Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Happy new year!!

Hope you all had a good one! We had my sister and bil over and another couple and got faaaar too giddy on home made cocktails! I think I was making up for last year's sober new year lol!

Can't wait to get the girls to bed tonight so I can collapse as we got to bed at 3.30 but then Grace woke at 6.40 - arggghhhh! Have remembered now why I don't do big nights out since becoming a mummy!

Anyway, here is to a fab 2011 image

Xxx Feebs and Grace

Replies

• Ha ha! I know what you mean - the two do not go hand in hand, do they?! I had a few too many one night over xmas and boy did the little miss make me pay for it the next day!

Happy 2011 everyone! x
  • Happy New Year to all the April babies and Mummies!

You're brave Feebs! I couldn't face going out so was happy to use 'lack of babysitters' as an excuse. Half a bottle of Beringer and bed by 10.30 - that's my kind of new year at the moment.

Let's hope 2011 is as joyous as this last year.

xx
  • Happy New year girlies!! Hope you all had a good one. I'm not a huge one fo new year, much prefer christmas image So all we did was take the dog a walk, sat with a few nibbles & went to bed at 11pm. DAve was working this morning, so couldn't do anything anyway.

xx
  • Happy New Year.

We stayed in, my best mate came round and we sang and danced or way to the end of the year on the wii. 3 out of my 4 kids stopped up to see the new year in, only ds2 didn't manage it. I didn't drink as still bf, though it might have helped LO sleep through if I had :lol: . We were all in bed by 1:45.
  • Happy new year! Some friends came round with their 2 kids and stayed over. We had a nice meal, played some games and sat up chatting until 2am. Had a few glasses of wine but pumped and dumped yesterday morning and gave Daisy her one bottle of the day in the morning instead!

Daisy didn't wake up until 7.40am (good girl), sadly our friend's 2 year old was singing away from 5.45am (grrr). No hangover fortunately image Was in bed v. early last night
  • Happy New Year

We had a quiet night in as well. In bed by 11 but got woken up by the fire works so kind of saw the new year in.

I am really looking forward to 2011. We have had to put off TTC number 2 for a few months which I am gutted about but also excited because hopefully I will be starting my own business this year image

I hope 2011 is kind to you all. Can you believe our LOs will be 1 in only 4 months image
  • Happy New Year!

I had a really quiet New Year. DH went to a party and stayed at a friends house for the night. My sister went to her Boyfriends so it was just me, my Mum and Holly-Kate. She went to bed at 7pm so me and my Mum had a nice meal, a nice box of chocolates and some wine and then some champagne at midnight. My auntie, uncle and cousin came round to say Happy New Year but ended staying to see the New Year in but it was still quiet- we sat talking and having a laugh.

I hope everyone has a Fab 2011 xx
  • Arghh! you all put me to shame! I was still suffering on Sunday lol!! xx
  • Happy new year girls!

I stayed in with dh and a couple of friends. Take away and treated myself to a wine spritzer. Really struggled ti stay awake til midnight though.

Hope you all have a great 2011 x
  • Happy New Year to you all. We had a quite one too as Matthew has suddenly taken to waking several times in the night and very very early in the morning. We were so tired that we were in bed by 10.30!
  • Happy new year girlies!!!

We were in bed by about 10pm...Benjamin has taken to waking up between 4.30-5.30am so we were both shattered (although he does sleep through from 7pm at last!!)....so a bit lame, maybe next year we'll celebrate a bit more, though I've never been one for New Year!

Hope everyone has a fantastic 2011,

Xxxx
  • A little late - but happy new year - we went to the in laws the rest if the family was there - madness but was nice - grace was loving all the attention and went up sleep in the travel cot up stairs. I didn't drink as iv been full of a cold.

All the best for 2011 ladies! Good luck to those trying for another bump! I'm goingbto wait another year!

I can't believe that our babies are nearly 9 months !!! Parties at the ready!