Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006

06 Babies continued...…. (MFM)

Replies

• Heheehhe, Em i'll pm you!! Believe me, sometimes it's great to have some free time even if it is to do housework, it means you can devot your time to the little ones when they are about.

Hope the girls shift their colds soon, and that you are feeling ok.

xx

• Well Charl hasn't had a nap again today and at times she has been a little madam today. I think she has just exhausted herself as she is currently tucked up in bed fast asleep. Fingers crossed for a good night.

xx

• That was the playground episode, probably.

Well I hope she stays asleep, Zoe.  Fingers crossed.

Take care, see you Saturday xxx

• It was ok. She woke briefly at 10.30 as I went up to bed then again at 3 then was wide awake at 6. Can't complain as last night I got to sit down in front of the tv in peace for the first time in a while. Being up this early though, I can't see her not napping today.

xx

• gosh, you were up early zoe! how was the first day back at school?

i went to the meeting on wed night and didn't get home til about 10.30pm - was absolutely shattered yesterday and in a foul mood with Shawn in the morning - oops! had to have a nap as soon as i got in last night, and then went to bed again at 8pm!! not sure how i'm going to cope when i go back into hospital to work again..

still have lots of free slots in my clinic this morning, so will hopefully be a quiet day.. can't wait til the weekend and spending quality time with Ben.. i've been so grumpy recently , wish i didn't have to work full time!

on the positive side my mum's found out some stuff for me about maternity leave - i thought i'd only get 6 weeks paid and then SMP, but looks like i get 6 wks paid and 18 wks at half pay, which is great! hopefully will take a full 6 months off - yay!

• Morning Lucy!

Yes I was up early today, infact we all were!! Jack heard me and Charl so got up then James was up at 7 which is unheard off if he's not on early's (he's a shift worker).

Yesterday went ok thanks. Jack was really nervous and didn't eat his breakfast but once we were in the playground and he saw his friends he was fine. He didn't even look to see where I was as he walked into class. Today as it's raining they go straight into school so I let him go in on his own, while I watched from the playground. It feels strange but by Christmas we won't be allowed past the gate when we drop them off so I need to give him the confidence he doesn't need me to take him into school.

I'm not surprised you are grumpy. Pregnant, mum of a little one and a full time worker! It's allowed from time to time image. I'm glad you will be able to get 6 months mat leave, you'll need it.

Have you got any plans for the weekend?  xx

• aww.. glad he was okay. must be hard watching him going off on his own and getting all grown up!

we're hoping to decorate ben's room this weekend - may be being a bit optimistic as we haven't prepared it at all, or bought any of the stuff, but that's the plan..!!

what about you?

• Jack has his swimming lesson on a Saturday morning then it's SC racing. Not sure if James will be on his own, or if Jack will go to.

Good luck doing Ben's room. Think you'll need it!!LOL!!

• Morning Ladies,

Hope you're both ok. ( IF a little tired)

Well back to normal here. Doing the school run in the rainimage.

We are off to a soft play center a bit later. Oh and i gave Katelin a yogurt and she came out in hives again. So it looks definate that she still has the allergy.image

What do you have planned today Zoe? And Lucy hope you have a good day at work. Are you a practice nurse? ( will bombard you with tons of Q's if you are heheheimage)

• Zoe, I know how you feel. We are not allowed to go in with them now. I have to leave him at the main door. They all look so small to be doing it all on their own.

Lucy, you sound just like us. we were going to decorate the boys room. did no preperation and it fell by the wayside.

But we will try again . Maybe this weekendimage I'll race you!!!!!

• OOh we have done 9 pages already in 2 months. So we might make 27 by christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • have a feeling our decorating may fall by the wayside.. but we'll see!

what exactly is SC racing?? am sure i should know, but don't image

i'm a GP trainee (don't bombard me with questions as i'm clueless!). just did a smear on a woman who scared me quite a lot.. very relieved she's left. don't have any other patients this morning (unless they book in late..) am hoping my afternoon slots will stay nice and free, but you always get someone stealing your last appt of the day!

i can remember when ben was going to nursery i found it so hard leaving him.. the first day i took him he was the first child there and the last one to be picked up - i felt awful!

• LOL Lucyimage Why did she scare you???

Wow you have a fab job.

And SC racing is stock car racing. Its very BIG in Zoe householdimage

• Sorry Lucy. SC racing is stock car racing. A lot of the girls know we go a lot so I just abbreviate it. I hope you don't get anymore scary patients today!!

Lucyanne, how are you today? I'm still on a mission with the housework now Jack's back to school. Can still find time for on here though!!image He does seem very little to be going on his own, but I suppose it's for the best.

I had noticed we are doing well with the pages. If we try really hard we CAN reach our target!!

• LOL!! Lucyanne said it all, Stock car racing is very big in our household. Only 15 sleeps to go to the World Final, woohoo!!
  • oh dur.. brain is switched off today! sounds like fun!

this woman was 47 and looked down her nose at me when she walked in the door, then asked me exactly what a GP 'trainee' meant - making me feel about 2cms tall! maybe she was just scared cos i was going to be looking at her naughty bits hehe!

it is a great job, just feel out of my depth most days, as the things you see in a hospital aren't the same as in a GP surgery - so when people ask me about simple things like athletes foot i have no idea! give me someone having a heart attack and i'll be fine!

just so glad it's friday image 

so you think you will decorate this weekend?

• Lucy if you view my photo album there are two photo's of Jack with two of his favourite drivers and there cars.

xx

• Well the weather says we should and we have all the stuff ( have had it for over a yearimage) But we'll see.

I think GP trainee is self explanatory. Silly woman. You take no notice, Lucy.

What area are you in Lucy?. I need to have a smear next week and just want to make sure you are not in my surgery. Save a couple of red facesimage hehehe

• And a very goodlooking driver image
  • very nice looking driver! 

lovely photos - your children are so gorgeous! image can't work out how to put pics on here, they keep saying they're too big! are either of you on facebook? have hundreds of pics on there!

am in Sussex, and would suggest practice nurses are much better at doing smears as they do them all the time!! (and i hate doing them hehe!).