Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in 2006

Anyone with an 06 baby? (MFM)

Replies

• Oh my god, we've reached 6 pages now. I think that has to be a record!!
    I'm sorry you had such a bad night.
    How is Charl this morning?
    Katelin is full of cold too but she does the oppersite, she just sleeps.
    She had a 5 hour nap yesterday and went to bed last night at 7 and I had to wake her at 8.25 this morning to do the school run. Its times like this that make me feel guilty for having to wake her to take her out in the cold.
    I did'nt bother washing or dressing her. Just changed her nappy and put her in her snow suit , hat& gloves and a blanket. She did'nt eat her breaky but had her bottle( which was cows milk, so will wait and see if she is ok with that, fingers crossed)
    Did Jack go in ok even though he is feeling coldy?
    Aaron was fine this morning as have promised to replace his toy story videos with the dvd's.
    It was daniels turn to cry today as he has swimming this afternoon and wanted me to write a note to his teacher to get him out of it.I did for the last 2 weeks as he sprained his hand but he's fine now so I said he's going. So he has the hump.
    Its my turn to be abandond saturday night as my husband is playing golf then going to watch the rugby in the pub then on for a curry. My highlight is bowling with the kids and a burger!!
    Mmmm now whos done an essay?
  • Charl didn't have breakfast this morning which must be a first she has only had a bottle and a biscuit all morning which is really out of character so I know she's feeling bad.

Jack went off ok, i gave him some calpol and told him he'd be ok now!! I know the school will ring if there's a problem and I'm literally opposite so there's no problem if i had to pick him up.

I'm afraid we go away on friday night for the weekend so I won't be able to keep you company. I'm sure bowling and a burger will be great fun.

Take care, Zoe x
  • Just want to share with you all that Charlotte has learned how to do high fives and it's sooo cute!! You put up your hand say to her "high five" and she comes up to you slaps your hand then laughs and gives herself a clap. It's lovely.
  • Ah bless.
    Katelin does 'high 5's' but only for a biscuit.
  • Hiya,

Charlotte's been sick in the car tonight. I still think it's to do with all the snot though as she's had and kept down a bowl of cornflakes and milk which she had a couple of hours ago. She's in bed now and again not sure if i should have but she's had her usual bottle. Just have to see.
  • She slept through til 4 this morning, had another feed then went back to sleep til 7.30. I can't believe it thought i was in for a bad night. She's fine today, eating her usual so pleased it was a one off.

Take care, Zoe x
  • It's starting to look like a blog diary, Lucyanne where are you!!!!!!Hehe!

Charl likes to walk if she can get away with it, only problem is she starts off as good as gold holding your hand going in your direction all smiles, then she likes to do her own thing. I've got a wrist strap, she hates it (so do I ), i've got reigns which she's happy to put on and ok with them until it's time for her to go off on one then she doesn't like them. I need her to be safe if she won't hold my hand. Anyone got a suggestion?
  • Sorry Zoe,
    I hav'nt really used 06 babies since we've been doing private messaging. But just so you're not doing a blog diary I will put some posts in here too.
    I locked myself out this morning.
    I was in a bit of a rush and forgot to take my keys with me.
    when I got back from the school run, Nigel had already gone and Katelin was still wearing her PJ's and had not had her bottle or breakie, as I'd had to wake her to do the schoolrun.
    Just as I was phoning Nigel to come home, my battery went flat.
    I was contemplating breaking in, when my neighbour came past so I went in with her and phoned Nigel who had'nt got very far so I didnt get an ear bashing when he had to turn around and come home. Finally got in and poor Katelin was starving.
    Mmmm, hope its not the start of another bad week!!!!!!

Have you seen those reigns that have a teddy on the back (mothercare I think)
    They may be better. Or the one's that have a backpack?
    Or if Charl has a dolly could the dolly wear reigns too.
    Katelin has a will of her own and I am not looking forward to when she wont go in her buggy because she wants to walk.
    When Charl has the wrist strap on do you hold her hand too so that the strap is'nt pulled tight?
    Cant think what else to suggest. whatever the outcome let me know so I can do that with Katelin!!!! hehe
  • Oh Lucyanne,

I can't believe your luck at the moment, i'm sure you've had more than your fair share lately.

Getting to Charlotte, she's ok when holding hands but when she decides to let go she doesn't like her wrist being held back. It's hard as she is so head strong and already likes to be independent she doesn't like 'help' and she's too young to be bribed into doing what I want. I'll just have to persist and see what happens, I'll keep you informed.
  • Hi Zoe,
    Just read your message about the reigns. We have a backpack that has a strap attached to it, Its made by a company called little life. Its fantastic and Naimh used to love it, we bought it from waitrose and it was £11.99 or there abouts (under £12 anyway). They are a great idea, and I got stopped everywhere we went asking where I got it from.
    Hope this helps
    Kas xx
  • Thanks Kas,

Do you know if they are on the internet??
  • Hi Zoe,
    hope this works. They do have other styles in the shop, but this is the only one online

http://www.johnlewis.com/+Baby/Travellin...64/Product.aspx

Kas xx
  • Thanks Kas,

I'll let you know what i decide to do.

Zoe x
  • Hi All
    The one that Kas has recommended is the exact one i borrowed from a friend once for Ethan and he absolutely loved it think he felt quite grown up.
    I didn't bother buying one as Ethans quite happy with his normal ones. Also since i had Amber he's very good at holding onto the side of the buggy (with reigns for added protection) i'm afraid that's no good for you Zoe but is a very good excuse to have a third!!
    Take care love Tasha xx
  • Hi Zoe,
    I think Katelin losing bear has actually affected her a lot more than I thought.
    She got him back on Thursday and since then she has been waking up at night after she has been asleep for 30 mins or so, screaming. She also seems reluctant to have her usual daytime sleep as she cries when I put her in her bed.
    Its either that or the cows milk she having as it coinsides with me changing her from follow on milk to cows milk.
    She also has not said poopoo since she said it on sunday because she's not 'been'.
    So I'm not sure if she was traumertised by bears disserpearing act or if the cows milk is giving her tummy ache. Could be as she would normally 'go' once or twice a day.
    I think I might buy a can of formula just to see. Then I'll know .
  • I know when we went away and i used long life milk with it not needing to be kept in the fridge, that altered Charlottes poo colour and consistancy. If she struggled I put her in a warm bath yp to her tummy and would sit rubbing her back or tum which ever she was happy with, she would then poo in the bath. After a couple of days once her body was used to the change things went back to normal.

Can she have weetabix for breakfast? That may help things along. Hope things sort out for you soon.

Take care, Zoe x.
  • Hi
    yes she has weetabix every morning.
    Going back to formula till she 'go's'.
    Then go from there.
  • Have you tried her in a warmer than usual bath? It really helps Charlotte. She often poos in the bath if she has gone a day or two without going, I think it makes it a little more comfortable!!
  • Yipee, she's been.
    I cooked her mashed carrot,sweet spuds and onion and she 'went' about 30mins later.
    I also bought her a can of formula so I'm going to stick to that for the time being, just to be safe.
    The test will be if she wakes up within an hour of going to sleep.
  • Good, glad she's been she'll be much happier now.