Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How was yours?

Well how was everyone's Christmas? We had a fab day, Rhea was spoilt rotten. She got a walker & a vtech rocking chair, also, a doll, clothes, lots of books & a very special pull along dog.

We had a lovely day at PIL & rhea said dada for the 1st time which we managed to record.We stuffed ourselves & had a fair few to drink & stayed overnight which was fab.

My extremely special gift apart from enjoying my first with my wee family.My PIL gave me 2 beautiful rings to choose one of. They are OH's great-grandmother's wedding rings,one from MIL granny & one from FIL granny. They are truely beautiful & such a special, special gift.

Hope all was good with yours!!

Jaynexx

Replies

• Sounds like you had a great day Jayne

We also had a fab time. Finley was spoilt as well. We started with the presents at 7am and he opened his last one at 9am on Boxing Day. I really did buy him too much but I have learnt for next time (well I say that now :lol: )

We spent the day at my parents and Finley really enjoyed his christmas dinner. Think he had a little too much excitement though because he barely slept all day and it then took me 2 hours to get him to go to sleep at bedtime :roll:

I hope all the other April babies enjoyed their first christmas. 1st Birthdays up next imageimage
  • We had a lovely day to although poor Gracie-bobs was a bit off colour and woke us at 5am having puked at some point in the night and so was covered in it. Nice. We think it was just teething though. Poor thing. Anyway it was still a lovely day and (mummy's girl that she is) still managed to tuck into some Christmas dinner!! She also loved all the wrapping paper and finally getting some toys that are actually hers and not Jessica's handmedowns (although Father Christmas had got his hands on a fair few of those as well LOL!).

Imagine how crazy it will be next year when they're all 20 month old toddlers - yikes!!!
  • We had a lovely day down at my parents. My Dad cracked open the buck's fizz for breakfast which is always good!

Daisy had a stocking with a few little things in it and she got lots of other things, most of which make lots of loud noise! Her present from us was a rocking horse (a small one!) but she didn't get that until yesterday as we couldn't fit everything in the car. She also enjoyed her first Christmas dinner and even ate the sprouts (which Daddy wouldn't!).

She has also mastered getting from her tummy to sitting over Christmas and on Boxing Day crawled forward for the first time (she's been going backwards for a while), although she hasn't done it much since.
  • Your days all sound fab! We had family here for 5 days and had a ball. LO had tonnes of presents (we did a second present opening session on Boxing Day). She got some wonderful gifts (a walker, rocking horse and a Build A Bear to name just a few!).

Best of all, it was the first time in 12 years that DH and I didn't have to spend Xmas driving to and fro so that was lovely.

I have eaten far too much (and last night drank too much :roll: ) but I have had a wonderful Christmas as a mummy.

Happy Christmas guys! x