Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006

Anyone with an 06 baby? (MFM)

Replies

• Morning Lucyanne,

Jack was a nightmare with food and still is. He is getting better as he sees Charl eating things but in general his diet is limited which is why I've sent him school dinners to try and improve it.

I know what you mean about the forum being adictive, me and my husband fight for the computer as he goes on a stock car forum and it's the first thing he does when he gets in from work!! We're always joking about it.

Have a good day, I'm taking Charl to the hairdressers with me this morning so wish me luck. She really could do with a trim.

Hope all goes well with Aaron this morning, Zoe x
  • Oh I do wish you luck ,if Charl is anything like katelin. She screams the place down.
    You would think she was in a dentist chair the way she carries on!!and thats only having her frindge trimmed.
    Off to soft play world soon, so katelin can fall asleep as usual!!

Aaron has reached his goal!
    His teacher gave him a big hug and a sticker and wrote a little note in his message book.
    Im so pleased.
    Long live Bribery and corruption!
  • That's great. I'll pop on later to let you know how I get on. Charl screamed through her check up at the Dentist to, it wouldn't be to bad if it wasn't my boss!!

I don't think we get through a week without bribary for something. Have a good day. Zoe x
  • Hi Lucyanne,

Well I did it!! Charl didn't have her hair cut but she sat happily on my knee while I had mine done so I can't complain. I've bought her some things for her hair as it's getting long so hopefully she'll get more used to having me 'play' with it.

Oh and woolies have got Dr Who things half price if you want to get anything for Aaron.

Take care, Zoe x
  • Thanks for that . Will go in next week as its his birthday in November so that will be perfect.
    Katelins hair is getting long and although she loves having it brushed she is not a fan of clips ect which is a shame as we bought her some lovely ones from Disney world.
    As long as we can distract her she will have them in for a while.
    She was my bridesmaid,and had a lovely pink hair band to go in her hair which lasted long enough for some photographs then it was out.
    Aaron is over the moon now he has his screwdriver,and he has promised he will no longer go to school crying. Hope he is not wondering what else he can get out of me!
    Have anything planned for the weekend?
  • Not this weekend. Jack's at a party on Sunday, but he has been falling asleep this week after school. It's been his first full week this week so thought better have a quiet one.

Have you got plans?

Zoe x
  • I'm not surprised he's tired,bless him.
    Must be hard going from part time to full time.
    We have no plans this weekend.
    Just the usual football on sunday morning for my eldest.
    Hope the weather is better than today.
    Has it been raining up in Derby?
  • Morning,

The last two days we have had rain even though it has not been forecast. It's very cloudy this morning but i can see the sun trying to break through.

I've managed to put Charl's hair in pig tails this morning ans she looks sooo cute i just hope she keeps them in. She has been good with hair slides to keep hair out of her eyes but this is the first time i've used bobbles.

Hope you are all ok and have a good weekend.

Zoe x
  • Hope she keeps them in. sounds very cute.
  • Hi,

How are things with you? Ok I hope. Charl has really taken to having her hair done so i'm really pleased, I can't wait to be able to platt it!!

Does Aaron like the Dr Who screwdriver?

Jack tried it on this morning saying I had to take him into class as he didn't want to play in the playground, as soon as we got through the shcool gates he was off!!

Chat soon, Zoe x
  • Hi
    Aaron loves the screwdriver.
    He cried this morning but I think it was because I was hanging around talking to his teacher.
    We got a letter saying that he needs extra help from the special needs teacher as he is quite a way behind his class mates.
    I feel so upset.
    I knew he was not as advanced as most of them, but to have it in writing was a bit of a slap in the face.
    Cant help but feel that its because I havent given him enough attention.
  • Hi Lucyanne,

Don't blame yourself some children just take longer to pick things up than others. Some extra help at this young age could be the confidence boost he needs and can only be a good thing. We've got a meeting with Jack's teacher in a couple of weeks, I'm expecting her to tell me about Jack's speech. It isn't terrible but it is noticeably different from his friends. People have said it's my fault as I can understand him but i've just replied it's because i make an effort!! Protective or what!

That maybe the problem you've had with him settling in. If he's feeling he's getting left behind but doesn't want to ask. Let me know how things progress.

