.. sometimes parties can be a bit of a flop, although the presents are nice hehe! but sometimes too much hard work to justify!

i hope you're not being too rude about me in your pms, i feel like i'm missing out!image

• Options

Absolutely not!! We are not like that. Me and Lucyanne have been friends now for over a year and with our boys back at school tomorrow we have just been chatting about it. Don't like to bore people with it. Tell you what I'll send you a pm in a mo!!

Where abouts in SA is Shawn from? I have a friend over there, we met when her school netball team did a tour and she came and stayed with me. We still keep in touch now. She originates from Johannesburg but now lives in Gauteng with her hubby.

Lucyanne, I just thought it would save confusion as to which Lucy I was talking to if I refer to you as that!!

xx

• Options

was only joking! but thanks for pm image)

shawn's from joburg too, he grew up in Cape town, but it's just too rough over there for us to consider living there. how does your friend find things in gauteng??

it's such a shame the country is going downhill, wld love to live there otherwise, and Shawn's mum doesn't work, and his sister has a little one Ben's age, so would be perfect, but i'm not prepared to be scared everytime i go out of the front door (and sometimes a bit scared inside)..

anyway, just seen last patient so trying to scoot off early if my trainer lets me.

hope your little ones have a lovely first day back and it's not too traumatic for you!

lucy xx

• Options

I suppose it's different for them as they have been born over there and don't really know any different. She's expecting her first baby and is due in December. She seems happy.

I know you were joking, just didn't want to put any potential newbies off!!

Take care, xx

• Options

Thanks Lucy. Oh we would never be rude about you, we really are not like that. Its nice to have someone new to join in our 06 babies post. There was another one on the old site. you can still read it but its locked to any new theads.We managed about 37 pages i think. ( omg we talk alotimageimage)

I'll send you a pm tooimage

Kids are fed  and watered and our dinner is in the oven, so have a few mins on hereimage

• Options

Having a few problems......It has dawned on Jack that he IS back to school tomorrow, in a new class with some different people and a new teacher. He's been in tears.image I'm hoping in the morning he will be all excited again and looking forward to seeing his friends. Not an 06 post, but I know I can say that here.

xx

• Options

Hi Lucy, Lucy & Zoe!! looks like you've been having a good chat! How are you all? Zoe, just wanted to say that Sophie was pretty nervous too as she also was in a ew class with 2 new teachers, but she seems to have settled really well and can't wait for school each nmorning! maybe you can offer him a treat for when he comes out tomorrow afternoon? Even if it's just a piece of your scrummy cake?!

By the way, do you fancy a visit froma wolverhampton based gate crasher?! Maybe early november? You put the idea in my head when we were talking about the clothes and I just fancied chatting to you for longer than 2 hours!

• Options

OOOOooooo, if you want to try the Westfield Centre for some Christmas shopping I will give you a personnal tour!! Not sure we'd get further than starbucks though!!imageimage. We'll definately have to sort something out once your ankle is ok.

xx

• Options
    Or you could just come to mine for coffee and mince pies!!
  • Options

Or both!!!image

Hopefully, ankle should be a lot stronger in a month or so, it;s got so much better just in the three weeks that i have been at physioimage

• Options

Both sounds good to me image. I'm so pleased your ankle is getting better.

Take care, xx

• Options

hi all stephen is back to school tomorrow and christopher starts nursery next tuesday i know mollie is going to miss the boys like mad more stephen as she follows him around like a little puppy dog but he loves it

im nervous about him going back as he has had a problem with wetting every day when he was at school and since he has been at home for the hoildays he is dry at night and is dry every day so im worried for him but not letting him know

mollie isnt well she has got a really bad cold and so has abbie  

• Options
    sounds like he's done really wwell going dry this summer Emma. I'm sure our little boys are going to do fine at nursery, it's just us who will suffer! x
  • Options

i hope so i can tbelieve i will only have the girls at home and most mornings they are in bed for a nap so i will be bored in the mornings apart from housework (boring) if anyone has msn here and want to pm me so we could have chats in the morning so i can get out of the housework LOL