Zoe x
  • Hi Zoe,
    Its not your fault about Jacks speech. You understand him because he is your son just as you understand what Charl is trying to tell you,You just tune in.

You may have a point about Aaron.
    I know extra help is what he needs and that it will be good for him but hate the thought of him being singled out and knowing why.
    In Aarons school, all classes have a soft toy that the children take turns in taking home for a sleepover and they have to write in its diary.
    Its a dog called Daisey
    Its a real big deal and the children get really excited when its their turn.
    when its Aarons turn my heart sinks as when I read what the other children have written and see that Aaron can only just write his name it makes me want to cry.
    Im getting upset as I'm typing this.
    I have really tried to make a big effort with him but once he switches off if he is tired then theres no geting through to him.
    He is still on stage 1 books and his buddies are on 4.
    I'm going on a bit now and probably boring you. Sorry.
  • No not at all, it's better to talk/ write to someone about things. As mum's we all try to do our best by our children but one thing we forget is that they are all individuals and have different needs. I was no academic at school but I played in all the sports teams and did a few at county level as that was what I was good at. My brother, however, couldn't kick a ball to save his life but sailed through school and uni and yet hardly put the hours in. We are all different. Aaron sounds like a child who just needs a little extra help to help him progress. It's not something you've done or not done it's just his make up. We all want them to be the best at everything and like you say it upsets us if they are a little different from the rest of there piers. Try not to be upset, if I could i'd give you a big hug. It's best that he gets the help now than when he's at Secondry school.

Chin up, Zoe x
  • Thanks Zoe.
    I was the same at school really.Except I was a sportaphobic.
    I have to ask my 8 year old how to spell some words!
    Aaron is a dear little thing(well big thing really he wears 7-8 clothes) he has alovely nature and wouldnt hurt a fly. These things can get overlooked when theres an issue with developement.So I should be greatfull, shouldnt I!
    Just to add to my already bad day I am going to possibly need a hysterectomy very soon as I have a Uterine Prolapse.
    Which has got worse over the last few months. I'm seeing GP on wed morning to see what she says.
    Feels strange to think I wouldnt be able to have anymore children even though I dont want to have any more.
  • Oh Lucyanne,

I will just say this... That happened to my mum about two years ago and she had to have a hysterectomy. It wasn't until after the op that she realised all the problems she'd been having over the last few years were as a result of that developing and she felt so much better afterwards. She is coming to the end of her hrt treatment ( compulsory for about three years, i think!?) and the only regret she has is not seeing her GP earlier.

Anyway, you've got three children to keep you busy, four was never an option, was it?!

Zoe x
  • NO NO NO Never an option.
    Infact 3 was never on the cards, but we were blessed to have Katelin aswell.
    What about you?
    Did you plan to have 2?
    I have to say I never planned my first It was a total surprise.Aaron was our only planned baby.
    So much for the pill eh?

Good to hear your mum is very positive about it.
    I wont need HRT as they plan to leave my overies ,ooh TMI.
  • Hehe, glad you've cheered up a bit.

I have to confess although we wanted two we weren't actually trying to conceive when i got caught with Charlotte. I'll never forget doing that test. My husband was with me and I said to him don't worry it won't be positive, but of course it was. I must of spent the next hour in hysterical laughter trying to get my head around it. She is though the best accident to have happened to us and Jack is really good with her. It was obviously meant to be.
  • You took it well then.
    I was thrilled with our first,Daniel. Bit of a shock but we were delighted.
    We only tried once for Aaron, and hey presto the stork never let us down.
    Then in August 05 I was 3 days late. Did a test, threw it in the air and burst into tears.I couldnt speak. My poor husband didnt know if I was or If I was crying with relief that I wasnt.
    Until he picked it (and me) up off the floor.
    I had just started weight watchers and was wondering why it was not working.
    Wouldnt change her for the world now of course.
    Like you said about Charl, she was meant to be.
    I have a friend who has spent over £25.000 on IVF.
    She has 1 daughter and lost a little boy at 20 weeks and the other attemtps failed.
    It made us feel very blessed indeed.
  • Hi Lucyanne,

Just to let you know i've sent you a private message. Hope you got it as it's the first one i've sent.

Zoe x